First Human-Pig Hybrid Created

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But seriously, why wouldn't they let it grow more, for science?
because....
willowpig.gif

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh, why does it have to be a pig?
*breaths in deeply* Because despite how fundamentally different a human is from a pig the truth is that there are also many biological systems in a pig that match our own. Even to the point where you can do a medical experiment on a pig with a high chance of success when taking the same method unmodified and applying it to a human. The idea is that if you can splice a pig with a human you can create better and longer lasting organs to transplant. Did you know that a human heart can have a valve replaced with that of a pigs and it can last for up to 17 years? Mix some human DNA in there and maybe you can have less chance of rejection and a longer lasting transplant. That's about it.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was foolish to terminate it, especially since I'm sure it was some dogmatic and abject form of ethics which fueled the decision.
First time I saw a law being called a "dogmatic and abject form of ethics" :rofl:

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
*breaths in deeply* Because despite how fundamentally different a human is from a pig the truth is that there are also many biological systems in a pig that match our own. Even to the point where you can do a medical experiment on a pig with a high chance of success when taking the same method unmodified and applying it to a human. The idea is that if you can splice a pig with a human you can create better and longer lasting organs to transplant. Did you know that a human heart can have a valve replaced with that of a pigs and it can last for up to 17 years? Mix some human DNA in there and maybe you can have less chance of rejection and a longer lasting transplant. That's about it.
So you're saying the secret to immortality is to become pig people?

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ooh, don't even get me started on "laws" and how the maxims behind many of them directly conflict with not only general human ethics but other laws as well. I swear, we'd be here all week!
Yea, but on-topic, that law is years old. They autorized hybrid manipulation but all subjects had to be terminated after some weeks.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying the secret to immortality is to become pig people?
Probably not considering we'll be able to produce most of these things in a lab without the hybrids and extend our lives using other means in the decade to come but I'm sure the hybrids have other purposes. To be honest though I'm 100% sure this is just the first *legal* hybrid created. I've heard of similar experiments done quietly years before they legalized them.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Yea, but on-topic, that law is years old. They autorized hybrid manipulation but all subjects had to be terminated after some weeks.
I understand; the decision isn't being made independently by the researchers conducting the experiment but by national legislation. Even so, I find it highly regrettable.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About how much human will be added to them in the end?Will actual hybrids who are human level intelligent and look even a little like humans be a slave/organ growing species?I think this could possibly end up going somewhere bad.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the comments of pigmen I can't help but remember a famous cartoon released around the time inoculation of smallpox happened via cowpox
https://ivc.lib.rochester.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/gillray.jpg

Sigh, why does it have to be a pig?
The article covers this. They are similar enough to humans (pig parts have been used for many years already), have a fast enough gestation and growth period and are cheap.
I mainly looked for a history of the subject to link but it also nicely includes a table on why pigs might do better than baboons
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3246856/#sec1_12title
Why the hell are they doing this again? Just because they can? Sorry, but people shouldn't play god, it's like Jurassic Park and we all know how well that ended XD
Just because is a fine reason. As for turning out then with a good film and a bad film franchise, at least until the sort of reboot which was sort of OK. An acceptable outcome if viable organs become more readily available.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why the hell are they doing this again? Just because they can? Sorry, but people shouldn't play god, it's like Jurassic Park and we all know how well that ended XD

If people didn't play "God" then life saving surgeries would be unethical.
Repairing small birth defects would be unethical.
Administering drugs so that people can function and live would be unethical.

Sometimes playing "God" is necessary.
Otherwise you'd be thrown back to before medieval times where people would just let you to rot in a ditch.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, why again do they take one of the most intelligent species on the planet and combine it with one of the least intelligent species? Don't you think pigs would be disgusted by being infected with human genes?
It's for organ harvesting. Imagine not having to wait for transplants, especially of compatible varieties that are rare

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people didn't play "God" then life saving surgeries would be unethical.
Repairing small birth defects would be unethical.
Administering drugs so that people can function and live would be unethical.

Sometimes playing "God" is necessary.
Otherwise you'd be thrown back to before medieval times where people would just let you to rot in a ditch.

I was tired when I posted that, sorry, I redact what I said :( Sorry... >.>

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi