Fire Emblem Fates Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by CloudNguyen, Apr 20, 2017.

1. CloudNguyen
    OP

CloudNguyen Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Gambia, The
    So I downloaded Fire Emblem Fates (EUR) using the free shop. After playing for a while I reached chapter 7. Now the game forces me to connect to the Internet to download some content. My 3DS keeps on declining since it has CFW on it. Any idea on how to fix it?

2. Alternis

Alternis Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Swaziland
    I don't understand, a CFW should not prevent you from connecting to the internet. Which one are you using?

3. CloudNguyen
    OP

CloudNguyen Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Oh my bad let me explain again. So .. like I said before I downloaded the game off the free shop. Now that I have reached chapter 7 in the game it keeps saying 'connect to the internet to download certain content' obviously I press yes .. now a new window pops up and says that I need to update that system to download the content. Since I have CFW installed and can't upgrade the system to the latest system version, is there a way to bypass it? BTW I'm on 11.1.0-34E and I have arm9loaderhax installed.

@Alternis there is no problem with connecting to the internet. I expressed myself the wrong way.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I downloaded Fire Emblem Fates EUR Version .. is it possible to download games from other regions too?

Last edited by CloudNguyen, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Roythekids5

Roythekids5 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2016
    Mexico
    That's because the Freeshop versión just make you select the versión you want but not the entire game; just download the Special Version on that iso site

5. starburst

starburst Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    I also faced this problem yesterday, and I too thought that I was doing something wrong, but the European version of Fire Emblem: Fates available through freeShop [000400000017a400] only lets one play the first six chapters of the game (up until choosing a path.) It is odd, however, that this version is not significantly smaller in size than the (complete) European Special Edition [000400000017A800]; therefore, it might be 'locked' and not 'incomplete', but I had to install a different version (and replay all six chapters) to continue playing.

Last edited by starburst, Apr 30, 2017
  6. vinstage

vinstage ヴィンフル

Jan 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    You can update your system... you have to update your CFW with LumaUpdater first until it's on the latest version then it's safe to update your system.
    This can give your access to the features requiring internet such as eShop (I personally use to check new games and then go onto freeShop).

Last edited by vinstage, May 1, 2017
  7. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Provided you have A9LH and Luma installed, there's zero reason you can't update. As @vinstage said, update Luma with LumaUpdater, make sure your other CIAs are updated if you care about those, then you can safely update. You might want to update A9LH if you haven't in a while, as well, but it's not really necessary.

8. LinkKajama
    This message by LinkKajama has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 6, 2017, Reason: Link to warez.
    May 6, 2017
  9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Again, do not link to warez. It's against the rules.