First look at Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by T-hug, May 5, 2015.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    thps55.5revealextrae.jpg
    thps5_beach_laticia_shoveit.jpg thps55.5reveal610.jpg thps55.5revealextrad.jpg

:arrow:Source (GameInformer)

2. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    It's a shame Neversoft is gone, but I see no reason why this shouldn't be really good.

chartube12 likes this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I recently found some copies of skate 2 and 3 at a car boot sale and have spent the last week or two remembering how much I like them. Now with nothing said about any Skate 4 I guess I will have to put my hopes on this coming to something.

Also amusing

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    No PC version? Really? That fucking sucks, I'm sorry, not buying the game or a new console.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    So I went and looked up the dev... they are the ones responsible for TH Ride, Shred, the HD "remake" (see that video in my previous post).

2012 was the last game they released apparently and I have seen companies take time off, consider their actions and come storming back... but I am not expecting it out of an activision helmed project. In fact I can only hope it is as well polished as something like COD.

6. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Their choosing to skip a PC port is pretty damning if you ask me, there is no reason for them not to, THPS 1, 2, 3, 4, THUG, THAW, etc all have been on the platform. Just saying.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Did they state that they are not doing a PC port? It could well be a "at some point in the future" type of thing.

Margen67 and chartube12 like this.
  8. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

All I see in the OP is that it's for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, no mention of a PC port. Lazy developers as usual. They're not getting my support, I hope the game gets pirated.

Margen67 likes this.
  9. Oak

Oak GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    THPS 4 was my favorite Skater game.

10. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Meh...I got tired of THPS after realising that 3 was basically 2 with different levels and a bit of a graphical overhaul. Later versions changed even less. so whenever I feel like it, I can just whip up any game and it'll play exactly like the new one.

The irony is that piracy is probably one of the main reasons why they aren't releasing it on PC immediately. And if it's not that, it's that they've got some sort of deal with MS and/or sony. the mention that they're lazy makes even less sense than before, since porting has been easier than ever (next-gen consoles are basically PC's at this point).

11. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I hope this does the following;
    - Keep the arcade feel of the originals. Don't try to be Skate. We have Skate to be Skate. Be THPS.

- Cuts down on the pointless gimmicks. Not every game needs to 'innovate', it just has to do what it does well. Someone should really mention this to Sonic Team...I'm talking NO BULLSHIT CONTROLLERS, for a start.

- Has a kick ass soundtrack. I still to this day have the entire soundtrack to the first three THPS games (as well as Aggressive Inline. SEQUEL THAT PLEASE).

- Bring back the Heaven bonus level from THPS2, complete with God telling me I suck when I bail. I'm picking up a replacement copy of THPS2 (from Oxfam of all place...) tomorrow when I get paid simply to replay that level.

- Have an awesome unlockable character or two. I can't be the only one who lost their shit when they unlocked Darth Maul in THPS3. Or Spiderman in THPS2. You know who I'd like to see? Joel from The Last Of Us. Just to see such a super-serious character doing insane tricks and flips.

12. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    A little disappointed it looks like the old games. Makes me anxious to see more.

13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    There is something very wrong with GFX in this game.
    Characters look kind of overdone or very realistic (not so good anyway), while the scenarios look kind of plain with bad textures and perhaps cartoonesque...
    Those walls... hell.. polygons were too expensive this season? They are too... straight... I don't know, it makes me remember old games like Castle Master.

Nothing looks good, but this image takes the price regarding awfully plain walls, terrain and textures:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

KingBlank and Margen67 like this.
  14. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    I'll stick with Tony Hawk pro skater on my Nokia N Gage QD which is by the way the best freaking handheld of all time

15. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I wish that this would go back to THPS 2 in feel. I don't want that "jackass" humor that was introduced later, trashing things, messing with hobos...
    The only thing I liked to some extent is the "revert", even though that messes up the combo-score challenge.

Oh, and if it doesn't get a Wii U version (as "last gen")... then I'd be pissed.

16. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

It won't, why would they care about porting the Wii U, esp. given the fact other parties refuse to support it?

17. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    There were some rumors of this new THPS game before. And I'm not gonna lie, by the pics in the Source, the game looks worst then I expected.

18. Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

Sep 17, 2012
    United States
    Ohio
    Tony Hawk skating series has always been some of my favorite games to play when I was younger.

19. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I hope that on PS4, they do what they did in the originals and include spiderman.

That was the greatest fucking thing ever when I was a kid.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  20. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    W00t w005 can't wait!