Gaming Final Fantasy Explorers USA for the win!

• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 5,964
  • Replies 51

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if they have more hp it doesn't change much

Every move they do, they alert you the move name, sometimes even have a circle around the target player showing the range of the move they gonna use.

And you call that challenging?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kind of looks like Monster Hunter, but fun. I know that's a poor comparison as they're very different games, but this might be my first 3DS multiplayer game.

Reactions: Pecrow

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Is it just me or are there other player who don't like these "mass battle games"? Final Fantasy Explorers, Hyrule Warriors, Dragon Quest Heroes (PC) etc. - it seems to be a big trend and every series needs such a "warrior game"...

It's nice when people enjoy these games but I prefer more the original games. Deep stories, big cities with many npc's and longer dialogs, interesting quest with puzzles and minigames etc. (and not these "mmo style missions" like: kill 10 enemies, collect 50 mushrooms, flowers or whatever) :D

Just my personal opinion. ;)

Last edited by Shadowrun97,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or are there other player who don't like these "mass battle games"? Final Fantasy Explorers, Hyrule Warriors, Dragon Quest Heroes (PC) etc. - it seems to be a big trend and every series needs such a "warrior game"...

It's nice when people enjoy these games but I prefer more the original games. Deep stories, big cities with many npc's and longer dialogs, interesting quest with puzzles and minigames etc. (and not these "mmo style missions" like: kill 10 enemies, collect 50 mushrooms, flowers or whatever :D

Just my personal opinion. ;)
I tend to prefer Metroid style games myself, but it's nice to have something to play with friends. That's my main interest in this game, anyway. As good as Project M, F-Zero GX, and Duck Game are, it's nice to branch out sometimes.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kind of looks like Monster Hunter, but fun. I know that's a poor comparison as they're very different games, but this might be my first 3DS multiplayer game.

Considering every monster Hunter except U4 and X are nothing but generic hack in slash games without magic or ablities, I would say yes. It is a very poor compare.

Explorers is more like a dugeon crawler

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like they should have made this an N3DS exclusive. I can't imagine using the dpad for looking around, that just seems like a horrible design choice they tossed in just to be O3DS compatible.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While playing the game I couldn't help compare it to MH4 as it's basically just that. There's a few differences between the games like the ability and monster system but ultimately I was disappointed by the game. There wasn't much of a story to begin with and even as you progress it's just "Do this, do that, new quest so do this". Granted MH4 has the same quest system but it's how everything's executed that makes MH4 better. Not only that but I couldn't shake this feeling that this was once a DS game but ported to the 3DS. The graphics don't look all that great and while playing the game you'll come across many blurry textures that just looks like something from a 3D DS game.

I'm not even a huge MH fan but it's clear the game developers didn't invest as much time into the games design as they should have, it's a clear cut and paste job. Funny enough this isn't the first time SE has tried to make a MH game. Lord of Arcana was released on the PSP and it was actually pretty good. It was still a MH game but there was enough there to differentiate itself from the Monster Hunter series, and it looks better too.

On the plus side Paper Jam recently came out and it goes without saying but it's a better game by far. How far? faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While playing the game I couldn't help compare it to MH4 as it's basically just that. There's a few differences between the games like the ability and monster system but ultimately I was disappointed by the game. There wasn't much of a story to begin with and even as you progress it's just "Do this, do that, new quest so do this". Granted MH4 has the same quest system but it's how everything's executed that makes MH4 better. Not only that but I couldn't shake this feeling that this was once a DS game but ported to the 3DS. The graphics don't look all that great and while playing the game you'll come across many blurry textures that just looks like something from a 3D DS game.

I'm not even a huge MH fan but it's clear the game developers didn't invest as much time into the games design as they should have, it's a clear cut and paste job. Funny enough this isn't the first time SE has tried to make a MH game. Lord of Arcana was released on the PSP and it was actually pretty good. It was still a MH game but there was enough there to differentiate itself from the Monster Hunter series, and it looks better too.

On the plus side Paper Jam recently came out and it goes without saying but it's a better game by far. How far? faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Paper Jam - we had that for almost two months now :P also these two can't really be compared, can they...

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paper Jam - we had that for almost two months now :P also these two can't really be compared, can they...

I mean recent as in how many games have been released since Explorers. Paper Jam came out last year but there hasn't been many games released since. I was comparing the games in terms of overall value, in which case yeah you could compare the two and I'd go with Paper Jam. It's just my opinion though and I'm sure someone will disagree... somehow.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean recent as in how many games have been released since Explorers. Paper Jam came out last year but there hasn't been many games released since. I was comparing the games in terms of overall value, in which case yeah you could compare the two and I'd go with Paper Jam. It's just my opinion though and I'm sure someone will disagree... somehow.
I agree that Paper Jam is great, I finished it mid-december. It was, next to Bowser's Inside Story, the best installment in the franchise in my opinion.
I'm really only playing FF to pass time until Bravely Second drops. :D

Reactions: Vanth88

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my friend is using Rxtools on n3ds but he's having trouble installing final Fantasy explorers cia. It gives him an error whentrying to install. What could be the problem?
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c) is the error he got

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend is using Rxtools on n3ds but he's having trouble installing final Fantasy explorers cia. It gives him an error whentrying to install. What could be the problem?
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c) is the error he got

I use ReiNand 3.2b and I didn't have issues installing the game. I converted the original .3ds to cia and installed it with FBI and had no problems. It's most likely a corrupted cia.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How's the combat feel in comparison? MH always felt clunky and unrefined to me, something that could have benefitted from a better camera and/or lockon system, and that's me playing it with a CPP.

Reactions: chartube12

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the combat feel in comparison? MH always felt clunky and unrefined to me, something that could have benefitted from a better camera and/or lockon system, and that's me playing it with a CPP.

Combat feels simpler and faster compared to the MH series. You can attack just as fast as you can mash the Y button, and abilities are just as fast. Your agility bar doesn't decrease due to being hungry or some nonsense and the bar regenerates rather quickly so you can use abilities quite often. There's also a lock on system that you can initiate by pressing R. You can also shift between different targets/body parts, and if you have a N3DS or Pro Pad you can use the right stick to change the camera/lock on.

Yet... I feel the simplicity of combat comes at a cost. The combat doesn't feel as engaging and it basically just comes down to pressing Y and using abilities, there's really nothing else to it. During bosses you'll want to use your abilities more strategically but most of the time enemies won't put up much of a fight. Have you ever played FF14? It's basically like playing FF14. Sure the combats flashy but after a point it just feels repetitive.

Generally I'd say compared to MH the combat is far less clunky, the camera is better, I like the lock on system, and the games far easier than any MH game to date. Watch a couple videos online and you'll get a real sense of how the combat feels.

Reactions: TecXero

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Combat feels simpler and faster compared to the MH series. You can attack just as fast as you can mash the Y button, and abilities are just as fast. Your agility bar doesn't decrease due to being hungry or some nonsense and the bar regenerates rather quickly so you can use abilities quite often. There's also a lock on system that you can initiate by pressing R. You can also shift between different targets/body parts, and if you have a N3DS or Pro Pad you can use the right stick to change the camera/lock on.

Yet... I feel the simplicity of combat comes at a cost. The combat doesn't feel as engaging and it basically just comes down to pressing Y and using abilities, there's really nothing else to it. During bosses you'll want to use your abilities more strategically but most of the time enemies won't put up much of a fight. Have you ever played FF14? It's basically like playing FF14. Sure the combats flashy but after a point it just feels repetitive.

Generally I'd say compared to MH the combat is far less clunky, the camera is better, I like the lock on system, and the games far easier than any MH game to date. Watch a couple videos online and you'll get a real sense of how the combat feels.
I haven't played FFXIV, but the main friend I intend to play this with loved FFXIV. I'll have to try it out myself, it still sounds preferable to me over MH. Thank you.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
16 hours into the game. Played with a bunch of viewers on my stream last night for over 5 hours.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have played it for a couple of hours now. It's more fun than MH games. But when I play this game I am always falling asleep. Not because it's boring. But it gets me sleepy ^^

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have played it for a couple of hours now. It's more fun than MH games. But when I play this game I am always falling asleep. Not because it's boring. But it gets me sleepy ^^

If a game makes you sleepy it usually means that it's boring lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_