Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EGM reviewed it too, gave it a B.

The Good: Classic RPG, more polished than the FFIII remake.
The Bad: 3D style feels pokier than the 2D original, ultimately superflourous.
Farewell, My Easytype: Hope you like your RPGs challenging!

There's the run down on the side besides the actual review.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They also say that the graphics of the game are top-notch, some of the best seen on the DS yet
smile.gif

Gimme!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gaisuto said:
EGM reviewed it too, gave it a B.

The Good: Classic RPG, more polished than the FFIII remake.
The Bad: 3D style feels pokier than the 2D original, ultimately superflourous.
Farewell, My Easytype: Hope you like your RPGs challenging!

There's the run down on the side besides the actual review.
"pokier"?

klown07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay...yes. We have a websites review, but if anyone has played it yet, I'd like your personal review. I have recently gotten a DS. I am currently playing Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. But I do have Final Fantasy IV. I've only tried it out and watched the intro and cutscene, and gotten into the first battle. So far, as a remake for the ds...I'm impressed. And I was already hooked lol! I wanted to keep playing but I decided to finish what I started with FF XII. It's releasing soon in the US, but I have the Japanese version, patched in english. I don't feel I qualify for a review just yet, but from what I've seen, I like it.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSX version didn't feel any harder than the "easy" SNES release either, and IIRC that was supposed to be based off of the more difficult variant from Japan.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall the PSX FF4 being as easy as the SNES title in the states, but the GBA game I did find was more of a challenge.

I wonder if this one is that tough or even tougher. Either way it's a win.

Also look at that IGN review, they are on file time and again saying they'll dock a 1/2 to a full point for a port/remake so it could in theory be higher. Considering the only whining is over how hard it is, being old school turn based, and that 3D moves slower than 2D...that's hardly a defect list.

klown07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Amen Vampire Hunter D. I like a good challenge. And if you can't hack it, cheat! I never felt more proud or accomplished than when I finally beat Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. That first boss whooped my @$s!!

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Pretty inflated score, in my opinion. The things where some new tweaks were needed the most - the core gameplay and the bold dungeon designs - were kept in an almost copy-pasted manner. The only really worthy addition on this aspect was the (way welcome) Auto Battle.

The game's been released 17 years ago and didn't age really well in lots of his mechanics, yet Matrix and Square-Enix overlooked or (most probably) simply ignored it. =|

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FF4 USA was always way too easy to just whip through. Compared to FF1, 7th saga, and other RPG's around it's time it felt more like mystic quest. Finally with the FF4j translation it's a much longer process, something you must always think about or grind.

my only wish is that the PSP would get some of these remakes. i cant really stand the grainy DS screens anymore...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well don't count on the PSP seeing it being very likely. Square has a tendency to make stuff for the system that isnt a loser. Finally for once it's them ignoring Sony for once which is something new for the last two generations and about time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it