ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening Same-Sex Marriage (+ More)

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there and thanks for this awesome patch!
I noticed that whenever I use a Second Seal on Gregor, the game simply crashes and if I reclass him without NTR on and save, I can't load that save if I go back to it with NTR on. Dunno if it was posted already, so if it was I'm sorry, but this is bugging me a bit since I can only reclass him without NTR in one of the unpromoted classes (those DON'T make the save broken somehow), then reclass him back but with a Master Seal.

Since I'm using the EU ver, some customized dialogues that I saw as screens don't show up at all, guess it's normal, right?

RandomVirginian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, as a huge fan of this game as well as someone who has absolutely no experience or knowledge in the subjects and terms needed to install, run, or otherwise do almost anything at all with the programs or such needed to get this to work.

I was wondering if it would be possible (if not to much of a bother or offence to anyone) for someone to explain a couple things and answer a few questions to see if it would be possible for me to get this to work. Thank you.

Thuban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, as a huge fan of this game as well as someone who has absolutely no experience or knowledge in the subjects and terms needed to install, run, or otherwise do almost anything at all with the programs or such needed to get this to work.

I was wondering if it would be possible (if not to much of a bother or offence to anyone) for someone to explain a couple things and answer a few questions to see if it would be possible for me to get this to work. Thank you.
I can try to help, I think. What are you trying to do?

If you just wish to hack your Awakening game with this hack, I can offer some advice. Can you tell me whether you have an Old 3DS or a New 3DS (or 2DS, 3DS XL, etc.)? Also, if you enter the Settings page of your 3DS, via the settings app, on the top screen there should be a version number. If you can tell me what that number is, I can offer some answers on what methods you can use to hack your 3DS.

Hi there and thanks for this awesome patch!
I noticed that whenever I use a Second Seal on Gregor, the game simply crashes and if I reclass him without NTR on and save, I can't load that save if I go back to it with NTR on. Dunno if it was posted already, so if it was I'm sorry, but this is bugging me a bit since I can only reclass him without NTR in one of the unpromoted classes (those DON'T make the save broken somehow), then reclass him back but with a Master Seal.

Since I'm using the EU ver, some customized dialogues that I saw as screens don't show up at all, guess it's normal, right?
I don't know what to do about Gregor; I've never heard about that issue before. However, as far as the support conversations go-- open up the folder where you're storing the Gay Awakening hack. Double click the folder labeled "m". There should be a folder named "E" inside. Rename folder "E" to "U" and your issue should be solved.

Last edited by Thuban,

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uh, guess it must be a problem only for the EU ver of the game, then. Poor Gregor, can't really use him as it is now.
But if I change back the folder "E" to "U" aren't I disabling it for my EU copy? Still, will try it as soon as I can, just to see what happens, thanks.

Thuban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, guess it must be a problem only for the EU ver of the game, then. Poor Gregor, can't really use him as it is now.
But if I change back the folder "E" to "U" aren't I disabling it for my EU copy? Still, will try it as soon as I can, just to see what happens, thanks.
The North American copies contain the "E" folder... I'm pretty positive of that, since all three of my romfs compilation alts have an E folder, and I have NA version. I'm almost 100% certain the EU versions use the letter "U" instead, though of course I only have UV's European version instructions as a source, and not any actual first-hand experience.

To be honest, I'm also having a bit of a glitch with Gregor, though I'm not sure it's the same as yours. Instead of having his unique sprite, I'm strangely only able to view his mapsprite as a generic unit's. It's very weird, but reclassing still works, as far as I know... though I only Second Sealed him once, from Hero into Barbarian, so I'm not exactly going off of a wealth of information here. Maybe there was some sort of an error in changing his class passdown list, i.e. barbarian AND troubadour to a theoretical daughter? I'll check to see if I also have this error the next time I'm in a Master class! :0

RandomVirginian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can try to help, I think. What are you trying to do?

If you just wish to hack your Awakening game with this hack, I can offer some advice. Can you tell me whether you have an Old 3DS or a New 3DS (or 2DS, 3DS XL, etc.)? Also, if you enter the Settings page of your 3DS, via the settings app, on the top screen there should be a version number. If you can tell me what that number is, I can offer some answers on what methods you can use to hack your 3DS.

Thank you very much good Sir/Miss and much obliged, and when you say hack Awakening with this I assume that means getting it to work with this correct? In any case I have the 2DS and the version number would be 11.0.0-33u.

Last edited by RandomVirginian,

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The North American copies contain the "E" folder... I'm pretty positive of that, since all three of my romfs compilation alts have an E folder, and I have NA version. I'm almost 100% certain the EU versions use the letter "U" instead, though of course I only have UV's European version instructions as a source, and not any actual first-hand experience.

To be honest, I'm also having a bit of a glitch with Gregor, though I'm not sure it's the same as yours. Instead of having his unique sprite, I'm strangely only able to view his mapsprite as a generic unit's. It's very weird, but reclassing still works, as far as I know... though I only Second Sealed him once, from Hero into Barbarian, so I'm not exactly going off of a wealth of information here. Maybe there was some sort of an error in changing his class passdown list, i.e. barbarian AND troubadour to a theoretical daughter? I'll check to see if I also have this error the next time I'm in a Master class! :0
Changed the "U" back to "E", but guess I need to try it with some custom S like Noire-Severa or Owain-Inigo to see if changed something.
Tried a Second Seal on Gregor again, but as before, his Warrior class has the sprite of Flier Lucina, the game freezes and crashes, rebooting my n3ds, I really dunno what's the problem at this point, he's the only unit (got the DLC units and all of the 2nd gen units) that crashes if I try to reclass him in other promoted classes with the NTR on.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for being new, but there's a bunch of pages and I only had one quick question. It looks like, from the OP, that children characters are still in? Is there a way to disable those for same-sex marriages? I don't mind not getting them.

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Apologies for being new, but there's a bunch of pages and I only had one quick question. It looks like, from the OP, that children characters are still in? Is there a way to disable those for same-sex marriages? I don't mind not getting them.
There's no way to disable them. Unlike Fates, Awakening isn't hardcoded to disallow children for same-sex marriages because they aren't possible in the base game.

Yolanda Roxanne

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello, I have recently installed the gay hack for Fire emblem awakening. I'm having a problem where for the s-support conversation. Instead of having a support conversation, a white flash appear and S-support archive. Does anyone have any idea about this problem. I have a physical USA copy of the game.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have recently installed the gay hack for Fire emblem awakening. I'm having a problem where for the s-support conversation. Instead of having a support conversation, a white flash appear and S-support archive. Does anyone have any idea about this problem. I have a physical USA copy of the game.
Some characters don't have support conversations made and added for them yet. There is nothing you did wrong and there's nothing you can do to fix it until a new version with those support comversations are added.

Yolanda Roxanne

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Some characters don't have support conversations made and added for them yet. There is nothing you did wrong and there's nothing you can do to fix it until a new version with those support comversations are added.

I see. However, I have check Unassumingvenusaur's tumblr and notice that SumiaxCordelia and SullyxMiriel support conversations have been added and was unable to have the support conversation. It's really weird.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. However, I have check Unassumingvenusaur's tumblr and notice that SumiaxCordelia and SullyxMiriel support conversations have been added and was unable to have the support conversation. It's really weird.
That's strange. Maybe try re-downloading the files and replacing the ones you are using now?

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regarding that, I didn't see the sibling support between Lucina & Severa, but I guess it must be for my EU copy, but I'm not sure.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to disable them. Unlike Fates, Awakening isn't hardcoded to disallow children for same-sex marriages because they aren't possible in the base game.
Damn. Is it possible to disallow children for individual couples, and use that for all of the pairings in this hack? I think that could be the solution, unless I'm completely missing it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Is it possible to disallow children for individual couples, and use that for all of the pairings in this hack? I think that could be the solution, unless I'm completely missing it.
You could just not do the Paralogues and not recruit them...?

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Regarding that, I didn't see the sibling support between Lucina & Severa, but I guess it must be for my EU copy, but I'm not sure.
Iirc for EU versions all you need is to change the name of the file E to U.
Nope, still not working. It's really strange and annoying. I only know that the possible problem for this is the game region but both my 3ds and game is USA region.
It's possible that whatever program you're using to unzip the files is corrupting the file names of the supports. Try another unzipping program, or if you have the patience you can run all the names through Google Translate, which should give you the non-corrupted katakana.

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Iirc for EU versions all you need is to change the name of the file E to U.
The Thing is that the folder was already renamed U, but then I renamed it back to E too see if something changed and nope, not a difference between E or U, I didn't see any convos for Lucina-Kjelle, Owain-Inigo and Noire-Severa Rank S, which are listed as present in the top post and even saw some screens time ago...I don't think I've made mistakes since every character on the roster (except the einherjar but I know they can't support anyone anyway) has quite a list for supports up to A or S, but still I can't see those custom added ones no matter what I do.

Last edited by Nocto,

severelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey! So I coded a Parent/Child support for Lissa&Noire and I'm trying to compress it but when I run it through FEAT nothing happens, any idea why this is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: