Homebrew Firmware mod for dsi. Possible?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Question or statement?!!

Very few people actually have DSi's and I bet most of them are not coders or hackers. Not only that, As far a I know, nobody has even been able to dump the firmware, nevermind change any of it. I think it is likely to take quite a while to do this, maybe even as long as the first official firmware patch is released, so that hackers have something to work with, I might be wrong though.
Either way, be patient, if you so urgently need your imported DSi patched into english, you could always learn all the technical ins and outs of the system, figure out how to dump the firmware yourself, learn to read japanese, translate all the text in the dumped + decompressed/decrypted firmware, re-encrypt/compress it and find a way to re-flash it to the hardware without killing the console.

If you can't tell, it is a difficult task and just because you want it done, does not mean that anyone knows how/has to do it for you.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
edo906 said:
Hello guys, you never released a firmware mod for nintendo dsi to change the language? Thanks so much

Firstly why would GBAtemp release such a thing?

Secondly are you asking a question or making a statement, are you being sarcastic?

Thirdly *facepalms*

glare.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want the system to be in english, wait for the english console to come out and FYI, GBAtemp never actually releases anything. It just gets talked about on forums.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I think english is not his native tongue, so im gonna say he means:

"IS there a firmware patch to make the menu into english on gbatemp"

& the answer is...?

IMO maybe with a AK2i you can do some poking around if you find exploits that way or you can just use the AK2i menu, there you go its english now
tongue.gif

edo906

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fusion, thank you so much. My english is very bad, i'm italian and so i don't speak english very well. Thank you for the answer
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: