Deleted User

OP

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overrated, maybe, but you gotta admit, this game has an amazing soundtrack.

IIRC the PC version was ill received because of a poorly compressed soundtrack.

But I thought the "saying FFVII is overrated makes you cool" train left the station a long time ago.

Personally I really don't care, if I want to play it I have a PSP and it'll be coming to the Vita soon enough. Never really found the game too interesting either.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Adding to the achievement ideas, 'Dude looks like a Lady' - Get picked as the most beautiful girl by Don Corneo.

Unless they're upgrading the graphics to make everything look better, I'm giving this a pass in spite of the nostalgia factor.

Reactions: 2 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The domain registration and some info gotten off a cached version of the site... these were reported a while back, but it's good to see confirmation.

Anyways I really hope they don't port it.
  • The sound system they used (MIDI with a "custom" instrument bank, needing to install the Yamaha XG software) is old and they could use a different kind of sampling technology or just compressed-format tracks (OGG or whatever) nowadays since there's a lot more harddrive space to go around.
  • The models and such are low-poly and crappy. Even if they do a port of the engine I hope the models at least get subdivided or something.
  • The background resources are noticeably low-resolution. Same sort of deal as with the models, only there's no shorthand fix as any sort of upscaling filter used would be obvious.
And that's just off the top of my head. This isn't a semi-recent game, it's a game with low-quality resources that looks kind of bad even compared to other games on the same system.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should just use the non-defiled PSF/MiniPSF format for the sound and not the crappy Micosoft/MIDI sound drivers, they suck balls. Add Z-buffering in the polygons to make up for the Playstation's polygonal Parkinson's (the jittery movement in animation), and they should forego the stupid noob level boost to 99 bull crap. That "enhancement" right there practically kills the game before its release.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't mind the Character Boost button, if you don't like it, just don't use it.

Never played FF VII, heard many good things about it, will give it a try. Will be massively overrated probably, but hey, you never know.

It's the best Final Fantasy game.
Ff6-logo.jpg

Say what?
FF6 is horribly overrated and it's just an okay FF game. FF5 is a lot better than it, just to name one.

Reactions: 1 person

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm glad that they decide to make a new version of it, I just hope it's not too limited in terms of available platforms.
The PC version back then was a step in the right direction, except nowadays it's easier to get an emulator for the PS version running instead.

VII is the most overrated game ever.

Oh, the most overrated ever in the history of all video games ever made?
What about every modern shooter and every sports game?

It's ridiculous how people can give square hell for making ~15 JRPGs, each with a new setting, story and features and a hundred hours of gameplay, and then be okay, or even happy, with EA and similar huge publishers shitting out the exact same game every year with nothing being different except slightly fancier graphics, less hours of gameplay per $/€ paid and more bullshit DRM&DLC and then being celebrated and having money thrown at them left and right as a reward for making an extra shitty product.

Reactions: 11 people

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that they decide to make a new version of it, I just hope it's not too limited in terms of available platforms.
The PC version back then was a step in the right direction, except nowadays it's easier to get an emulator for the PS version running instead.

VII is the most overrated game ever.

Oh, the most overrated ever in the history of all video games ever made?
What about every modern shooter and every sports game?

It's ridiculous how people can give square hell for making ~15 JRPGs, each with a new setting, story and features and a hundred hours of gameplay, and then be okay, or even happy, with EA and similar huge publishers shitting out the exact same game every year with nothing being different except slightly fancier graphics, less hours of gameplay per $/€ paid and more bullshit DRM&DLC and then being celebrated and having money thrown at them left and right as a reward for making an extra shitty product.

Quoted for truth! Quoted for truth!

Reactions: 1 person

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Huhh.... What's the "Character Booster" button? Looks like it can max your HP/MP/Gil instantaneously with a single button press... It's something like a "super-ultra n00b mode cheat" or what?
I hope it unlocks everyones' limit breaks, as well.
I never did see Aeris' level 4 limit break. Come to think of it, I don't think I've even seen her level 3, for that matter.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Huhh.... What's the "Character Booster" button? Looks like it can max your HP/MP/Gil instantaneously with a single button press... It's something like a "super-ultra n00b mode cheat" or what?
I hope it unlocks everyones' limit breaks, as well.
I never did see Aeris' level 4 limit break. Come to think of it, I don't think I've even seen her level 3, for that matter.
I always get it on Disc 1! :P Guess I'm too much of a grinder... especially if I have a level 70 Cloud at the start of disc 3. But I just don't notice myself doing it :(

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/
Might be able to replace remake in that article with port and it'd end the FF series. Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favourite games in the series, but I hate how the budget for Xenogears was cut for it. I'd say that the latter was generally a better game, to be honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...