Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay... I've asked this on several forums before and NO ONE could really help me, so I'm trying it here...

First of all, I'm using a M3DSReal Card with a 16GB SDHC Card. My SD Card is formated correctly, my folder structure is correct too. Everything is the way it should be but... I can't use the original Firmware! I mean I CAN use it, but every time I start a game both screens stay black.
The only firmware that actually works is a hybrid build of an old Sakura build + M3Real firmware... but it's old and there's no update no nothing... So what the hell am I doing wroing?
It seems that Sakura itself is the only thing that makes anything work... >.

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
hmm try to remove everything on your microsd except the system folders and such
i remember once when i had lot of demos on my card it woulnt boot because 1 of the demos wa corrupted
so when i deleted all the demos it worked fine so maybe you got a corrupt rom or somethig like that on you microsd

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It does... And if it was a fake card I'd have found my work around already, but it's a normal M3 Real + GBA/Ram pack. Fact ist that an OLD firmware version runs ALL games without any problem. But the new ones won't run on it.
But the newest version of M3 Sakura or whatever I tried else does only run 'small' games. But it doesn't make any difference if I have my roms trimmed or not.
And then... sometimes Sakura itself boots, sometimes it doesn't while Touchpod always boots. Everything works, GBA Games, homebrew applications... Only my NDS games don't, they show 2 black or white screens. Whatever firmware I try, except the old version off course.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How recently did you get your M3? Could it be a newer fake?

Or maybe it's your SD card - maybe it worked marginally well enough for older versions, but not quite enough for the newer firmware... I know from experience that the M3 is kinda touchy about what cards work with it.

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you tried backing up your saves and formatting the micro SD, then get a fresh copy of each rom you had(if you kept the achieve of the rom on your computer) as well as the firmware. Replacing the rom helps with the majority of black or white screens on load.

Styles420 raises a good point try using another micro SD if you have a spare and see how that goes.

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well been using a 4GB Sandisk MicroSD in the first place. It wasn't any better back then, same with 8GB and now my 16GB Card - all the same. If I use any other firmware than the one I found somewhere it definitely won't work on any NDS game. Q_Q
But everything else works. I've tried every single Firmware from 3.9-4.3, tried different builds of Sakura, including the new one, and some double or triple boot systems... Nooothing. The one I am using should be a version of 3.9, alltogether with an older Sakura build, and a M3Sakura.nds file. (It only boots touchpod, and it is not possible to start Sakura at all, if I try it tells me I should check my card... Q_Q) I think it should have been able to be started. oO*
The Diskcheck of Sakura works but... my japanese is quite... bad? x)

Oh yeah and I formated my SD Card a thousand times yesterday. Trying different FAT32 formats and stuff. Seems that 64kb is the fastes way for anything on my card to load. (works perfectly with my old firmware thingy xD) And if it's really the SD Card then why is there one out that works PERFECTLY? Q_Q I dunno where I grabbed mine, jsut found it somewhere via google, I was so happy when it finally worked... >.< Sometimes I have to patch some roms because I can only upgrade my cheat db but otherwise it's okay... But I'd still like to use the new Sakura Q_Q

Plus my M3 is definitely no fake.
wink.gif
I've checked that in the first place, reading some posts about it. ^^
I always thought Sandisk was a good choice for SDHC card, in fact my M3 CAME with a 4GB Sandisk SDHC card... Think I'll test a no name 1GB SD and a 2GB Hama SD tonight... Would surprise me if it worked. I mean... I got FFCC to work yesterday with the newest sakura version... but only for once Q_Q And me being an idiot, I didn't keep my roms on my PC...

I wonder if there's a tool or something to 'clean' roms for usage first? oO*

Anyway thank you all so far.
biggrin.gif

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I can offer my little input.

1)Try the paper shim trick - I KNOW this sounds stupid as Touchpod always loads, and I have no idea why Sakura is more problematic but this has worked for me - I now put 3 layers of insulating electrical tape behind the contacts on the card (you can get to the back of the board by releasing the 3 clips).

2) Is one of the L or R buttons stuck in - thi kills Sakura, but not touchpod.

I still think No1 is the fav!

Hope it helps

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All righty... Thank you guys, been trying all and everything now, even the sd formater, nothing... -.-"
Guess I'll just have to get a new M3 Module sometime and hope that it works better. It doesn't matter which SD card I use btw... It's always the same...
For now I'll stick with the more complicated way of patching some roms for them to work with my old firmware. >.

GripFx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow finally someone else who has issues with the new sakura firmware...
My problem is more or less the same. The only thing is Sakura does not boot at all, all i get is the M3 DS Real icon at the bottom left then two black screens. the only firmware that does work is the isakureal 1.33 which i'm still forced to use until now.
I understand your confusion.

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sakura 1.35 IS loading... without any trouble, every damn firmware loads more or less, it works too, so far, only can't play NDS games, except the old hybrid firmware I'm using. I can even play all the new games with it thanks to the cheat.db fixes, only FFCC EoT has to be patched with DSATM or it won't work at all.

But I think I found the reason... It seems that there are even fakes out, which have the www.m3adapter.com" label on it. The only difference to the original M3 is the missing software CD and thedifferent T-Flash USB Stick... ~.~°

Because I've tried EVERYTHING, formated my Card a thousand times, even tried the paper trick. (made the card more robust imho but that wasn't the reason why none of the firmwares except the one I'm using loads NDS games) Maybe I should have noticed it earlier, because I can only use the Moonshell Player.nds for the NinjaDS Card, any other Moonshell Player.nds file won't load Moonshell at all... x.x

I thought my card was the original, as it had the correct label on it, but I can't remember the packaging and I'm far to lazy to go down to the basement and check it back... I just oredered a new M3 Real Card at the Flashlinkershop where I got my GBA Extensionpack too. (I got my first M3 form an austrian Online Shop...)

Well the other possibillity would be that my M3 was broken, but I don't think so, as I can use everything as it should be with an old hybrid firmware... And I'm really fed up with copying, pasting, deleting, formating and trying right now... If the NEW M3 (whcih is 100percent original) won't work either I'm really done... ~.~

And if Sakura 1.35 won't load make sure that you formated your SD Card correctly before placing everything, including the new SYSTEM folder onto it again. (No quick-format!) Or use the SD formatter mentioned above, it just takes a lot of time on a 16GB SDHC Card... x)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
normally, you don't need to format your microsd, it's already ready to use out of the package...any microsd under 2gb will be FAT, and 4gb or more will be FAT32 and never needs a format no matter what...

try this:
delete the system folder from the microsd or rename it to another name, then Hold A and turn ON the DS
look at the bottom lower left sreen and there's a number that appears at the same time as the time M3REAL logo

do you see these?

[EN_V1.1_V2]

then

[LANGUAGE: ENGLISH]

No system file found !
Put system file in

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tested out the firmware you were using, when you put it onto your micro SD is the folder called "SYSTEM" or "M3DS Real"? I also notice it had the sakura files on it but does not boot in sakura.
Try going here
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
and test out other M3 REAL firmware versions. firmware 3.9b on that site should work as your current firmware is 3.9b

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The foldername should be SYSTEM, sorry, just renamed it because I had another SYSTEM folder on my desktop. ^^ Just wanted to mark the original one and forgot to re-rename it again.
wink.gif

I know that Sakura doesn't boot, it tells me it doesnÄ't support my cluster size, but that doesn't matter that much as the Touchpod version 3.9b loads my NDS games... but it's outdated...
I've tried every available version from v3.9 up to 4.3a whatever, even Sakura v1.34 / 1.35, they all boot, even Sakura does, but they won't play any NDS game, except the one I uploaded... That's what makes me mad...

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay I downloaded Touchpod 4.3 and overwrote the files you told me. Games still work perfect, but what exactly did I change now? ^^ Because it still says "loading" but not "game patch version 4.3a" everytime it showed "gamepatch version 4.3a" the games never loaded...

And what about the old 1.12+1 Sakura? Should I try to overwrite the msakura folder with it for it to boot? Because I'm pretty sure it won't even boot after that... The clustersize of my SD card is too huge for it. (using 64kbyte) That loads everything the fastest. (I've tried lots of clustersizes, even standard, but it didn't help with any firmware ^^) And for the one I CAN use 64kbyte seem to be just right. And then I'd only use Sakura if I could make the new one work... ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips. +1