• Total voters

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drigz said:
It is obvious that Echoes of Time is greater because Ring of Fates is slowing down mostly on multiplayer (retail game)
Echoes of Time has some rather serious slowdown as well when played over Wifi. And when it first came out at least, there was actually some very very annoying control lag and player desyncing issues. Basically, the Square Enix servers were very glitchy and you would have players seeing heavily delayed actions from the other player as well as buttons only responding several seconds after you press them. Very very annoying. I'm not sure if this issue was ever fixed either...

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Blah Blah Blah abunch of text.
I don't think in an EoT vs RoF topic, I've ever seen anyone describe that in EoT, anyone race can do any challenge, while in RoF, a puzzle/challenge may be unique to one race.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both have their pros and cons - Personally, I keep both on my MicroSD card.

I picked Echoes of Time because I like the WiFI play - the Gladiators quests are great fun. People complain about the lag, but you get used to it if you play the WiFi much. If you find the lag that much of a problem, host the game yourself. The person hosting gets less lag.

Echoes of Time's cutscenes were horible. I prefer the non-prerendered cutscenes.

Ring of Fates is fun too, but once you beat the game it isnt near as much fun - few games are fun the second time around. If it had WiFi play I would like it too.

Even if you find Echoes of Time "too easy" there are nice cheats that let you switch the game to "Hard" "Very Hard" "Very Hard 2" "Very Hard 10" etc. On Very Hard 10, the weakest enemies do a lot of damage.

/me hopes they make another FFCC game for the DS or 3DS when it comes out - the FCCC series is one of the few I actualy enjoy. There are too few Action-RPGs in the style of FFCC for the DS. I like Hack'n'Slash Action-RPGs rendered in full 3D, real time battle system (preferably without a switch to a seperate screen)

It would be AWESOME if when the 3DS comes out they made a port of the FFCC game for the GameCube to it!

biggrin.gif

...wow this is a long post lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases