Final Fantasy XIII-2

mister_C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
FF started going downhill since 7. 'Nuff said.

Amen to that. But for me, the SNES FFVI was the pinaccle of the series. With FFVII, while a surperb game, when I see the game's 3D graphics now, it reminds me those programmers were probably still not completely comfortable with programming 3D games.

FFVI goes to show that when executed properly, even 2D sprites and sythesized music can send chills down the spine. (For a lack of the proper name of the level, the pipe organ "dark world" map theme music scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, and probably still would if I played again lol).

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they're adding more games onto their plates. I don't hate XIII, I actually like it more than XII. But where's Versus XIII and Agito..I mean Type-0. I think they planned this when they were finishing up XIII

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not bothering unless I read somewhere that is has all that 13 was missing.
I played until disc 2... then I just kind of quit because of how annoying it was without any of the traditional elements.. oh and the repetitive "hit a to win the battle"

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to finish it, but I'm pissed at how hard they made the Eidolons (Freaking Bahamut)

I liked the linear gameplay, but then again, id rather have an autoplay cheat, and just watch the story unfold.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
VentusVanitas said:
I'm trying to finish it, but I'm pissed at how hard they made the Eidolons (Freaking Bahamut)

I liked the linear gameplay, but then again, id rather have an autoplay cheat, and just watch the story unfold.

The trailer I watched of 13-2 kind of spoiled the ending of the game for me but now I have to play it to see if what I'm thinking is right or wrong.

Whisky1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I think that FFXIII was a really good game. A lot of people are bitching about linearity but square enix themselvs admitted that such enviroments as we saw in previous games (I-IX) on new age graphics are almost impossible to achive. It would take too much time to render so many maps an places in modern graphics. They tried to do something similar when they opened the world to us on Gran Pulse. And the cid stone missions are there as side quests. So they did what they could. The story is the best since VII and that is a fact. This game is 10 times better than FFX (1000 thuder bolts dodging anyone?).

So yes I am really exciting about new final fantasy games as long as they keep the JRPG formula. I am not interested in the Tactics and 3d person action FFs. So as long as FF stay JRPG in its core, I`ll be happy with every release.

AND LIGHTNING IS HOT!!!!....FANG EVEN MORE
wink.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
FaSMaN said:
This just brings back horrible memory's of X-2 and dress spheres ,there's a reason that FFX took 3 years to make and X-2 only took 1 , this is probably going to be the same.FFX-2 was awesome. It's one of my top games due to the battle system.
But I doubt SE will go down the J-Pop humour line again.QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jan 20 2011, 10:10 PM) I want to see gameplay
dry.gif
I am getting sick of trailers only showing cuts-scenes.
Even though I don't like FFXIII that much, the trailer made me go into fanboy mode.
Fucking SE.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
VentusVanitas said:
Really? You've got an amazing imagination.

I got nothing from the trailer, other than the fact Lightning and some guy want to beat the crap out of each other
The bit at 1:03 where Lightning takes her sword out and with the music.

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
gokujr1000 said:
VentusVanitas said:

The trailer I watched of 13-2 kind of spoiled the ending of the game for me but now I have to play it to see if what I'm thinking is right or wrong.

Really? You've got an amazing imagination.

I got nothing from the trailer, other than the fact Lightning and some guy want to beat the crap out of each other.

Whisky1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Eidilons aren`t that hard. Cast Libra on them and then just do what they want you to do and you will be trough in a few tries. But the bosses (and some random encounters), they sure are hard. Even if you level up to the maximum allowed at the given time you will have a lot of trouble with them. So here is for the ones that say you can beat the game mashing one button. That is BS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo