Final Fantasy VII NES Hack Released, confirmed working on NesDS

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you follow the instructions and patch a clean rom? did you, by mistake, use both patches? are you using an emu with mapper 163 support?

Yeah, try a few different emulators. I tried the original and the english patched rom on nester mac, and they worked fine, but the full game did not work on that emulator. The same patched ROM worked on my DS and Wii, though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
a few people are reporting that the final patch doesn't work on emus which previously supported it. there are some translation suggestions, materia name suggestions, and even a few bugs that have popped up. perhaps when those fixes are applied the patched rom/emu issue will get looked at.

-another world

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few people are reporting that the final patch doesn't work on emus which previously supported it. there are some translation suggestions, materia name suggestions, and even a few bugs that have popped up. perhaps when those fixes are applied the patched rom/emu issue will get looked at.

-another world
It may be a question of whether the patch is now abusing some inaccurate emulation, or perhaps has some new code which faulty emulators can't accurately follow up on.

Such is an issue when developing mainly with an emulator rather than hardware :(

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
It's impressive to say the least. But I lol'ed when I faced Tonberry's and Marlboro's before the first reaktor. They spammed Holy on me (it seems to be a low power spell in this game).
With all the work they've put into this, it's a litle bit of a letdown that they totally destroy the epicness of powerful enemies and spells by having you face them right on.
The music is not spot on but they have done a better job then what I expected with some tracks. But sometimes it's better to turn the sound off if you don't want an headache.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
But I lol'ed when I faced Tonberry's and Marlboro's before the first reaktor.

apparently there is no way to control the random enemy placement. it looks like it would need an asm hack or something beyond the skill set of the current rom hacker. the level of difficulty in some areas is much higher than it should be due to this problem. i was headed to the second avalanche mission and got bombarded with 5 enemy fights all much more powerful than my weak party and their 15 potions.

-another world

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried playing it on nesds but it doesnt work. I can't even play the original rom either.. Maybe I'm jut not getting the right download.
Really wanted to play on my ds.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tried playing it on nesds but it doesnt work. I can't even play the original rom either.. Maybe I'm jut not getting the right download.
Really wanted to play on my ds.

i'm playing it on NesDS daily. the problem is something on your end. did you verify the rom by CRC as being clean? the two most popular names and the clean chinese rom crc value are in the first post. you must apply the patch to the correct clean chinese rom or it won't work. you must also be sure that you do not apply both patches found in the download. the author should not have included both patches, it is only confusing everyone.

-another world

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i didnt see this anywhere but what is the rom we must use to patch? im new to this whole thing and i really wanna play this.

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know whats wrong, I can't seem to run it on my nesds emulator, I was able to run the patched rom fine on my pc. It's just a black screen on my ds

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know whats wrong, I can't seem to run it on my nesds emulator, I was able to run the patched rom fine on my pc. It's just a black screen on my ds

I just ran it fine on my ds running nesds. only thing is im missing the background when in battle and my letters seem to be cut off just a bit, and i cant run (used lunar patch with the final version patch.)

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then I have no idea whats wrong.. As I can run the patched rom fine on VirtualNESex. I can run the patched and clean file fine on my pc but patched/clean doesn't work on nesds, just a black screen pops up.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then I have no idea whats wrong.. As I can run the patched rom fine on VirtualNESex. I can run the patched and clean file fine on my pc but patched/clean doesn't work on nesds, just a black screen pops up.

Did you check the CRC number before the patch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also