ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Skitterfact

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've gotten to chapter 10 on birthright with the patch and I've still not gotten the paralogues or the amiibo characters. Are there any requirements I need to meet for this to work? I'm playing on the European version if that helps.
They're in a separate patch included with the main download, in the My Castle Join and All Paralogues Unlocked Gamedata Folders. Have you used those?

minus_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been asking this question kind of everywhere, but I followed the YouTube tutorial seemingly correctly up to the point where you're able to boot up the game from HANS in Homebrew, but when I try to do so it just freezes onto a black screen with some scattered pixels on the left. It's not saying that the romfs path is invalid or anything (which is what I thought the problem was initially.) Could anyone give me some guidance?
Sorry to bump myself, but I'm kinda desperate to play the hack and I can't seem to find any help. ._. No one's encountered this problem?

Skitterfact

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
After going through the Record Store (Which the Hack kind of screws with, NBD), I've found that a lot of them, which I'll presume are the finished ones, do work (Though Camilla/Charlotte still doesn't). In that case, is there any full list of which ones are finished?

... Also I have just read that the description of Charlotte/Camilla says it's a future update anyway... Disregard that part. Still, any list of finished supports? Especially if any Anna ones are finished.

Last edited by Skitterfact,

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super big apologies for being new, but with menuhax and browserhax being updated to the latest firmware, I wanted to finally give this patch a try, after I'd seen it awhile back.

Will I still end up with child characters? From what I understand, it looks like it does, but, is there a way I can not have the child characters? That would be silly, and I'll only have a handful of same-sex relationships in my playthrough anyway. (Basically just F!Corrin.)

I didn't see them on the changelog, but are F!CorrinxAnna or F!CorrinxLucina a thing? Those are my life.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to bump myself, but I'm kinda desperate to play the hack and I can't seem to find any help. ._. No one's encountered this problem?
Hey man, I'm having the exact same problem. Hopefully someone else gets back to us on this.
What do you have the 'romfs' file saved as? Mind showing me a screenshot of your folder?
Although, I fixed this problem by keeping the file to the last 8 digits of the filename, plus .romfs at the end, so I got '0017A800.romfs'
...it'll likely be different for you, but give this a try if you haven't already.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you have the 'romfs' file saved as? Mind showing me a screenshot of your folder?
Although, I fixed this problem by keeping the file to the last 8 digits of the filename, plus .romfs at the end, so I got '0017A800.romfs'
...it'll likely be different for you, but give this a try if you haven't already.
Adding onto the list, here are the correct file names for the .romfs file for each game and region:

US Special Edition: 00179800.romfs
US Conquest: 00179600.romfs
US Birthright: 00179400.romfs

EU/AUS Special Edition: 0017A800.romfs
EU/AUS Conquest: 00179700.romfs
EU/AUS Birthright: 00179500.romfs

Devster77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think I did it right

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 215

Devster77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wait really, that's stupid.
Uh... What does your root folder look like? ...probably not going to be able to help, but still i dunno
Yeah I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it seems like I'm not the only one with this issue. I thought maybe I had an issue with the dump, but I redumped the game 3 times with no avail. So I honestly don't know.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 151

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hm... stupid question, but are you actually running the Special Edition of the game?
Or maybe you missed the renaming of some files.
...the size seems lower than mine, but i'll assume that 'cause it doesn't need to have multiple languages.

Devster77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm... stupid question, but are you actually running the Special Edition of the game?
Or maybe you missed the renaming of some files.
...the size seems lower than mine, but i'll assume that 'cause it doesn't need to have multiple languages.
Lol yeah I am running the Special Edition. I preordered it the day it was available, But I digress. As for renaming the files, I checked to make sure the files were not corrupted, the Japanese characters were not messed up, I also run my computer on a Japanese locale so that helps, but I'll try renaming everything anyway. But otherwise I'm not sure what my issue is...

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ack, nope, I got nothing, sorry ;_;

I'm about to run through the process again to see if there is anything that may be missed or something, but don't hold out for that.

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Super big apologies for being new, but with menuhax and browserhax being updated to the latest firmware, I wanted to finally give this patch a try, after I'd seen it awhile back.

Will I still end up with child characters? From what I understand, it looks like it does, but, is there a way I can not have the child characters? That would be silly, and I'll only have a handful of same-sex relationships in my playthrough anyway. (Basically just F!Corrin.)

I didn't see them on the changelog, but are F!CorrinxAnna or F!CorrinxLucina a thing? Those are my life.
You only get child characters for same-sex marriages if you do the hex editing to get them. F!CorrinxAnna is in, not entirely sure about F!CorrinxLucina.

minus_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I'm having the exact same problem. Hopefully someone else gets back to us on this.
At least now I know it's not just me, which is a relief in some way!
I thought it was something to do with the file name in the HANS folder as well, but nope. It's been named 00179600.romfs for a while (I have a US Conquest cartridge) and I still get the crash. Here's what my SD card looks like, for reference...
6KxcJSh.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work