Hacking Firmware Updater 4.0

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
Who's responsible for cIOSCORP? Have they said anything about planning to update cIOSCORP to include 4.0?
Nobody is responsible. It's just the IOS with a patch that everyone "could" make. The last time it was AFIAK Wiiblaster

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have something that someone should test. If no one wants to, I'll do it myself tonight.

Here's the deal. Do the 4.0 installation, then install preloader. Then, try having it load into CrazyIntro (make sure you have it properly configed with Preloader or this won't work!). CrazyIntro uses the return to menu feature, meaning that it should be able to reload the menu after playing your movie EVEN IF PRELOADER CAN'T FIND YOUR MENU!

In other words, if you can't load the system menu in Preloader when chosing "System Menu," you'll still be able to load the system menu using this menu. If you have it load into the CrazyIntro DOL on boot... you Wii should act like it did on 3.2X

If this works, we can have a 4.0 Wii with brick protection!
biggrin.gif
I won't be surprised if the menu hacks don't work though.

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys you have to read this

I updated my Wii to System Menu 4.0 yeah I know what a dumb but thats not the point the point is that I can still play backups on my Wii!!

Ok I was in 3.2 (NTSC) with softmii 2.1.1 instaled and preloader 28 installed I update my Wii to 4.0 and guess what? everything was there (Homebrew Channel, Twilight Hack, Custom Channels, etc) so I decided to do softmii process again but I was thinking that I wont like to loss the SD CARD Support so I decided to not run any region changer to downgrade so I installed IOS16.wad with wad manager then CIOS rev8 and then cioscorp and then mios patcher 2.0 from wiigator (the newer one) I havent tried to install preloader I just run hack remover and it remove the hacks.ini successful. Well after all that I put Capcom vs Tatsunoko But in the disc channel it said that the disc can be read but I run it from the gamma loader with force to ntsc and forcing the language to Japanese and it work perfectly. then I tried a multigame NGC disc that I made and nothing from disc channel but work from the launcher. And this is all that I have done so far. Will be reporting more

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Modified trucha sign discs don't work, I have a modchip. So basically the trucha bug in the system menu itself is not there, like it was in system 3.2. Other than that, wad installing still works. Update seems kind of pointless since it is still impossible to run installed wads off the sd card. The only way it will run off the sd is if you have the channel on the Wii menu and on the SD card. If you uninstall the channel via Wad Manager or delete it from the system menu through the settings, the channel will fail to launch from the SD card.

jester2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mk123a said:
The only way it will run off the sd is if you have the channel on the Wii menu and on the SD card. If you uninstall the channel via Wad Manager or delete it from the system menu through the settings, the channel will fail to launch from the SD card.

All i done was install wads the usual way and the in the data management/channel screen, click on a channel on the wii and select move. Its then moves it to the sd card and is not on the wii menu anymore. They launch fine from the sd card menu. It that what you meant ???

yadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick update. The duplicate channels that appeared after the 4.0E update were removed succesfully with AnyTitleDeleterMODv4. Moving a channel from the wii to sd card and it works fine if I have downloaded it from the wii shop. However if I move a channel from the wii to sd that I have installed using WAD_Manager_v1.3 it refuses to load.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
Hey guys, I have something that someone should test. If no one wants to, I'll do it myself tonight.

Here's the deal. Do the 4.0 installation, then install preloader. Then, try having it load into CrazyIntro (make sure you have it properly configed with Preloader or this won't work!). CrazyIntro uses the return to menu feature, meaning that it should be able to reload the menu after playing your movie EVEN IF PRELOADER CAN'T FIND YOUR MENU!

In other words, if you can't load the system menu in Preloader when chosing "System Menu," you'll still be able to load the system menu using this menu. If you have it load into the CrazyIntro DOL on boot... you Wii should act like it did on 3.2X

If this works, we can have a 4.0 Wii with brick protection!
biggrin.gif
I won't be surprised if the menu hacks don't work though.
lol No one seems to care
unsure.gif
. Oh well, I'll try it myself tonight. If it works, I'll post a new topic with a tutorial. If it doesn't work, I won't mention it.

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
how many times are people going to post about the VC / Wiiware not working from the SD!!? .. ffs read!! install the custom IOS60 and they work fine .. stop posting crap!!!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a launcher that patches IOS60 before hand, and there is waninko's... I can't say they are identical, but they basically do the same thing which is just reintroduce the trucha signing bug. For all intents and purposes they are the same thing.

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
has anyone powered down in the middle of the download stage?

my internet went off downloading photochannel 1.1 and seems to be stalled

stupid thing should try to conenct but doesnt look like waninkoko though of this

i had preloader installed and am assumign since its ownly downloaded ios's so far that it hanst over written system menu yet? or am i wrong? i
dont want to reboot yet just incase ther eis a chance of it starting to work again

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OriginalHamster said:
It's safe for someone with no preloader, cioscorp, etc... who launch games through BackupLauncher using IOS249? And the WadManager still funtional?
Backup Launcher is based on GeckoOS, so it blocks every update from discs...

don't know via disc channel...

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
There is a launcher that patches IOS60 before hand, and there is waninko's... I can't say they are identical, but they basically do the same thing which is just reintroduce the trucha signing bug. For all intents and purposes they are the same thing.
Hrmmm... I'm not entirely sure about this. I just used Waninoko's Firmware Updater 4.0 (with cIOS rev8 installed), but I can't launch custom VC games from the SD card. My real VC games work just fine, but I get a "Failed to Launch" error when trying to launch a custom VC game that was deleted from the NAND. Course I can still install custom WADs, so I don't know what the deal is.

Anyone had this problem?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying 4.0 out a bit and for the most parts, it works fine.

3 things are bugging me thou:

1. I can't seem to use my USB network adapter for wired connection anymore. Wireless works fine.
2. Everybody Votes channel now wants me to activate WiiConnect24. I don't think it did before.
3. As soon as I insert a game disc that has been trucha signed, I get a error message and have to restart. If I launch SoftChip and THEN insert any trucha signed disc, it works fine.

Is there anything I can do to fix these problems, or did I do something wrong with the installer?

I have a Wiikey v1, that shouldn't pose any conflicts right?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mk123a said:
So basically the trucha bug in the system menu itself is not there, like it was in system 3.2.

the trucha bug was not in the system menu, it was in the IOS it uses, until that was updated, it was still there, if it is patched back in, then bam, it is there, it is not menu-dependent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head