Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
After hearing of problems regarding Microsoft's Xbox Live policy, it seemed hopes for Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox 360 were dead in the water. But now the game's producer has offered a glimmer of hope for 360 owners, even if it is a faint one.

Speaking to VG247, producer Hiromichi Tanaka said that Square-Enix hasn't given up yet. "We're still talking with Microsoft at the moment so there is no update as to when we'll start again," he said. Tanaka reiterated that Microsoft's strict Xbox Live policies are still the main point of contention. But when pressed on whether the game was canceled, he claimed it is merely paused.

Xbox 360 owners may still get a chance to explore Eorzea, but at this point the PlayStation 3 and PC will get a head start. The game is due out on September 30, and the conflict with Live has halted production on the Xbox 360 version of the game for months. At the very least, the PS3 console version is a de facto timed exclusive -- if a 360 version comes at all.

Source

Not that I really care, I wouldn't buy it anyway. But odds are if it does well on the PS3 they'll jump through a few hoops for a Xbox 360 version.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
While I was a bit peeved about FFXIII being ported and 'dumbed down' because of the 360, I'll admit I'm happy about this. It'll mean more players online, huzzah!

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Scott-105 said:
I really couldn't care less if it came to 360 or not. I didn't like XIII and I probably won't like this either.

unsure.gif

There is a HUGE difference between these 2 games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
While I was a bit peeved about FFXIII being ported and 'dumbed down' because of the 360, I'll admit I'm happy about this. It'll mean more players online, huzzah!

It wasn't really dumbed down. In fact, it was lucky it came to the system at all. It's a massive game in size. It's the second Xbox 360 game to use 4 discs (the first being Lost Odyssey). If anything we should be thankful. And the Xbox 360 version just had some bugs and the graphics weren't as good (considering the PS3 does have better graphics for most multiconsole games this should be no surprise), otherwise it was fine. Just sayin'.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The title is misleading, it has NEVER been announced for 360, only SquEni said they'd probably wouldn't due to closed LIVE structure. The title makes it sound as if it was announced.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
The title is misleading, it has NEVER been announced for 360, only SquEni said they'd probably wouldn't due to closed LIVE structure. The title makes it sound as if it was announced.
Rofl Squinei.

I have a PS3, and if I have the money, I'm gonna get it. I'm an avid Final Fantasy Dragon Quest RPG fan, and I'll get any game in the main series.

Eh.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Slyakin said:
Goli said:
Rofl Squinei.

I have a PS3, and if I have the money, I'm gonna get it. I'm an avid Final Fantasy Dragon Quest RPG fan, and I'll get any game in the main series.

Eh.
Japanese media don't say SE they say ???? (sukueni), which I like more than SE, since it sounds so bland, that's why I said SquEni
tongue.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Slyakin said:
Goli said:
Rofl Squinei.

Eh.
Japanese media don't say SE they say ???? (sukueni), which I like more than SE, since it sounds so bland, that's why I said SquEni
tongue.gif
But sir, Squinei is now my favorite word.

D

Deleted_171835

More reason for me to choose a PS3 instead of a 360.
My PC is too crappy to run it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately the game is doomed to be bad anyways.
With no PvP the game has absolutely no lasting appeal. You'll get to endgame, get bored, and quit.
or if it's like the first FF MMO...you'll play for 5 years, finally reach level 2, realize the game is retarded amounts of grind...and quit.

But anyways, MMO's on a console is just terrible. PSO is alright since it's so simple.
But otherwise...no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty +1