Gaming Finally beat Mario Galaxy (1)!

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I put the game off for a while...I was having a ton of trouble beating the final level (not the boss...I beat Bowser without getting hit), and finally decided to try again since 2 is coming out soon.

Awesome game.

Most intricate non-rpg Mario story ever told!

Sad ending. Poor Luma sacrificed itself.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These type of Mario games are perfect and enjoyable to play, except that they have little replay value. Let's hope the sequel fixes this.

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Fellow said:
These type of Mario games are perfect and enjoyable to play, except that they have little replay value. Let's hope the sequel fixes this.

I think that there is quite a bit of replayability, as long as you don't mind the idea of selecting a galaxy that already has the star icon there...which is hard to get over. The days of arcade-style platformers like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic The Hedgehog 1 are over (with exceptions, obviously, like Mega Man 9/10). It's easier for people to get into a game where you don't have to play through it in one sitting, essentially eliminating replay value; it's easier to beat the game, and with the lack of required replay, you feel no strive for perfection, self-limiting any replay value.

QUOTE(Finishoff @ May 19 2010, 11:51 PM) Haven't started playing Mario Galaxy 1 yet. I have it but, I can't find the time to start on it. Thanks for the spoiler though...

Sorry, mate! At least I didn't spoil a story-focused game for ye...

loaky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got so hyped up about SMG2 i've started playing SMG1 again, upto 25 stars already, don't think i'll get them all like last time around though.

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
loaky said:
I've got so hyped up about SMG2 i've started playing SMG1 again, upto 25 stars already, don't think i'll get them all like last time around though.

In 8 days including (possibly all) work, school, family, food, sleep? I don't think so xD! But yeah, the hype got to me too. Retro Galaxy all the way, baby!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Yeah, I put the game off for a while...I was having a ton of trouble beating the final level (not the boss...I beat Bowser without getting hit), and finally decided to try again since 2 is coming out soon.

Awesome game.

You did play through twice, right? And not just with Mario?

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
monkat said:

Awesome game.

You did play through twice, right? And not just with Mario?

No. See the bolded part.

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
Fellow said:

I think that there is quite a bit of replayability, as long as you don't mind the idea of selecting a galaxy that already has the star icon there...which is hard to get over. The days of arcade-style platformers like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic The Hedgehog 1 are over (with exceptions, obviously, like Mega Man 9/10). It's easier for people to get into a game where you don't have to play through it in one sitting, essentially eliminating replay value; it's easier to beat the game, and with the lack of required replay, you feel no strive for perfection, self-limiting any replay value.

I think the point Fellow is trying to make is that once you've collected/accomplished everything there's nothing to do that's new so the game gets old fast. That's the same with any platformer I find. Don't get me wrong, I'm 23 and I'll still play Sonic 3 and Knuckles once in a while, but it just doesn't have the same thrill that it did the first few times I played it. It's even the same with recent games. I loved SMG and I got all 242 stars, but even playing through again as Luigi felt tiresome.

I find that the only games that have great reply value are multiplayer games. My friends and I will still play Smash 64 or Perfect Dark, or Goldeneye from time to time.
biggrin.gif
On the other hand, the only way I can truely enjoy a single player game again, is if I leave it alone for a long time, so I forget small details. The rediscovery is brilliant. I'm doing that with SMG at the moment, I'm letting my partner play as player one (she's getting there bless her lol!) to try an old game from a new perspective.

D

Deleted-247497

i only got up to like 97 stars in galaxy (i know shame) but dayam getting those stupid purple coins is just....not fun. i with they wouldn't put that stuff in the games its just hard but not fun hard its just hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay