Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by T-hug, May 5, 2015.
It's a shame Neversoft is gone, but I see no reason why this shouldn't be really good.
I recently found some copies of skate 2 and 3 at a car boot sale and have spent the last week or two remembering how much I like them. Now with nothing said about any Skate 4 I guess I will have to put my hopes on this coming to something.
No PC version? Really? That fucking sucks, I'm sorry, not buying the game or a new console.
So I went and looked up the dev... they are the ones responsible for TH Ride, Shred, the HD "remake" (see that video in my previous post).
2012 was the last game they released apparently and I have seen companies take time off, consider their actions and come storming back... but I am not expecting it out of an activision helmed project. In fact I can only hope it is as well polished as something like COD.
Their choosing to skip a PC port is pretty damning if you ask me, there is no reason for them not to, THPS 1, 2, 3, 4, THUG, THAW, etc all have been on the platform. Just saying.
Did they state that they are not doing a PC port? It could well be a "at some point in the future" type of thing.
All I see in the OP is that it's for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, no mention of a PC port. Lazy developers as usual. They're not getting my support, I hope the game gets pirated.
THPS 4 was my favorite Skater game.
Meh...I got tired of THPS after realising that 3 was basically 2 with different levels and a bit of a graphical overhaul. Later versions changed even less. so whenever I feel like it, I can just whip up any game and it'll play exactly like the new one.
The irony is that piracy is probably one of the main reasons why they aren't releasing it on PC immediately. And if it's not that, it's that they've got some sort of deal with MS and/or sony. the mention that they're lazy makes even less sense than before, since porting has been easier than ever (next-gen consoles are basically PC's at this point).
I hope this does the following;
- Keep the arcade feel of the originals. Don't try to be Skate. We have Skate to be Skate. Be THPS.
- Cuts down on the pointless gimmicks. Not every game needs to 'innovate', it just has to do what it does well. Someone should really mention this to Sonic Team...I'm talking NO BULLSHIT CONTROLLERS, for a start.
- Has a kick ass soundtrack. I still to this day have the entire soundtrack to the first three THPS games (as well as Aggressive Inline. SEQUEL THAT PLEASE).
- Bring back the Heaven bonus level from THPS2, complete with God telling me I suck when I bail. I'm picking up a replacement copy of THPS2 (from Oxfam of all place...) tomorrow when I get paid simply to replay that level.
- Have an awesome unlockable character or two. I can't be the only one who lost their shit when they unlocked Darth Maul in THPS3. Or Spiderman in THPS2. You know who I'd like to see? Joel from The Last Of Us. Just to see such a super-serious character doing insane tricks and flips.
A little disappointed it looks like the old games. Makes me anxious to see more.
There is something very wrong with GFX in this game.
Characters look kind of overdone or very realistic (not so good anyway), while the scenarios look kind of plain with bad textures and perhaps cartoonesque...
Those walls... hell.. polygons were too expensive this season? They are too... straight... I don't know, it makes me remember old games like Castle Master.
Nothing looks good, but this image takes the price regarding awfully plain walls, terrain and textures:
Warning: Spoilers inside!
I'll stick with Tony Hawk pro skater on my Nokia N Gage QD which is by the way the best freaking handheld of all time
I wish that this would go back to THPS 2 in feel. I don't want that "jackass" humor that was introduced later, trashing things, messing with hobos...
The only thing I liked to some extent is the "revert", even though that messes up the combo-score challenge.
Oh, and if it doesn't get a Wii U version (as "last gen")... then I'd be pissed.
It won't, why would they care about porting the Wii U, esp. given the fact other parties refuse to support it?
There were some rumors of this new THPS game before. And I'm not gonna lie, by the pics in the Source, the game looks worst then I expected.
Tony Hawk skating series has always been some of my favorite games to play when I was younger.
I hope that on PS4, they do what they did in the originals and include spiderman.
That was the greatest fucking thing ever when I was a kid.
W00t w005 can't wait!