Hacking PS1/2 PSX Disc Combining Kits not working

ellectroide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Shaolin Assassin's Disc Combining Kits to combine several PSX games, but .VCD files made from those that require using cd2dvd.bat and/or lba_script.bat either bug out on the disc select screen (Final Fantasy VII) or freeze on the "Published by Sony Computer Entertainment" screen (Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Parasite Eve II).

cd2dvd.bat gives me a compatibility warning after it runs the executable, but I have no way of verifying whether compatibility mode works since I can't get the executables to work inside a Windows 7 VM. Meanwhile lba_script.bat used to give an error message saying it required certain .dll files, but no longer makes that popup. The .bin files that get output usually end up being several hundred MB larger than the size stated in the readme as well, but I don't know if that's what was meant by "about" N.NN GB.

Does anyone know what the point of failure might be? Do I need to figure out the VM; do I need to find out why it doesn't ask me about those .dll files anymore? I'd ask for help on PS2 Home, but they seem to have banned my IP address for refreshing the site too much (?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.