First 50 minutes of Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States

Adding to the list of goodies revealed at this year's Gamescom, is a video showcasing the first 50 minutes of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV. Potential spoiler warning for the beginning of the game's story. This video shows off both cutscenes and multiple forms of gameplay.

2. FrozenIndignation

FrozenIndignation Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad

GBAtemp Patron
    FrozenIndignation is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 10, 2010
    Antarctica
    Wherever Yakity sax plays
    Judging by the buttons changing I guess some of that footage is PS4 and some is xbone.

Clever little SE.

DKB and Chary like this.
  3. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    Highway Simulator 2016

Last edited by Deboog, Aug 17, 2016
    codezer0, ov3rkill and Chary like this.
  4. rt141

rt141 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2011
    United States
    Once again SE manages to out-do themselves visually. While FFXIII was a mess in some aspects, it had jaw dropping art direction and visuals. It seems the second can also be said of this one.
    Really looking forward to it

5. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Is it bad that I've read "50 Shades of Final Fantasy" while I was looking for new content?

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Some have questioned the issues caused with film trailers getting as long as they are and first ?? minutes things for films only doing worse. In games others have questioned what goes when people see let's plays and subsequently feel less compelled to play the game. I wonder if something similar would apply with game footage of this length.

chartube12 likes this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Seems like it COULD look good, if they bring it to PC. As-is, 30 FPS and low-res textures, with regular hitching below even that. Seems engaging enough otherwise. I'd be interested in buying, once again, IF it comes to PC.

8. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    And watch it release with unconfigurable controls, a locked resolution choice and a 30fps lock, because square enix, much like so many Japanese developers, absolutely despise the PC platform.

9. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    That's been consistently true in the past, but recently not so much. Dark Souls 2/3 being obvious examples, I can run those in 4K@60FPS. The floodgates for JRPGs on to Steam have been opened, and SE has basically every other FF game on there already.

10. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    The original FF13 PC port was like that, but IIRC SE's ports have been increasing in quality. The FFX remake port seems pretty decent.

11. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    It's too bad that ff x was so insultingly bad to begin with. But seriously, with everything going on for the PC platform, and the advances in hardware and software, and especially with choices like directx 12 and vulkan, there is no excuse for these shitty port jobs.

Annoyingly, Japanese developers are still consistently the worst offenders of this. And that is going to take some broad, sweeping changes in their mindset before I can buy a PC release from a Japanese company without hesitation.