Hacking Firmware Updater 4.0

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you install this, do you agree then with ninty's new terms of service, or are you actually still under the ones from 3.2?

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
ddp127 said:
if you install this, do you agree then with ninty's new terms of service, or are you actually still under the ones from 3.2?
It will install the new v4.0X, it will only patch the IOS to be Trucha-enabled. So this means you're probably under the new terms of service.

yadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my modded 3.4E using this. First time I got an error (probably a problem due to the amount of people updating). Tried again and everything installed fine. Now comes up with 4.0E and the SD Menu is available. Quick test and everything seems to be ok. HBC loads, as does Geckos. Tried everything I use a lot, some games, wiiware, ScummVM etc and all fine. Only problem I have are that I now have duplicated weather and news channels. Tried running the duplicate channel remover and it comes up with 'this is not a wii app' or something similar. However it is v1 I'm using so an update to that may work (I believe there is a v2).

Also my PAL Madworld still has to be run using Geckos, I still get a black screen if using the game channel.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
keyra said:
don't think so since it works under backuplauncher
btw i'm modchipped
Backup Launcher runs ALL the games under cIOS. That's why some games gave you the 001 and 002 errors before. That means that you may not have those IOS.

--EDIT--
100th post! WOOT! =3

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
added the 3 ios again and same thing it asks for update on disk channel
i'll stick with backup launcher but i'd rather knew if other people have this error

edit : i took the risk to update and all it did was "probably" reinstall the ioses cuz i'm still on 4.0 and no problems at all

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, from what I see most homebrew and launchers will work fine. But does this let me launch my WAD installed channels from the SD card.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's safe for someone with no preloader, cioscorp, etc... who launch games through BackupLauncher using IOS249? And the WadManager still funtional?

K

Kurisuellegarden

You know what'd be a bitch? If they removed the 3.2 firmware files off of their servers during the middle of today... so then, the people who are updating and installing preloader...are screwed. xD Now that I think about it, it's kind of strange that they haven't removed previous versions after they make the newer version. v.v

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a report. I upped my 3.2E cioscorped wii with this tool, and everything except having backups show up by default in disc channel work. For example do MadWorld backup run from geckoos, and a whole lot of wiiscrubbed and other trucha:d content. With wani's menupatcher do also most backups launch from disc channel. Also, installing cMIOS works like a charm.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I'm thinking of doing this.

I have a Wiikey v1 and am at 3.2E.

I have set my Video mode to NTSC (only the video mode) with AnyRegion Changer and blocked updates with Starfall.

Should I remove both or any of them before I update?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This sounds pretty good. I'll give it a go this afternoon just to check out 4.0U. I'll probably revert to 3.2U until cIOSCORP is updated for IOS 60/61, or until Waninkoko makes the Firmware Updater 4.0 include his backup launching DIP on those IOS's, but I doubt that will happen.

Who's responsible for cIOSCORP? Have they said anything about planning to update cIOSCORP to include 4.0?

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic4Ever said:
I'd like to know if it is possible to install WAD files after this update. Pretty.
This updater uses the Trucha Bug on the IOS from v4.0X, so yes, you can install WADs.
And even if you use the 'normal' update, you can't still install them if you have a cIOS installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay