making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I just got my 3ds yesterday and i bought an r4i tt purple card ( the old one with a silver screw)..... i wanted to know if my card works with the latest firmware 4.2.09 ? I also wanted to know that when i update the kernel of the flash cart ... will my 3ds firmware also update? Plus can someone with the same card be kind enough to explain me which file should i download from the r4i tt site under the firmware section! Ooh and my 3ds is on 2.1.0-4u firmware right now!

well read the first post before you post blindly

then you will see if compatible

then just go to your cards website (which is listed on the front page)

Firmware is for Console Compatibility
Kernel is for Game Compatibility

your cards website tell you everything

Thanks for the quick reply!
Actually i did do all the things you listed above before posting!
The thing is on the site of the card it says that my purple card with the silver screw and the black card is compatible with only 4.1.08 firmware and their newer variant, the purple card without screw is compatible with 4.2.09 , But i saw a video on youtube which shows that the black card works perfectly on 4.2.09 without any new update! Thats why i wanted to confirm whether my purple card(with the screw) would also work with the latest firmware!

edit reason: forgot to thank for quick reply :P

ok

the front page did say tho
R4iTT Purple / Black (r4itt.net)- if worked on 4.1.0-8 no newer update required
R4iTT Purple - New Sticker (r4itt.net) - 4.2.0-9 Update

ritvik93

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

I just got my 3ds yesterday and i bought an r4i tt purple card ( the old one with a silver screw)..... i wanted to know if my card works with the latest firmware 4.2.09 ? I also wanted to know that when i update the kernel of the flash cart ... will my 3ds firmware also update? Plus can someone with the same card be kind enough to explain me which file should i download from the r4i tt site under the firmware section! Ooh and my 3ds is on 2.1.0-4u firmware right now!

The thing is on the site of the card it says that my purple card with the silver screw and the black card is compatible with only 4.1.08 firmware and their newer variant, the purple card without screw is compatible with 4.2.09 , But i saw a video on youtube which shows that the black card works perfectly on 4.2.09 without any new update! Thats why i wanted to confirm whether my purple card(with the screw) would also work with the latest firmware!

ok

ok now that i missed :P.... so this means that i can ugrade my 3ds to 4.2.09 after updating my card right ? woohoo! Thanks for being patient! Noobs like me tend to be a little scared when updating for the first time :P

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi guys,

ok

ok now that i missed :P.... so this means that i can ugrade my 3ds to 4.2.09 after updating my card right ? woohoo! Thanks for being patient! Noobs like me tend to be a little scared when updating for the first time :P

yes once card all up to date then you can use the latest 4.2.0-9
and still play your ds backups
yea
the warning can cause bricked cards scares alot of people
but its like with anything, just covering just in case, long as you dont power off during an update you shouldnt have a problem

ive updated so many cards so many times, just becomes a common thing to do

always handy to keep an older console around for updating purposes
then you dont have to worry if you card is ever blocked as you cant block it on a DSPhat or a DSLite

Reactions: 1 person

ritvik93

Trophies
XP
Country
India
yes once card all up to date then you can use the latest 4.2.0-9
and still play your ds backups
yea
the warning can cause bricked cards scares alot of people
but its like with anything, just covering just in case, long as you dont power off during an update you shouldnt have a problem

ive updated so many cards so many times, just becomes a common thing to do

always handy to keep an older console around for updating purposes
then you dont have to worry if you card is ever blocked as you cant block it on a DSPhat or a DSLite

ya you're absolutely right... but the thing is i dont have another ds.... plus all my friends are sony fanboys and have ps vita's :/ .........thats why im being extra cautious.....heck i'm gonna update it today xD.... hope my 3ds being on version 2.1.0-4u isnt a problem :P !

gghosts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for being a n00b, but:
I just bought my 3DS running 4.2.0, and my EZ Flash Vi card just arrived. I understand that the card is blocked as of now, so do I just have to wait for a firmware update to update my card via another DS/lite, or do you recommend me returning my EZ Flash and buying a flashcard that's currently working on the 3DS running 4.2.0?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for being a n00b, but:
I just bought my 3DS running 4.2.0, and my EZ Flash Vi card just arrived. I understand that the card is blocked as of now, so do I just have to wait for a firmware update to update my card via another DS/lite, or do you recommend me returning my EZ Flash and buying a flashcard that's currently working on the 3DS running 4.2.0?
Well, I'd personally recommend getting a Supercard DStwo if you picked EZ Flash Vi for some of the special features (and returning EZ Flash Vi). If you want to save some money, the Wood compatible flashcarts have had the best track record for the low-end carts having updates or avoiding blocks, with 3DS system firmware updates.

For further comparison information please see:
http://gbatemp.net/t...t-should-i-get/

If you're interested in the "Wood Compatible R4i DSN" or "R4i Gold" which gets the updates, keep in mind that there are a lot of similar flash carts that don't get the same support. So verify the URL printed on the product packaging with the first post in this Firmware Update thread, before your order.

Best way to avoid getting the wrong type of "R4i" card (expecting to get Wood compatible) in my opinion is to just get a Supercard DStwo, since the Supercard team is great about updates and it's worth supporting their somewhat higher price compared to EZ Flash Vi, for example.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@[member='Pong20302000']

Time to change Acekard 2i (HW81)
from blocked to working and put the update link:
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds42_dsi144.zip

Reactions: 2 people

imezru2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When updating your Acekard 2i, be careful and follow the readme, make sure to hit start at the end as well, made one of mine unreadable.

mudbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds that i never updated and is on 2.20 my R4i Gold 3DS from www.r4ids.cn currently works fine on the system. I want to get my son Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis. Do i need to do anything to the card prior to updating the firmware? When in the 3DS menu i see the Dorasu(halo icon), im not sure if it had been updated to the appropriate level it needs to be to play these newer games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.nickalive.net/2024/05/peter-bennett-long-time-art-director-on.html?m=1 sad