ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Wijetron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give a step by step method on how I can edit the character models to do this. I just want Xander, Leon and Camilla to use their unique models as a Hero, Sorceror and Berserker respectively. Additionally, how do I edit the game so that Yato and all its variants have a special ranged animation like Raijinto and Siegfried?

Both require rom-hacking, and are unrelated to this particular mod. I recommend you ask either here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-rom-hacking-general-thread.434509/

Or in the Discord server (which is more active TBH):
https://discord.gg/ePGj3BX

RavenKat

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you tell me what mods you want on the GameData, I can patch it and send the patched GameData to you.

hello, I would like that as well. English isn't my native tongue and I have trouble understanding technical language. I'd like to have the gamedata file patched with allparalogues.
Thank you for your help.

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I've got it working on citra, and it was actually pretty easy. Any of the many more knowledgeable posters can feel free to correct me if anything I have posted is wrong.

Please forgive the lack of hyperlinks. Gbatemp won't let me post any yet.

To apply the hack itself you will only need a way to extract and rebuild the rom. I used Asia81's HackingToolKit3DS.
Note: the version you want depends on whether your rom is decrypted or encrypted. Decrypted roms need version 9, while encrypted roms need version 11. If you aren't sure, yours is probably decrypted.

To apply any of the patches, such as the unlock all paralogues patch or the early flora patch, you will also need Lunar IPS to apply the patch and BatchLZ77 (there are other programs, but that's the one I used) to decompress and compress the GameData.bin.

Applying the romhack:
1. Create a backup of your rom in case something goes wrong.

2. Download and install the correct version of HackingToolkit3DS. Place your rom in the PackHack folder with the HackingToolkit3DS.exe. Run the HackingToolkit3DS.exe and enter D, to extract the rom. It will then prompt you to enter the name of your rom WITHOUT the file extension. Type that in, then press enter again. The box should then say that it is extracting the rom. This can take a little while, so be patient. When the program is done extracting the rom it will say so, and prompt you to return to it's main screen.

3. After the rom is done extracting, you should have a bunch of files and folders in the PackHack folder that weren't there before. The important one if the ExtractedRomFS folder. Open it, and copy and paste the files from the Gay Hack Luma version appropriate to your rom. The readme in the Luma Version folder will tell you which folder has the files for your rom, so read it. When prompted, copy and replace the files you are putting into the ExtractedRomFS folder.

If all you want is the base hack, then all thats left is to rebuild the rom - skip to step 5.
If you want to apply any of the patches, there are a few more steps - proceed to step 4.

4. To apply the unlock all paralogues patch, first we need to decompress the GameData.bin file. It is found in the ExtractedRomFS\GameData. Download BatchLZ77 and copy your GameData.bin to the BatchLZ77 folder. Run BatchLZ77.exe, click decompress and choose the GameData.bin. When done it will create a larger file named GameData.bin.decompressed.

Next, download and run Lunar IPS. Click Apply IPS Patch, and then choose the ParalogueGameData.ips file downloaded as part of the gay hack folder, in Gay Fates\v0.6.1\All Paralogues Unlocked Patch (this is the patch we are applying). Next Lunar IPS will ask you to choose the file to apply the patch to, which is your decompressed GateData.bin file.

After this is done, run BatchLZ77 again, this time clicking compress, and choose your decompressed GameData.bin file. It will add compressed to the name of the file, and should now be named GameData.bin.decompressed.compressed (assuming you haven't changed the file name yourself). Rename it to GameData.bin and put it back in the ExtractedRomFS\GameData folder, replacing the GameData.bin that is still there.

5. Now we need to rebuild the rom. Run HackingToolKit3DS.exe again, this time entering R to rebuild the rom. It will ask you for the rm name - type it in just as before, press enter, and wait for it to finish rebuilding. The program will say when it is done, and when done will create a new rom file with _Edited added to the name (so if your rom was named Fates, the rebuild rom should be named Fates_Edited). If you applied the gay hack, the new rom file should also be larger than the original.

If you want to apply any other patches such as flora joining early, they are done in much the same way as the paralogues patch. You can apply both IPS patches to your decompressed GameData.bin before recompressing it.

For the Flora joining early patch you will also need to either copy and replace some files in the ExtractedRomFS\GameData folder, or apply further IPS patches if you don't want to overwrite the files being modified (which should only be an issue if you are using other hacks or patches. if all you have applied is the gay hack, there should be no issue copying and replacing, all of which is covered in the readme).

Once you have finished rebuilding your rom, you are done. Run the rebuilt version with citra and consider whether this was worth the trouble or not.

Last edited by Fishmalk,

MrScotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I apologize for stepping into this thread with a somewhat tangentially related issue, but it seems like this thread may be active while the one I'm looking for is dead. I'm looking to install the Fire Emblem Awakening gay mod (v0.2 found elsewhere on this site) also made by the wonderful Unassumingvenusaur. I'm new to 3ds hacking in general but pretty good at following instructions and parsing computer programming language, and this is where my frustration is coming from - I'm performing the right steps in the right order and not getting a working output.

I'm using the HANS version, which I understand is out of date but it's the only thing presented with the Awakening mod. So I've dug up the older version of Braindump that outputs a .romfs and a second file, enabled homebrew through Soundhax (old 3ds version 11.3, this much works fine) and gotten HANS through the Expanded Starter pack.

I use the extractor recommended by several people which is supposed to eliminate the need for hex editing, extract my romfs to get something like 45 directories and 7000 files, copy paste the hack folder, replacing all, and rebuild my .romfs file out of that with the recommended final release builder.

Unfortunately, when I then go to open the file through HANS (correct filename, doesn't say "invalid", placed the .romfs file and nothing else in the root drive in a file named "hans") the game does not open. I get a black screen with a few pixels on the bottom left and nothing else.

My next step is to try a fresh dump of the file onto a larger 8gb flash drive (I realized the one I had before was 2gb which I figured might have caused a bad dump) but the file size being downloaded when I left for work was the exact same size as the one I got before, so I'm not filled with confidence. The only thing I can find from googling this error indicates that the problem is probably caused by data loss on the dump, and I can't do anything about that with outdated software, nor have I had any luck finding people still actively using the combination of software which seems to be circa about early 2016.

So why I've come here to the thread is to ask: If this attempt fails once again, is there a different program package that will successfully interact with the files from the Awakening mod, which were originally designed for HANS? I understand I'll be starting from square one, but I figure if I'm at least using current software I might be able to get help or better step-by-step guides. I worry that I'm using different versions of all the programs than this hack was originally designed for, on a different 3ds software version, and I may not know it.

I'm sorry for the long post, and if anyone gets back to me, thank you so much. I am hoping to set up this mod as part of a valentines day gift for my fiance, and I'm starting to get discouraged.

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello friends,

I apologize for stepping into this thread with a somewhat tangentially related issue, but it seems like this thread may be active while the one I'm looking for is dead. I'm looking to install the Fire Emblem Awakening gay mod (v0.2 found elsewhere on this site) also made by the wonderful Unassumingvenusaur. I'm new to 3ds hacking in general but pretty good at following instructions and parsing computer programming language, and this is where my frustration is coming from - I'm performing the right steps in the right order and not getting a working output.

I'm using the HANS version, which I understand is out of date but it's the only thing presented with the Awakening mod. So I've dug up the older version of Braindump that outputs a .romfs and a second file, enabled homebrew through Soundhax (old 3ds version 11.3, this much works fine) and gotten HANS through the Expanded Starter pack.

I use the extractor recommended by several people which is supposed to eliminate the need for hex editing, extract my romfs to get something like 45 directories and 7000 files, copy paste the hack folder, replacing all, and rebuild my .romfs file out of that with the recommended final release builder.

Unfortunately, when I then go to open the file through HANS (correct filename, doesn't say "invalid", placed the .romfs file and nothing else in the root drive in a file named "hans") the game does not open. I get a black screen with a few pixels on the bottom left and nothing else.

My next step is to try a fresh dump of the file onto a larger 8gb flash drive (I realized the one I had before was 2gb which I figured might have caused a bad dump) but the file size being downloaded when I left for work was the exact same size as the one I got before, so I'm not filled with confidence. The only thing I can find from googling this error indicates that the problem is probably caused by data loss on the dump, and I can't do anything about that with outdated software, nor have I had any luck finding people still actively using the combination of software which seems to be circa about early 2016.

So why I've come here to the thread is to ask: If this attempt fails once again, is there a different program package that will successfully interact with the files from the Awakening mod, which were originally designed for HANS? I understand I'll be starting from square one, but I figure if I'm at least using current software I might be able to get help or better step-by-step guides. I worry that I'm using different versions of all the programs than this hack was originally designed for, on a different 3ds software version, and I may not know it.

I'm sorry for the long post, and if anyone gets back to me, thank you so much. I am hoping to set up this mod as part of a valentines day gift for my fiance, and I'm starting to get discouraged.

Since you can boot into homebrew I'd suggest getting a custom firmware and use the Luma version to let it work. Here's a guide.
For HANS, it only works with the retail version.

MrScotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you can boot into homebrew I'd suggest getting a custom firmware and use the Luma version to let it work.
For HANS, it only works with the retail version.
Thank you for the reply! I would be happy to try that .however, I am not finding a Luma version of the awakening mod, only the one that was set up for HANS. Also, I am using an awakening cartridge to get the dump if that's what you mean by Retail Version.

I would be happy to give luma a stab if it works from the available mod files. If Hans truly is the same option maybe there is a better software than Braindump to obtain the .romf or .cvi file you could recommend?

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the reply! I would be happy to try that .however, I am not finding a Luma version of the awakening mod, only the one that was set up for HANS. Also, I am using an awakening cartridge to get the dump if that's what you mean by Retail Version.

I would be happy to give luma a stab if it works from the available mod files. If Hans truly is the same option maybe there is a better software than Braindump to obtain the .romf or .cvi file you could recommend?
Download the latest version of the patch from page 1

MrScotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest version of the patch from page 1

The file on page 1 of this thread seems yo be only FE:Fates .The file that I can find for FE: Awakening does not specify any different versions and only mentions HANS, but if it would also work via luma I will try that.

Just to be clear: my ultimate goal is to get the gay FE: Awakening mod working on my machine. Once I have a working method for that I may try fates (we like fates but have a hundred hours in Awakening and bonded over it on our first date)

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The file on page 1 of this thread seems yo be only FE:Fates .The file that I can find for FE: Awakening does not specify any different versions and only mentions HANS, but if it would also work via luma I will try that.

Just to be clear: my ultimate goal is to get the gay FE: Awakening mod working on my machine. Once I have a working method for that I may try fates (we like fates but have a hundred hours in Awakening and bonded over it on our first date)
Oh... this is the Fates theard... well, here you go.

Ariolu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I didn't find anything useful in the thread.
So basically I downloaded the thing, changed the language of the 3DS to English, and tried both Luma and NTR CFW methods, but I can't get it to work...
I've got a digital EUR Special Edition game, does the fact (that the game's digital) ruin the whole thing? Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I didn't find anything useful in the thread.
So basically I downloaded the thing, changed the language of the 3DS to English, and tried both Luma and NTR CFW methods, but I can't get it to work...
I've got a digital EUR Special Edition game, does the fact (that the game's digital) ruin the whole thing? Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.
Only thing I can say is make sure you have the files in the proper place and that you run NTR CFW before you run the game. The download contains READMEs to tell you where to place every file. If it doesn't work, do the Luma layeredfs method instead of NTR CFW.

Ariolu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Only thing I can say is make sure you have the files in the proper place and that you run NTR CFW before you run the game. The download contains READMEs to tell you where to place every file. If it doesn't work, do the Luma layeredfs method instead of NTR CFW.
yup, I'm sure that I downloaded the correct files...
Or prehaps I just can't se the patch? (for example, they get S support with a dialogue even if there's written A+ ?)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, I'm sure that I downloaded the correct files...
Or prehaps I just can't se the patch? (for example, they get S support with a dialogue even if there's written A+ ?)
It's recommended to use a new save file with the hack. Start a new save file and see if you see S supports.

Ariolu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's recommended to use a new save file with the hack. Start a new save file and see if you see S supports.
Nothing, I tried to create a new save file with Female MU, but there isn't the S support with Azura... idk what to do lol
I'm sure that with Luma I enabled game patching (and my randomized Ultra Moon works with it), and with NTR CFW I put the files in the correct folder (again because my other plugins work)
Might the version of the game or the system's one affect the thing?

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing, I tried to create a new save file with Female MU, but there isn't the S support with Azura... idk what to do lol
I'm sure that with Luma I enabled game patching (and my randomized Ultra Moon works with it), and with NTR CFW I put the files in the correct folder (again because my other plugins work)
Might the version of the game or the system's one affect the thing?

Start from the very beginning.

1. What firmware is your 3ds running?
2. What CFW are you using?
3. What version of Fates are you using? Physical cartridge or digital? What region? Birthright, Conquest, or Special Edition?
4. What exactly did you do to install the hack?

Reactions: Ariolu

Ariolu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Start from the very beginning.

1. What firmware is your 3ds running?
2. What CFW are you using?
3. What version of Fates are you using? Physical cartridge or digital? What region? Birthright, Conquest, or Special Edition?
4. What exactly did you do to install the hack?
1. I'm on 11.6
2. Luma CFW with B9S
3. So basically I tried that out with all of the three versions, but I made a new file only for Conquest and Revelation but both didn't work. I've got a digital version of EUR Special edition
4. I put the correct folder (with the code of the game, I guess? 0078 and a bunch of 0s and something) in sd/luma/titles, then I put the other folder of NTR CFW (3.6) in sd/plugin and the fefates folder in the root of the sd card. First I enabled game latching in luma, but nothing happened, then I removed it, and ran NTR CFW, but I didn't see any differences in the game

Am I skipping something?

EDIT: oh and yeah before running the game I changed the language to English, previously it was Italian

Last edited by Ariolu,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I'm on 11.6
2. Luma CFW with B9S
3. So basically I tried that out with all of the three versions, but I made a new file only for Conquest and Revelation but both didn't work. I've got a digital version of EUR Special edition
4. I put the correct folder (with the code of the game, I guess? 0078 and a bunch of 0s and something) in sd/luma/titles, then I put the other folder of NTR CFW (3.6) in sd/plugin and the fefates folder in the root of the sd card. First I enabled game latching in luma, but nothing happened, then I removed it, and ran NTR CFW, but I didn't see any differences in the game

Am I skipping something?

EDIT: oh and yeah before running the game I changed the language to English, previously it was Italian
The title ID for the EUR SE is 000400000017a800.

For NTR, this is all you need:
-Delete the stuff in the SD:/luma/titles/ folder as you don't need it with NTR. Make sure you have the following in the correct place:
-the fefatesSE folder on the root of your SD card
-SD:/plugin/000400000017a800/layeredfs.plg
-For BootNTR Selector, make sure you have the Default settings.
-start new save file.

For Luma's layeredfs
-place the romfs folder in SD:/luma/titles/000400000017a800/
-enable game patching in Luma settings
-start new save file

If you still can't get it to work, install the USA special edition, place the proper files in the proper places for either NTR (proper fefatesSE folder on SD card root and the proper layeredfs.plg in SD:/plugin/0004000000179800 or Luma (SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179800/romfs and with game patching enabled).

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Ariolu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The title ID for the EUR SE is 000400000017a800.

For NTR, this is all you need:
-Delete the stuff in the SD:/luma/titles/ folder as you don't need it with NTR. Make sure you have the following in the correct place:
-the fefatesSE folder on the root of your SD card
-SD:/plugin/000400000017a800/layeredfs.plg
-For BootNTR Selector, make sure you have the Default settings.
-start new save file.

For Luma's layeredfs
-place the romfs folder in SD:/luma/titles/000400000017a800/
-enable game patching in Luma settings
-start new save file

If you still can't get it to work, install the USA special edition, place the proper files in the proper places for either NTR (proper fefatesSE folder on SD card root and the proper layeredfs.plg in SD:/plugin/0004000000179800 or Luma (SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179800/romfs and with game patching enabled).
Thanks, but I did the same thing multiple times kek
I think I'm not going to install the USA SE because I haven't got enough free storage in my SD card, but thanks anyway! c:

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I did the same thing multiple times kek
I think I'm not going to install the USA SE because I haven't got enough free storage in my SD card, but thanks anyway! c:
Yeah, I don't know why it's not working for you. Sorry. :/ I know for a fact it works for the US version, both NTR and Luma methods, so... :/ Maybe choose a different version of NTR instead of 3.6? Maybe 3.3 or 3.4/whatever's available?

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@