Not open for further replies.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because
QUOTE said:
Ahem. Look closer sleep.gif. 2 files are compressed with lz77. It's 2bpp and it doesn't have standard 8x8 tiles-> use the pointer table in the font.
If memory serves, TileMolester can arrange graphics to a much finer degree than some other programs, including stuff like this. You might want to look into that, maybe :/

QUOTEThe "new" part refers to the title as a whole, so I think the ": Retold" idea would be a more appropriate choice than one which could be interpreted as saying that the Dark Dragon is new. Although, checking Smash Bros to see the official Nintendo title couldn't hurt.
Its purpose is, I guess, to sound like New Super Mario Bros. did. Super Mario Bros.: Retold isn't as catch, that's for sure >.>

I'm not a supporter for NoA's name... a lot of the text, they've localized, not translated. With every game that comes over, more and more of the names and the like are just plopped in with what the localization team seems to want (Wishblade... Doublebow?). Lifting all made-up names only furthers the lack of translation :/

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noitora said:
HenanZh I still can't view anything using 2bpp.
I decompressed 2 files: sys_agb and sys_wars. They clearly contained a 2bpp font.
I partially opened them in my image viewer I wrote for Puyo Puyo:
sys_agb-uncompressed.png
sys_wars-uncompressed.png
Surely there are tile editors that support 2bpp?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RLE is used with some of the game's graphics, I know (the ones that are, it makes no difference, due to the detail...) :/

kevinup91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, first of all, amazing job so far. I can't believe how quickly you guys are doing this and how well you can do it together however separated you truly are in terms of distance. Since you have made so much progress from the first released patch to this one you are working on, why not release this one now on Noitora's site and then keep working on a final version?

I'm sure it'll help with bug-testing and give you a better feel of what you have to work with. Sorry if this seems intrusive, but I think that if you do this, not only will Noitora's site get more visits for this update and then the final update, but you will also receive some altogether necessary feedback for your work.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
HernanZh said:
Noitora said:
I decompressed 2 files: sys_agb and sys_wars. They clearly contained a 2bpp font.
sys_agb-uncompressed.png
I haven't checked the two fonts you are talking about.The one that needs to be changed is "talk" and I cannot view it with 2bpp or every other codec...

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
kevinup91 said:
Hey everyone, first of all, amazing job so far. I can't believe how quickly you guys are doing this and how well you can do it together however separated you truly are in terms of distance. Since you have made so much progress from the first released patch to this one you are working on, why not release this one now on Noitora's site and then keep working on a final version?

I'm sure it'll help with bug-testing and give you a better feel of what you have to work with. Sorry if this seems intrusive, but I think that if you do this, not only will Noitora's site get more visits for this update and then the final update, but you will also receive some altogether necessary feedback for your work.
I'm very pleased you are enjoying the patch but we can't release something yet as we don't want to release something that looks rather ugly and needs immediate fixing (I am speaking about the font).

Drkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thats a fast translation. So is all you have to do is finish the script, messages, and menus, and it will be done? Nice.

Also, I would say if you are going to do anther translation, do the Taiko no Tatsujin DS game. DQV is going to come out in the US eventually (And has a English SNES version), I don't think that Taiko no Tatsujin DS is ever going to come out over here.

Well, keep up the good work.

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noitora said:
HernanZh said:
Noitora said:
sys_agb-uncompressed.png
I haven't checked the two fonts you are talking about.The one that needs to be changed is "talk" and I cannot view it with 2bpp or every other codec...
Ah ok, I didn't look into that one
rolleyes.gif

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
HernanZh said:
Noitora said:
HernanZh said:
Noitora said:
sys_agb-uncompressed.png

rolleyes.gif
yeah, that's the one
hate2.gif

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have just received some Screenshots of the 2nd Translation Patch from our Rom Hacker Noitora. The first Screenshots shows things that we have fixed and translated such as the Event Recollection Menu. The other Screenshot shows the glitches and errors we have encountered such as the font and character problem issue. There is also an error that hasn't been fixed such as Kain's name is stilled spelled as Kian. The second Screenshot even proves why Noitora doesn't want to release a patch that is not entirely finished. So remember to not rush our rom hackers or our translator to release a patch.
QUOTE said:
I'm very pleased you are enjoying the patch but we can't release something yet as we don't want to release something that looks rather ugly and needs immediate fixing (I am speaking about the font).

recollectionuu1.png

shopzn2.png

BenWyldeZX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sword-of-seals.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all - great job on that patch, it makes things much easier.

But i have i question - how do you make that patch? If it isn't that difficult, I would like to ask, if i can translate your english version later into german for a great german FE forum (http://sword-of-seals.de) - with your credits of course. Is that possible later?

Otherwise, keep up the good work
smile.gif

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, it looks really good!
Can't wait to play with the 2nd patch, I'm kinda stuck now in the beginning lol
tongue.gif

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BenWyldeZX said:

But i have i question - how do you make that patch? If it isn't that difficult, I would like to ask, if i can translate your english version later into german for a great german FE forum (http://sword-of-seals.de) - with your credits of course. Is that possible later?

smile.gif
I believe we even translated one section into german. You will have to go discuss translating the patch to german with Noitora or Kryss

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
BenWyldeZX said:

smile.gif

I didnt make the patch, but im 60% sure this is how you do it

we have 2 copies of the ROM

1 is untouched
1 has our edits in it

use a PPF tool (or w.e) and it compares the 2 files and writes a patch which records all the differences in the file
biggrin.gif

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Noitora said:
HernanZh said:
Noitora said:
HernanZh said:
Noitora said:
sys_agb-uncompressed.png

rolleyes.gif
yeah, that's the one
hate2.gif
@Noitora tile molester supports 2bpp in both planer and linear forms
here is a DL link

Tile molester

Its a java app im afraid but it should do the job hopefully

Lionhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For your next translation game, you should have a look at "Sangokushi Taisen Ten". Maybe you like it. Thanks anyone for your effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1