donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm playing the game with dstt...
No problem at all. I don't where the black screen appears, so i think i just got it to work. Im playing chapter 1. xD

This is what you need to make it work on dstt or ttds.....
Get a FIRE EMBLEM rom, make a copy of it. And patch one of this copies, cause you'll need a second CLEAN ROM.
Get NDSTOOL to unpack the roms. Separately if you want, that way you won't get confused with the two roms.
At this point you should have umm i think 6 .bin files and two folders (OVERLAY and DATA) in the two romfolders. Now you should go to where you unpacked your PATCHED rom and copy those two folders, ONLY THE TWO FOLDERS, and REPLACE the ones from the CLEAN rom with those you copied.
After that just repack the clean rom with it's new two folders from the patched one.
And there you go. A working patched Fire Emblem rom.

1338hax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
No problem at all. I don't where the black screen appears, so i think i just got it to work. Im playing chapter 1. xD

Get a FIRE EMBLEM rom, make a copy of it. And patch one of this copies, cause you'll need a second CLEAN ROM.
Get NDSTOOL to unpack the roms. Separately if you want, that way you won't get confused with the two roms.
At this point you should have umm i think 6 .bin files and two folders (OVERLAY and DATA) in the two romfolders. Now you should go to where you unpacked your PATCHED rom and copy those two folders, ONLY THE TWO FOLDERS, and REPLACE the ones from the CLEAN rom with those you copied.
After that just repack the clean rom with it's new two folders from the patched one.

Thanx So much dude my DSTT plays FE now
yaynds.gif

ssj4gohan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aznanimefreak1 said:
Hmm Where's Noitora and Nehe32?
I can imagine Noitora would be pretty busy balancing his time between both the Bleach 3rd Phantom and FEDS projects.

Anyway I like what's been done on the title screen but it should read New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light (when correctly Romanized). One could argue that the "New" factor wouldn't apply to those outside Japan who aren't familiar with the original title but regardless this is of course a translation of the Japanese title. If NoA wish to make such changes to a localized version then they will do so on their own accord. I also think that neglecting the "New" part in the title would somehow reflect badly on the original and it's existance...if that makes sense.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:

Some people claim that after the prologue there was a crash in the game.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
DarthNemesis said:
Noitora said:
I can't insert the newly translated files in the rom because not all of the english letters are mapped into the font so I wrote a little tool so it can be easier to see which characters are mapped.
Characters that are not mapped are displayed with red.Right Click and input some text to see what it does.
LetterTool.
Why not edit the font to add the missing mappings? What format is the font file?
the font is a bin file, it's not compressed with lz77 but I can't view it with either 4bpp or 8bpp

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of the docs are done. So we can expect the 2nd patch pretty soon after fonts and text are finished. We are trying to not rush the patch to fast to avoid any mistakes.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ssj4gohan said:
Anyway I like what's been done on the title screen but it should read New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light (when correctly Romanized).
The "new" part refers to the title as a whole, so I think the ": Retold" idea would be a more appropriate choice than one which could be interpreted as saying that the Dark Dragon is new. Although, checking Smash Bros to see the official Nintendo title couldn't hurt.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
is the end result going to be a 100% translated Fire emblem or just what matters for gameplay?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Giangsta said:
is the end result going to be a 100% translated Fire emblem or just what matters for gameplay?
We don't know yet.If the game's gonna be released outside Japan then there's no need to translate the script but I guarantee you everything else will be translated.

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noitora said:
DarthNemesis said:
Noitora said:
I can't insert the newly translated files in the rom because not all of the english letters are mapped into the font so I wrote a little tool so it can be easier to see which characters are mapped.
Characters that are not mapped are displayed with red.Right Click and input some text to see what it does.
LetterTool.
Why not edit the font to add the missing mappings? What format is the font file?
the font is a bin file, it's not compressed with lz77 but I can't view it with either 4bpp or 8bpp
Ahem. Look closer
sleep.gif
. 2 files are compressed with lz77. It's 2bpp and it doesn't have standard 8x8 tiles-> use the pointer table in the font.

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome, well here it is the weekend (really shortly) so i can pretty much guarantee (after taking a 2 day break) that the tutorials will be finished by tomorrow. Im still...well, unsure about the system menu and how to edit it (the menu that pops up when you press A on an empty space" :S but i really wanna get that fixed up

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nehe32 said:
Awesome, well here it is the weekend (really shortly) so i can pretty much guarantee (after taking a 2 day break) that the tutorials will be finished by tomorrow. Im still...well, unsure about the system menu and how to edit it (the menu that pops up when you press A on an empty space" :S but i really wanna get that fixed up
Progress seems to be doing good right now.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
aznanimefreak1 said:
Demo Patch Version 2.0*
What Has Been Done
-100% Items Translated
-100% Names Translated
-80% of all menu's translated
-90% of all messages translated
-73% of all script translated
-Fixed Character Limits
-Fixed some technical issues
-Graphics Hacked(No Known % of Translated Graphics)
*Note: This Patch will be exclusively released on Noitora's Site 1st. It will be then later moved over to GBAtemp for public release.
*Note: Some known issues such as DSTT Flash Cart crash may not be fixed

By "script" you mean dialogues and narrative texts? If so, how the hell did you manage to translate that fast?!
smile.gif

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is a remake haha. And theres fire emblem 1 which has been already translated also fire emblem 3 which was a remake of 1 were just missing a couple of special added chapters that weren't on the SNES versions of the game. Also the reason why this translation has been having really fast progress if because most of the data and information about the game has been released before it even came out in Japanese or was already known about. I had gathered most of the information before even starting the patch too ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo