Final Fantasy IV freezing.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TrunksTheMighty, Dec 3, 2010.

Dec 3, 2010
  1. TrunksTheMighty
    OP

TrunksTheMighty Newbie

Hello. I am about 3 or so hours into Final Fantasy IV after the ship wreck, and for some reason (I am playing on M3 Real) I keep getting a double white screen freeze during a random battle. I am using no codes and I disabled soft reset and stuff, is there a patch to fix this? What should I do?

Edit: If it helps I was able to transverse the area, it seems to be isolated to the Area outside Mysidia. I used a no random battles code and was able to get into Mt Ordeals. Have been fighting inside with no problems. On research it seems to be a monster called "Zu" that makes the game freeze.

2. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Try ysmenu because I that also works for m3

3. TrunksTheMighty
    OP

TrunksTheMighty Newbie

Any other suggestion? I really don't wanna swap firmwares unless it is absolutely necessary.

4. Knyaz Vladimir

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    It's better to get YSmenu. Or Wood if it's for M3, but that I'm not too sure about. [​IMG]

5. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Zu were those giant birds if I'm remembering correctly (and a great way to gain experience--you can one hit kill them with Cecil's dark sword). There are palette swapped copies found on the southern continent around Eblan, so if you feel like testing if its limited to that model you could use a cheat to skip over there and see if it freezes.

My advice would be to buy an Acekard. They cost all of $13 and you could keep it around as a backup for the next time a game doesn't work on the other cart.

6. TrunksTheMighty
    OP

TrunksTheMighty Newbie

Yes it does freeze in eblan too. It seems those birds are the cause.

7. DeZaStR

Newcomer DeZaStR Newbie

United States
    Just to chime in quickly, I've been fighting this issue as well. (http://gbatemp.net/t170544-final-fantasy-iv-battles-freeze). I'm currently running Akaio 1.8.1 on Acekard 2.1. I've tried a great number of suggestions to fix this issue, but have had no luck so far.

8. Master_roxas

Newcomer Master_roxas Member

Philippines
    It's just a bad rom. Get a new one from another site. This used to happen to me too.