Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I like this thread Pong, nice little way to deal with newbies, and you give information on the updates that are out. One question however, is the TTDSi team dead? Did they ever release an update for the latest version of DSi?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I like this thread Pong, nice little way to deal with newbies, and you give information on the updates that are out. One question however, is the TTDSi team dead? Did they ever release an update for the latest version of DSi?

DSTTi is very dead
there updates havnt happened in forever
im sure other members will argue
but im classifying not working for 8 months its not going to happen

id revive something if it gets one

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder why Cyclops Team stoped suporting iEvo.
Their flashcard would probably be one of the few that could bypass this update.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder why Cyclops Team stoped suporting iEvo.
Their flashcard would probably be one of the few that could bypass this update.

The ievo has save emulation. So they theoretically already have bypassed this update even before the 3DS was released.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

DSTTi is very dead
there updates havnt happened in forever
im sure other members will argue
but im classifying not working for 8 months its not going to happen

id revive something if it gets one
Ah, thanks! Guess my sister needs a knew Flashcart...

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The R4i-SDHC video looks completely fake to me.
Why? They doesn't show their header icon because it's the DEMO. They released the video before r4ids.cn came up with the update and they don't want to show Nintendo the gap. The video of r4ids.cn didn't show the icon, too.

However, r4ids.cn has released the patch.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i-SDHC video looks completely fake to me.
Why? They doesn't show their header icon because it's the DEMO. They released the video before r4ids.cn came up with the update and they don't want to show Nintendo the gap. The video of r4ids.cn didn't show the icon, too.
The fact that the video jumps means something to me.

Reactions: 1 person

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

More precisely, the fact that the 3ds is off at 0:30 and then it is magically on at 0:32 without him pressing the power button means a lot to me.

More precisely, the fact that the 3ds screen is off at 0:30 and then it is suddenly on at 0:32 without any transition effect like fading or the usual delay for the SD content to be read when the menu appears.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

More precisely, the fact that the 3ds is off at 0:30 and then it is magically on at 0:32 without him pressing the power button means a lot to me.
The 3DS isn't off at 0:30. The system needs some seconds to exit the system settings. After that, there is a cut to look wether the icon is hidden or not.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 3DS isn't off at 0:30. The system needs some seconds to exit the system settings. After that, there is a cut to look wether the icon is hidden or not.

Fixed that:

More precisely, the fact that the 3ds screen is off at 0:30 and then it is suddenly on at 0:32 without any transition effect like fading or the usual delay for the SD content to be read when the menu appears.

I suppose your theory does hold credit though, but I still think it's more likely to be fake because it's been proven their flashcard is blocked. And if the cut was to hide the icon, why not make a second shot so a cut would not be necessary? It's just a 1 minute video...

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
So I just noticed that my R4i Gold revision C shows up as "HW:R4i Gold 3DSb" in the Wood help menu, and I wondered if anyone knew what this means? I found a small picture online:-
r4igoldver.jpg

Do the 9, A and B revisions say the same thing in the Wood help menu, or only C?
I also noticed that the C revision has an extra chip compared to the earlier 9, A, B revisions, so wondered if perhaps its better prepared for a possible future Nintendo update?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
So I just noticed that my R4i Gold revision C shows up as "HW:R4i Gold 3DSb" in the Wood help menu, and I wondered if anyone knew what this means? I found a small picture online:-
r4igoldver.jpg

Do the 9, A and B revisions say the same thing in the Wood help menu, or only C?
I also noticed that the C revision has an extra chip compared to the earlier 9, A, B revisions, so wondered if perhaps its better prepared for a possible future Nintendo update?

that number has nothing to do with the cart hardware number
the number/letter on the cart itself is the revision

IIRC
Wood can detect hardware to let it know if it is allowed to run (its the method YWG uses to stop other cards using it)
the B is there purely as versions of R4i Gold 3DS 5-8 where coded with A , and 9-C where B
because of the main chip changed there had to be a flag added just so Wood Firmware knows there both compatible
but its like a file on the computer, cant have two files named the same in same folder

Unlikely to hear from teams and updates from cards in china due to it is now the Chinese Moon Festival
majority of places are on holiday from 29th September till October 6th
so if you are emailing a team about updates don't expect replies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...