Zorua

I'm not a furry.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3zh2N.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a solid relaunch of the tragic Final Fantasy XIV, and Square Enix would love to put it in the hands of as many players as possible. Those potential subscription fees are paying for this game to be developed twice, after all.

However, despite Final Fantasy XI launching on the Xbox 360, Square Enix has snubbed the Microsoft audience with the release of its most recent MMORPG, mostly because Microsoft’s policy is not to share servers with other platforms.

Both Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV have always been seen as a way to allow anybody from around the world a chance to play together, despite language barriers and taste in consoles by Square Enix. Director Naoki Yoshida says that while the PlayStation 3 and PC versions are compatible with one another, Microsoft would not play ball.

:arrow: Source

Guess those fancy dedicated servers are going to cry themselves to sleep. Not a huge Final Fantasy fan myself, but this is another reason to not get an Xbox One.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a massive fan of the series, but that is still a huge blow to Microsoft. We all know how rabid the FF community is, the game is considered a "console seller" for them, but since its been cross platform it really never had a dedicated area.

Idk ... im kinda confused on what to say, because i know each system will sell but it just feels like the X1 is so far behind the PS4 right now, even with exclusives for each library.

I want healthy competition between the consoles, because it forces them to produce better exclusives for the system.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the one of the same several reasons the PS4 version of DCU:online is rumored to be the PC version in cloud mode. Also by having shared servers for mulitplatforms they decrease the amount of servers needed slightly. This leads to savings in other areas, like cooling, power and space.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing this since the old version that died off and am now in the beta for the new version. They've said this since the beginning about the 360 and why there's no planned version for it. The difference between PC and PS3 right now in beta is a major one graphics-wise, maybe even more than FFXI was between PS2 and PC. Not having it on 360 isn't that much of a loss.

It's quite a different game from the version that was around 2 years ago. Open beta is getting close and release is still the end of August. They've changed about 80% of the entire game, from core battle mechanics to an entire graphical overhaul.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, considering how disastrous the FF XIV launch was, I can't exactly blame Microsoft for not bending over backwards to snag the game.

Square Enix seems to be getting their shit together with the relaunch, but you know, it's two years too late. If you didn't have anything worth launching, you shouldn't have launched until you did. I really have to wonder how well the game will perform even with all the enhancements - and if they would have been better off just giving the game a mercy kill and starting fresh.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you didn't have anything worth launching, you shouldn't have launched until you did.

Given the amount of abuse google have given the term beta over the years, MS doing similar things, half the stuff in the mobile markets and other aspects of mmos, the rabid nature of FF MMO peoples, the rabid nature of FF fans in general (there are people willing to say they like the post 9 games and call the post 6 ones uncontested masterworks after all) then I can not entirely blame SE for giving it a punt.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I honestly don't get why microsoft isn't simply allowing it. It would be a piece of cake convincing them to make the pc version windows only (or even windows 8 only). And AFAIK, microsoft still makes that windows operating system thingy. It would also give people more reasons to go online, which is something they kind of wanted just a short time ago.

Also: am I missing some sources? Because I don't see a single mention of the xbox one, or even next-gen (I'm assuming they're talking about the xbox360). No idea how that pops up all of the sudden...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety