ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: ROM Hacking General Thread

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, after a lot of trial and error I finally managed to insert a new external file reference into a BCSAR. I need to try doing the same with bigger archives before I'm completely sure that the process works, but things look promising!

D

Deleted User

Question: Im Trying to install two different mods for FE:Fates but both have GameData.bin.lz's, one mod is for Kana supports S Ranks text to be different and one is to add an entire Paralouge.

If I used the Entire Paralouge GameData.bin.lz, will it also effect the Support Conversation mod? (Support conversation mod just changes text.. and the S rank text and whatnot. )

Last edited by ,

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe, but I only wanted to try with the fox hood-- maybe at a later time.
200_s.gif

i'm serious i want to know how to edit them, i love accesories

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please teach me how to edit the scripts for this game. Also, could you make another screenshot without the Chrom option?
If you're talking about the scripts used for events during maps and the like, then there's no real straightforward way to teach the process - it's all hex editing. If you check the main post, @DeathChaos25 posted some notes regarding the file format. I suggest starting there.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, quick update on the BCSAR editing. As it turns out, my process works for inserting a new song into a BCSAR, but only under really specific conditions. Essentially, I've figured out how to one more song into a BCSAR which only had one - if you try to add another one, the process doesn't work and the new song fails to play. Curiously enough, the original song broke as well, yet the second song still works correctly. I have no real explanation for this issue, to be honest.

At the moment, the only thing holding back BCSAR editing is the STRG blocks - specifically, the last four values of each block. At this point, I've concluded that these values are make or break for file insertion - if they are set up correctly, then everything should play without issue. If any value is out of place, then just about every thing in the file will break. Unfortunately, there is no real pattern to these values. I've compared blocks across just about every BCSAR file I can find, and yet there's simply nothing to go off of. It's honestly driving me a little crazy at this point - if we can figure out what those values mean, then editing any BCSAR should be possible. But until then, we're stuck with really small time edits.

If anyone wants to help me figure out what those values mean, that'd be great. I'm going to keep trying to find out what those values are used for, but right now I have absolutely no idea.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, quick update on the BCSAR editing. As it turns out, my process works for inserting a new song into a BCSAR, but only under really specific conditions. Essentially, I've figured out how to one more song into a BCSAR which only had one - if you try to add another one, the process doesn't work and the new song fails to play. Curiously enough, the original song broke as well, yet the second song still works correctly. I have no real explanation for this issue, to be honest.

At the moment, the only thing holding back BCSAR editing is the STRG blocks - specifically, the last four values of each block. At this point, I've concluded that these values are make or break for file insertion - if they are set up correctly, then everything should play without issue. If any value is out of place, then just about every thing in the file will break. Unfortunately, there is no real pattern to these values. I've compared blocks across just about every BCSAR file I can find, and yet there's simply nothing to go off of. It's honestly driving me a little crazy at this point - if we can figure out what those values mean, then editing any BCSAR should be possible. But until then, we're stuck with really small time edits.

If anyone wants to help me figure out what those values mean, that'd be great. I'm going to keep trying to find out what those values are used for, but right now I have absolutely no idea.

Is BCSAR also the format used for character voicebanks?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is BCSAR also the format used for character voicebanks?
Yes - it's used for all sounds in Fates, so if you want to do anything with sound editing you have to edit the BCSAR. Character voice banks are typically stored inside the archive itself, but you could use external file references for them as well (the DLCs only use external files). So the same method I'm using to insert new music could also be used for voices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Have fun at Psi's.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    We are VR Troopers lol
    +1
    Heyyyy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer