Gaming Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster confirmed for Localization - Releases March 21st 2014!

solarius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I know I'll get both the PS3 and the Vita versions, I just hope they bundle the vita versions together rather than 2 releases at $40 a pop.
MGS HD collection was great on the Vita even on a single card I expect no less from square.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I'll get both the PS3 and the Vita versions, I just hope they bundle the vita versions together rather than 2 releases at $40 a pop.
MGS HD collection was great on the Vita even on a single card I expect no less from square.
Final Fantasy X and X-2 will be sold seperately.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
New info from Famitsu:
- Japanese voices will be available
- Pre-rendered movies in PS2 version are now in HD and look much improved
- Texture quality improvement for characters and enemies
- Sound quality improvement
- Vita version is split in two because of capacity amount
- Cross-save support is under consideration
- 70% complete

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New info from Famitsu:
- 70% complete
70% complete sounds like a Summer release to me :D Just like when we heard about KH3D

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New info from Famitsu:
- 70% complete
I feel like this means that the Vita version will have the two discs included in one box, rather than two separate full-price games like solarius mentioned earlier.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
No they already announced that it will be 2 separate games on the Vita. What Thug posted was the reason why it wasn't on one game card.

Although they could've just made what you said..

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this means that the Vita version will have the two discs included in one box, rather than two separate full-price games like solarius mentioned earlier.

Probably not. I'm guessing one of them will be retail (probably FFX HD) and X-2 can be bought on the store.

For the record the Vita got MGS HD at the same price as the consoles but it completely lacked Peace Walker.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, i cried at the end of FFX but i doubt that i will play it again in HD.
I spend more than 200 hours with FFX and still didn't got all Dark Aeons so i got pissed off :P
I loved the intro of FFX-2 bit never brought it over me to finish it, left it alone somewhere after 30% of the game.
Apart that, looks great in HD.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed. It's just a remaster, so I guess I shouldn't have expected too much... but come on! It's Final Fantasy X! Certainly one of the best Final Fantasy games and at the same time one of my top three favorite video games of all time. The game simply deserves a better treatment. Actually I was already disappointed when I first heard that it wasn't going to be a remake, but only a remaster, but I still hoped for Square Enix to make the best out of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't even stop there. I'm pretty sure those sub titles in the video were taken straight from the German version of the original game which suggests that they're just going to reuse that same translation. Everyone who played that version of the game knows how unfitting the translation is (I want to avoid calling it "bad" because it wasn't based on the English dub, which was used in the German version). I hoped they would at least make a new translation that's more fitting.

Now pretty much my only hope left is that the game will at least run in its intended speed instead of the slowed down speed of the PAL version. And probably some minor gameplay improvements... but wait, naaah. That's not going to happen, we're talking about Square Enix here.

Well, at least now I don't have to get a PS3 for it.

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
l_5152bc73ce5a5.jpg

Looking good!

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
For the record the Vita got MGS HD at the same price as the consoles but it completely lacked Peace Walker.

Really? Weird... Over here, it's £32 for the PS3 HD Collection and £24 for the Vita version with the option of buying any of the games by themselves for £12. I was kinda hoping Square Enix would follow that pattern and only charge £12 each for FFX and FFX-2, but then I remembered that this is Square Enix we're talking about. They're still charging £16 for Third Birthday and Dissidia Duodecim, so they'll more than likely charge around £30 each for FFX and FFX-2.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.