Hacking Firmware Updater 4.0

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice !
And very fast aswell.

One thing remains. I wonder if it's possible to patch the dip module in the new ios'. I would really like to have cioscorp 4.0
wink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice way to get the sd card functionality. But it will only be for legal vc/wiiware
if you move a pirated one to sd, it won't run and you can't move it back to nand

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can we choose the apps we want to install?
If I just want to install some IOSes, the new Photo Channel and the new Shop, can I use this app?

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not so bothered about using pirated WADs for VC and WiiWare. I just want to update and continue to use my emulators...I hope this is possible.
smile.gif

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Dr Eggman said:
So, if I'm not mistaken, this will only update the sysmenu wad, IOS60, 61 and the new shop.

If cIOSCORP is already installed i think this wouldnt overwrite it.
Only problem: No starfall or Preloader, thus no brick-protection.

System Menu with Disc Channel from 4.0 reads DVD with IOS60 and as CIOSCORP did not patch IOS60, it will not load DVD with disc menu.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr Eggman said:
So, if I'm not mistaken, this will only update the sysmenu wad, IOS60, 61 and the new shop.

If cIOSCORP is already installed i think this wouldnt overwrite it.
Only problem: No starfall or Preloader, thus no brick-protection.

If only the new IOS' are installed (and patched) you are correct.
If it installs all IOS', then cIOSCORP is lost and you might corrupt the newly installed IOS'.

Also, disc channel loading won't work as the dip module will not be patched into the new systemmenu IOS60.
Well, that depends on the patching it does, but I don't think waninkoko has incorparated this.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I was just thinking it would be cool to have such kind of application
basically, this is like the IOS61/Shop installer with System menu/IOS60 added

what could be even cooler would be to have a menu with the ability to list ALL the stuff that can be downloaded from NUS servers (system menu, channels & IOS) , to download them and to apply (patchmii style) any kind of available patches: IOS patches (to allow the signature back again, read from DVD-R, access File System, remove version check, etc...) but also System Menu patches (to re-allow TP hack,etc)

this way you could basically setup your Wii as you want to and keep your system up-to-date... maybe with some pre-configured setup for less advanced users

off course, this would require advanced hackers to analyse the System Menu has they are released (as well as newer IOS versions that could use unknown methods) to find what and where to apply patches

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if you want to try System Menu 4.0, this is the safest way. IOS60 is Trucha-Patched, and that means you CAN install cIOS AFTER the update. In other words, even if you install v4.0X with this and didn't have a cIOS installed, you can install it after, meaning, you can then downgrade with Waninkoko's tools.
At least, that's what I got from Waninkoko.
tongue.gif

--EDIT:--
I'm getting back to v3.2E now, but once cIOSCORP is updated then v4.0X will 'probably' be the new v3.2X. After all, it will have Trucha bugs, cIOSCORP and all the new features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo