ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
The mod won't work at all for the digital version. The digital version's main filesystem is gutted, and a great deal of content is stored with the routes as DLC. And, certain entrypoints can cause problems launching hans, primarily the threaded version of menuhax, and browserhax.

Last edited by configchan,

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The mod won't work at all for the digital version. The digital version's main filesystem is gutted, and a great deal of content is stored with the routes as DLC. And, certain entrypoints can cause problems launching hans, primarily the threaded version of menuhax, and browserhax.
I'd say that's not true at all since I'm on the digital version, but then I use CFW so.... I can't help.

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, HANS can't run the mod on the digital version, but NTR absolutely can.

If HANS can't run the digital game AT ALL, though, that sounds like another issue.

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right, HANS can't run the mod on the digital version, but NTR absolutely can.

If HANS can't run the digital game AT ALL, though, that sounds like another issue.
Is NTR possible on 11.0? If it is, could you please tell me how? Otherwise, I just go and buy a physical copy of Fates then (rip money D:)

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're still working on it, but last I heard it's not possible to get CFW (and thus NTR) on 11.0 at this time, unfortunately.

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They're still working on it, but last I heard it's not possible to get CFW (and thus NTR) on 11.0 at this time, unfortunately.
Well then, R.I.P. Gay Patch until HANS will work for Digital (It won't work, right? It's not able to.. fix that(?)?) Or until I got a physical copy of Fates, thank you anyways o:

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, no. The way HANS works doesn't allow for support of games that work like the digital version of Fates.

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait a sec though... If Deathchaos managed to make a support for the awakening trio, and that it works through ExtraData (because that's how DLC keeps their data on your save) then this hack could maybe be made as a DLC instead and work with just a save editor? Just trowing the idea out, no idea if that would work or have any limitation. It might even be too long to port too.

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That needs custom firmware, same as NTR does.
No I was talking about injecting DLC by ExtraData. That's possible with just homebrew access because JK's Save Manager works with Fates. That's why Deathchaos' DLC is currently usable without CFW. It's just that when you install a DLC, it creates files in extra data you can then inject in someone else's 3DS with a save editor. That makes whatever the DLC does (in that case new characters) usable but only if it's not a new map or something. A support mod might work (characters definitely works at least).

Cashmerella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What did you name the .romfs?
It should be correct, I checked a million times.
But, I think it's a different problem. For some reason, it seems to be a different format than the original romfs file, according to my computer. :( But I used the extractor and everything? I don't know what it could be.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be correct, I checked a million times.
But, I think it's a different problem. For some reason, it seems to be a different format than the original romfs file, according to my computer. :( But I used the extractor and everything? I don't know what it could be.
That's wrong. The .romfs should be the last 8 digits of the title ID, so it'd be 00179400.romfs.

Cashmerella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, the folder name should be all lowercase.
Ah....... it still says invalid.
My computer says it's a different filetype than the original romf, so maybe that's it... :(
Idk how that happened though.
But it's not like my computer recognized what either is exactly so I dunno...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah....... it still says invalid.
My computer says it's a different filetype than the original romf, so maybe that's it... :(
Idk how that happened though.
But it's not like my computer recognized what either is exactly so I dunno...
Ack, but it says SD code is actually valid...? Is this making any sense? ._.
Should I try that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Erm.. it said the code method was valid, but... it didn't seem to do anything to the game. ^^;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y