Hacking Firmware Problem ~.~"

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuschel-Drow said:
Okay I downloaded Touchpod 4.3 and overwrote the files you told me. Games still work perfect, but what exactly did I change now? ^^ Because it still says "loading" but not "game patch version 4.3a" everytime it showed "gamepatch version 4.3a" the games never loaded...
those files you overwrite are for the game engine, support newer games, etc...

hmm..kinda confuse here, after you overwrite those files, the games load perfectly??? but if the "game patch version 4.3a" screen shows then your game never loads???
are you saying that sometimes the screen doesn't show and your games load fine, and sometimes that screen shows up and your game doesn't load???
it doesn't make sense tho

and Sakura only supports 32kb...or maybe 16kb (I forgot which one)

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sakura supports 32kbyte. I'd use 32kb FAT32 if I could use Sakura 1.35 anyway, but I can't so... At least the FW I CAN use loads faster that way.

And nope... If I use the complete 4.3a loader, it says "gamepatch version 4.3a" once I start a game, and then both screens stay white or black.
If I use my old working firmware, with the files you mentioned overwritten, it just says "loading", just like it did before overwriting the files, but the games STILL work the way they did before.

But well... I'd like to have the instant code function on my card aswell... It just drives me mad that there's only ONE firmware that I can use, and therefore I just ordered a new M3Real. (One of those with the SD slot on its side) Think it'll arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. I wonder if it will finally work then or not... :S I wouldn't be too surprized if it didn't... ~.~"

Maybe something's wrong with the card I already have or whatever... If the new one will do the same I definitely give up... >.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
replacing the menu.eng and minigame.eng you get from 4.3a will give u the instant codes function
and if you dont want the gamepatch version 4.3a to show up...delete the mini_load.bmp or replace the one from 4.3a with the one from 3.9b

if you can't load any version of Sakura on your m3real then mostly likely that it's a M3fake..since Sakura only runs on a real M3real

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
God am I stupid... Replaced the german files now as I'm using the German interface... and guess what? NDS Games do not load anymore. I tried adding the RTS function manually too, same thing here. Even in the english interface, same thing, no NDS game loads... Q_Q
Sakura does run, it boots, it works (except the version of the firmware I'm using xD) and it even runs Homebrew, just NO NDS game, just like every other firmware...

It's so confusing... >.< The modul itself looks liek a real M3, even has the clips and www.m3adapter.com on it, but the USB Stick for the SD cards looks like the one from the Fake M3's... I just can't remember if there was that NEW sign or the sticker or nothing on the package. I think it was the RTS thingie but I'm not sure about that...

Dialga.The.Maste

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try cleaning the MicroSD card and the M3 and reformat it using the SDFormatter then download the latest sakura,then try again.

P.S. If you are using the Side loading M3DS Real make sure it looks like This

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've done that a thousand times and I'm fed up with that piece of crap... Just ordered an new one, and yeah it looks like that.
smile.gif

It'll arrive tomorrow in the morning, so I'll see if it works then or not... No chance to get my old M3 Real running the way it should... ~.~"

KooLDiMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have exactly the same issue like Kuschel-Drow, where the FW version that runs well on both of my M3 Real (CP2 & CPE) is only up to v3.9 E29 (Europe-USA-Multi). newer FW just show a blank screen when boot-up the game on every ROMs, but i haven't give Sakura a try though. anyway, since it seems only a handful of people that have this problem, i wonder what's wrong then..
unsure.gif

edit:
whoops! sorry.. the culprit in my case is customized menu.eng font that i used for quite a while. just realized that i never replace that one + some skins during FW upgrades, so when its got overwrited.. boom! the problems gone. finally i can advanced to 4.2e E38
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference