Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Taziz said:
Yigor said:
rdeal said:
If they had a protection they would have put it in every version not just one.What you think they sat there and said we will let them pirate it in japan but not the usa and they would have stopped the game at the title screen not at random times and don't give me crap that they wanted people to demo it

i dont give you anything, you r free to believe what ya want... and i am tired of posting what people dont want to see/read/hear...
dude your probably very tired you got like 6 posts wau you shoud take it easy get a bear
grog.gif
or else we might loose you

ye right you are
grog.gif

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yigor said:
Taziz said:
Yigor said:
rdeal said:
If they had a protection they would have put it in every version not just one.What you think they sat there and said we will let them pirate it in japan but not the usa and they would have stopped the game at the title screen not at random times and don't give me crap that they wanted people to demo it

i dont give you anything, you r free to believe what ya want... and i am tired of posting what people dont want to see/read/hear...
dude your probably very tired you got like 6 posts wau you shoud take it easy get a bear
grog.gif
or else we might loose you

ye right you are
grog.gif

I don't want conjectures, I need proof, so don't go around posting that you know that it's protection or that we don't want to hear it. Without proof you are probably the one that doesn't want to "see/read/hear". I'm staying neutral. But you haven't shown some proof.

Yigor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
I don't want conjectures, I need proof, so don't go around posting that you know that it's protection or that we don't want to hear it. Without proof you are probably the one that doesn't want to "see/read/hear". I'm staying neutral. But you haven't shown some proof.

ok, on detail for you:

the moogle nag screen isnt shown anywhere in the game if you just play the retail (not even in the end of the game). if you take hugecocks dump and play it on a recent $nogba, you will be fine too. if you play it on your ds using a cyclo ds evo, you still be fine, cause the cyclo ds uses the clean rom so its like you play from the retail chip. there are some other slot1 devices which handle this like the evo, not sure thou wich those are. and now to the point: if the hugecocks clean rom dump is altered in any way, there seems to be a detection routine (whatever it checks for, maybe CRC, maybe md5 hash) which occurs roundabout 20 mins or sometimes random (depends on which stage in the game you are...) and then youll get the nag screen, btw: there is a threat, maybe 60 pages, where ppl explain this much better than me...

ok, and now iam gonna drink more beer,
grog.gif
, cheers

Primworm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yigor said:
QUOTE said:

ok, on detail for you:

the moogle nag screen isnt shown anywhere in the game if you just play the retail (not even in the end of the game). if you take hugecocks dump and play it on a recent $nogba, you will be fine too. if you play it on your ds using a cyclo ds evo, you still be fine, cause the cyclo ds uses the clean rom so its like you play from the retail chip. there are some other slot1 devices which handle this like the evo, not sure thou wich those are. and now to the point: if the hugecocks clean rom dump is altered in any way, there seems to be a detection routine (whatever it checks for, maybe CRC, maybe md5 hash) which occurs roundabout 20 mins or sometimes random (depends on which stage in the game you are...) and then youll get the nag screen, btw: there is a threat, maybe 60 pages, where ppl explain this much better than me...

ok, and now iam gonna drink more beer,
grog.gif
, cheers

You know, to back your story up, you could have posted the story where you got this info. Im not one to believe people unless they know what they are talking about, or have info to back their story. Also, and I'm not trying to pick on a new member, and i dont have many posts so this probably means nothing, but I tend not to believe anything people with single digit posts. Its one of those things where you think they signed up to post in that topic, and thats it. I just refuse to believe that it would be implemented in one version, and not the other, mainly because I believe with some programing knowledge, you could use both roms, and create a version which is perfectly playable.

Then again, I know nothing on actually programing something, but this seems possible.

Yigor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
You know, to back your story up, you could have posted the story where you got this info. Im not one to believe people unless they know what they are talking about, or have info to back their story. Also, and I'm not trying to pick on a new member, and i dont have many posts so this probably means nothing, but I tend not to believe anything people with single digit posts. Its one of those things where you think they signed up to post in that topic, and thats it. I just refuse to believe that it would be implemented in one version, and not the other, mainly because I believe with some programing knowledge, you could use both roms, and create a version which is perfectly playable.

Then again, I know nothing on actually programing something, but this seems possible.

you may read that whole threat http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77990, and afterwards you may play the jap version, and then you come back here and have a drink too
grog.gif

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not protection because the game is still playable. I am at the ???? part right after beating the boss at the Sin Island (or whatever it's called, its a huge fire place). If SE could really put some sort of protection on the game, they would completely lock it out after the first dungeon, or maybe not even allow the game to run.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yigor, the same explanation can be used to ask why doesn't it affect all carts that patch such as DS-xtreme. Obviously it could be a loader bug. As mentioned in these 60 pages does exist a counterargument.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rdeal said:

I'm sorry, that's just stupid. They've done this before where one release will be without and one will be with, the development time between the J version and the US versions are quite long. When they are changing text or whatever, I'm sure they have time to implement small protections here and there. The US versions tend to have protection because there such a big market for that particular version especially if you're pirating it places like Europe would jump on the US version. There is a link somewhere in the threads about Earthbound, if you look it up you'll see that the game was also playable, but crippling when actually played, just like this protection scheme.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If we think hard, the production times do and should have a big value, but it's irrelevant. How hard is it to download all the known firmware of a flashcart such as cycloDS and finding an exploit in order to protect you rom. It wouldn't make sense.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkSpace said:
If we think hard, the production times do and should have a big value, but it's irrelevant. How hard is it to download all the known firmware of a flashcart such as cycloDS and finding an exploit in order to protect you rom. It wouldn't make sense.

They just need to irritate people enough that they actually go buy the game. Again, it's been done before. Why would it be any different now on a new system with a new game?

Primworm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yigor said:
QUOTE said:

you may read that whole threat http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77990, and afterwards you may play the jap version, and then you come back here and have a drink too
grog.gif

What makes you think I wasn't threating you, nor anything close to it. I was just stating my views on what you had said, and my thoughts on how I tend to believe posts. If I was threatening you, I'd feel like a jerk for doing it cause I'm a fairly laid back person who gets along with everyone.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jiggah said:
rdeal said:

I'm sorry, that's just stupid. They've done this before where one release will be without and one will be with, the development time between the J version and the US versions are quite long. When they are changing text or whatever, I'm sure they have time to implement small protections here and there. The US versions tend to have protection because there such a big market for that particular version especially if you're pirating it places like Europe would jump on the US version. There is a link somewhere in the threads about Earthbound, if you look it up you'll see that the game was also playable, but crippling when actually played, just like this protection scheme.

No, actually what he's saying makes sense. If they could do that kind of protection they wouldn't let you go far, or even play the game. And it would work on ALL the different types of cards and emulators. But it's a random glitch on a few cards and no emulators. Honestly, if the dev team implemented any kind of protection it would make the game unplayable, for the Japanese versions AND the US/EU versions.

Twezzer08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i sent an email to the m3 team, and all they told me to do is download the new firm ware lol, has any one tried this on 1.12 im sure every one has, but has any one tried it on a much ealier firmware? i tried 1.02 and it didnt work....i was taking a long shot lol, they said they where looking into the game so lets cross out fingers

Rebellion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Primworm said:
Yigor said:
QUOTE said:

you may read that whole threat [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77990]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77990[/url], and afterwards you may play the jap version, and then you come back here and have a drink too
grog.gif

What makes you think I wasn't threating you, nor anything close to it. I was just stating my views on what you had said, and my thoughts on how I tend to believe posts. If I was threatening you, I'd feel like a jerk for doing it cause I'm a fairly laid back person who gets along with everyone.
erm, i think he meant "thread".

Posts merged

bspline said:
Tio BOB said:
QUOTE(Dr4G0nZ @ Mar 13 2008, 11:05 AM)
I have a SC Lite MicroSD too, and I'm not experiencing those problems. Just the "Thank you for playing." message.

At least there is someone else who owns a SC Lite MicroSD
rolleyes.gif

I have the SC lite as well, but all I get is the white screen of death... how are your settings?
My settings are just default. Nothing changed. I'm running the latest firmware, and using 2.65 patcher, if that matters.

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isnt a arm7 bug, arm7 is where the game is bootable but unplayable/unsaveble, which in this case, its just a rom read error or some sort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted