ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berret did get that glitch that said he married Niles. So, maybe if you married a male as a male on the Birthright path, it would cause the game to crash on the credits because Niles (the only male/male option that's supposed to be in the game) isn't on that path. Same thing would apply to marrying a female as a female on Conquest since Rhajat is a Hoshido character.
Also, I don't think Berret mentioned if he did any other same-sex pairings besides Corrin/Benny. If he didn't, there might just be a problem with the other characters since Corrin, Rhajat, and Niles are the only characters who are supposed to have same-sex supports in the game.
Oh yeah, those are all fair points. I guess I'll know after I finish birthright haha. You don't save after the credits, do you?

Berret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berret did get that glitch that said he married Niles. So, maybe if you married a male as a male on the Birthright path, it would cause the game to crash on the credits because Niles (the only male/male option that's supposed to be in the game) isn't on that path. Same thing would apply to marrying a female as a female on Conquest since Rhajat is a Hoshido character.
Also, I don't think Berret mentioned if he did any other same-sex pairings besides Corrin/Benny. If he didn't, there might just be a problem with the other characters since Corrin, Rhajat, and Niles are the only characters who are supposed to have same-sex supports in the game.

I have not! I'm grinding supports right now to see what happens.

Berret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I quickly spammed the gold DLC to build up the supports. And well the ending did not crash on me, but the other S supports that were not Corrin's showed up twice and made no sense at all.
scr_1_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_2_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_3_TOP_LEFT.png

Last edited by Berret,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the double post, but I quickly spammed the gold DLC to build up the supports. And well the ending did not crash on me, but the other S supports that were not Corrin's showed up twice and made no sense at all.
I have a guess…

The game doesn't have preset for how to handle same-gendered marriages outside of Corrin's, because for Corrin, it has a script to ignore posting their partner, as between the two Corrin all pairings are possible. But the other characters were never given a script to determin which pair to show, so instead it creates a DUMMY entry for both indivisuals, so the pair shows up twice if both of them are in your allies and are still alive. (I have reason to beleive it doesn't show ones for those who died in classic mode, nor if you get them married ti a unit not in you allies, like an enemy, or perhaps one of the version-specific characters from the other version, without adding them to your allies.)

All speculation, of course.

Joshkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd like to know the character block offsets for a couple characters, Kaden and Keaton.

Also, how do you tell/find out which block pertains to who?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd like to know the character block offsets for a couple characters, Kaden and Keaton.

Also, how do you tell/find out which block pertains to who?
Okay, I'll look them up in a bit!

And what I have to do is open the file in a Japanese Hex Editor, search for the character's name in katakana (the PID), note what offset it's located at, and calculate what the pointer to it would be. Once I have that I can open it up in a normal hex editor and search for the pointer to the PID. The character block starts 8 blocks before this.

sutorumie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been running this patch with the undub, and new S-Supports don't have conversations... I've specifically tested it with M!CorrinxSilas (Conquest), HanaxSakura, and SetsunaxHinoka. I tried taking out the undub but it still didn't work--I haven't tried just the same-sex patch without the undub on a new save file but I've been using the undub+same-sex patch on new save files. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I don't think this and the undub are fully compatible, but if someone can dispute that, then perhaps there's a different problem... I don't really know. I'll test without the undub on a new save file later.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been running this patch with the undub, and new S-Supports don't have conversations... I've specifically tested it with M!CorrinxSilas (Conquest), HanaxSakura, and SetsunaxHinoka. I tried taking out the undub but it still didn't work--I haven't tried just the same-sex patch without the undub on a new save file but I've been using the undub+same-sex patch on new save files. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I don't think this and the undub are fully compatible, but if someone can dispute that, then perhaps there's a different problem... I don't really know. I'll test without the undub on a new save file later.

M!Corrin x Silas and Hana x Sakura are definetly there and definetly work. It's very likely your copies had their file names got corrupted at some point in the process of decompressing them.

Zinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the NTR method with my Gateway, and the hack for the Japanese SE didn't appear in my game, even though I had booted it. :(( Does it have something to do with the fan translation?

Also, do we need to play from the beginning every time there is a new update?

Last edited by Zinie,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the NTR method with my Gateway, and the hack for the Japanese SE didn't appear in my game, even though I had booted it. :(( Does it have something to do with the fan translation?

Also, do we need to play from the beginning every time there is a new update?
Hmm, that's weird, the JP SE plugin is included in the download. And no you definetly don't have to play from the beginning every update. It's a one-time thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY