Hacking Finally! No more WBFS drive, partition and managers

D

Deleted-171178

This has made me think...
Would it be possible to integrate this to a NAND loader so we can have...for example a Wii Sports channel that loads Wii Sports from NAND?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
nice development!
What about adding new previously burned games to a fat(32?) drive?
do you have to rip it to an iso & use the command line tool or can the loader rip discs to .wbfs files on the fat drive?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Skizzo said:
I'm confused by this. First you appear to state that the image files can't be used to get 100% 1:1 copies back, then you ask if it works?

I read that there's some mode to read 1:1, but i don't know what it does.

QUOTE(Xras @ Nov 2 2009, 05:13 PM) Sorry to have to say this, but the wbfs_file tool can be used to convert from .iso to .wbfs and from .wbfs to .iso.
AFAIK there's no difference between a normal wbfs manager for this action.
Meaning you can dump a .iso to .wbfs on your drive, then extract it using the same way people do right now with wbfs managers

far as I know, the conversion back to .iso will give you the same .iso you started with

I want a 100% match. If you used one of Waninkoko's cIOS* to dump the game to wbfs ==> game patched / nowhere near 100%. When dumping a game to a wbfs partition it's scrubbed ==> nowhere near 100%. Only if the .iso is converted to .wbfs on a pc and really no data is skipped, it's possible to get a 100% copy. And if you get a 100% copy by doing this is my question.

*7 and 14 don't patch, but 7 isn't usb loader related and 14 won't read 100% of the disc.

C

CasperH

Is it just as fast as WBFS? I believe that was one of the reasons Waninkoko created it.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
nice development!
What about adding new previously burned games to a fat(32?) drive?
do you have to rip it to an iso & use the command line tool or can the loader rip discs to .wbfs files on the fat drive?
See post #59.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Skizzo said:
I'm confused by this. First you appear to state that the image files can't be used to get 100% 1:1 copies back, then you ask if it works?

I read that there's some mode to read 1:1, but i don't know what it does.

QUOTE(Xras @ Nov 2 2009, 05:13 PM) Sorry to have to say this, but the wbfs_file tool can be used to convert from .iso to .wbfs and from .wbfs to .iso.
AFAIK there's no difference between a normal wbfs manager for this action.
Meaning you can dump a .iso to .wbfs on your drive, then extract it using the same way people do right now with wbfs managers

far as I know, the conversion back to .iso will give you the same .iso you started with

I want a 100% match. If you used one of Waninkoko's cIOS* to dump the game to wbfs ==> game patched / nowhere near 100%. When dumping a game to a wbfs partition it's scrubbed ==> nowhere near 100%. Only if the .iso is converted to .wbfs on a pc and really no data is skipped, it's possible to get a 100% copy. And if you get a 100% copy by doing this is my question.

*7 and 14 don't patch, but 7 isn't usb loader related and 14 won't read 100% of the disc.
OK, well I'm going to burn a disc or two to clear some space off my HD (I keep original scene release archives to have a good dump also) and then I'll do a bytewise comparison. Let you know in a bit.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
beegee7730 said:
Would it be possible to integrate this to a NAND loader so we can have...for example a Wii Sports channel that loads Wii Sports from NAND?

Waninkoko made a video booting Hamster Heroes from NAND some time ago.

Edit: There it is:

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want to fill your nand with a game image? yes, i know there are many games that are only 200mb and less. You would be better getting an SD card and using that if you didn't want to have a USB HDD.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. The only slow part is waiting for the loader to calculate HDD space upon bootup. But I'd imagine that process will be made faster as time goes on.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? I'll be doing that for sure. I'm not going to run out of space any time soon so no need to have to wait for that every time I play something.

lostreverie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an awesome development. I can't understand why so many people in this thread are actually complaining about this great new option in Configurable USB Loader.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Oh really? I'll be doing that for sure. I'm not going to run out of space any time soon so no need to have to wait for that every time I play something.

hide_hddinfo = [0],1 is the option for it...also using a GUI at start up skips it until you turn off the GUI

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What WBFS_file does, and lots of WBFS manager don't, is working without problems on Win7 x64.

Also now you can have the loaders settings and covers on the USB device, no partitioning necessary.

Also no nagging of the operating system to format the drive.

Now it would be time for a new channel creation tool with FAT-support. A Wii with a filled and animated menu is nice to look at.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A great step forward, I have to give kudos to the coders who made this possible
grog.gif

However, I will be sticking with my seperate WBFS partition for the time being. Its not a huge hassle to use a WBFS manager to transfer games back and forth. My main reason for not switching is that my other partition is NTFS. If/when the loaders are able to grab .iso from an NTFS partition, I will readily switch over!

Good work, now please add NTFS support!

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Wiiwu said:
Here is a nice Windows GUI tool to help you format your drive to FAT32 - http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

The reason we need to use this is because WINXP won't do a FAT32 format for any drive bigger than 32GB. Another one of Microsoft silly restriction to force you to use NTFS.

I had to use that too. But FAT32 officially supports up to 4 TB. Both, exFAT (Vista SP1 and 7) and NTFS have there pros and cons.

C

CasperH

Det1re said:
beegee7730 said:

Waninkoko made a video booting Hamster Heroes from NAND some time ago.

Edit: There it is:
How do we know it isn't just loading from HDD?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
Good work, now please add NTFS support!
As I understand it, this is a limitation within cIOS 222. If Hermes adds some kind of support for it, it could happen, but until then it won't.

QUOTE(PrincessPeach @ Nov 2 2009, 07:33 PM) Now it would be time for a new channel creation tool with FAT-support. A Wii with a filled and animated menu is nice to look at.
It's actually possible, someone just needs to make something to take advantage of it (if you read the changelog for the recent version you'll see that you can give the DOL an argument that specifies a gameid of a game to load from FAT32).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ