Final Fantasy VIII Unofficial patch?

earlynovfan

Delusional
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever made a patch for Final Fantasy VIII where the enemies don't scale with you?

Me and my friend were discussing this. I wish Square would give it an entire revamp.

Thought? Opinions?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't say I've heard of such a patch but this game has the ability to be beaten at a very low level if you know how to abuse the system. easiest way is to devour/card the monsters you meet to have the gf's learn the skills to utilize the junction and conversion abilities. Then take those cards to make items/magic to enhance your characters. Heck I got a file where I played card games for 15 hours (one hour of story, just enough to get ifrit) so Whenever I wanna breeze through the game with OP characters and optimal weapons for everyone I can.

I know this game gets a lot of flak for it's unorthodox style of foraging for everything, including what you equip, but if taken enough time to understand how everything works you can literally control every aspect of your play-through and that's what keeps me coming back.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever made a patch for Final Fantasy VIII where the enemies don't scale with you?

Me and my friend were discussing this. I wish Square would give it an entire revamp.

Thought? Opinions?

Have you tried the Qhimm forums? There are a lot of mods for Final Fantasy VII and VIII on there.

Can't say I've heard of such a patch but this game has the ability to be beaten at a very low level if you know how to abuse the system. easiest way is to devour/card the monsters you meet to have the gf's learn the skills to utilize the junction and conversion abilities. Then take those cards to make items/magic to enhance your characters. Heck I got a file where I played card games for 15 hours (one hour of story, just enough to get ifrit) so Whenever I wanna breeze through the game with OP characters and optimal weapons for everyone I can.

I know this game gets a lot of flak for it's unorthodox style of foraging for everything, including what you equip, but if taken enough time to understand how everything works you can literally control every aspect of your play-through and that's what keeps me coming back.

Every try fighting super-bosses at level 100? Don't.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried the Qhimm forums? There are a lot of mods for Final Fantasy VII and VIII on there.

Every try fighting super-bosses at level 100? Don't.
the only super boss i've ever attempted at high level was omega and that was because my strategy involves getting gf's asap. The thing about omega though is he is a cakewalk if prepared for the fight. Heck; one aura stone and a hero will net selphie's "the end" and remove him if lucky. if not, he has a strict pattern that repeats ad infinite. the only real trouble is whether you want to permanently remove cards for the strategy or not like converting laguna's card.

To me Tonberry king is the hardest battle but like I said this game values those who abuse it rather than those who play it like any other rpg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?