Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ff13battle.jpg

"Final Fantasy XIII is due out this year in Japan. For those who are unfamiliar with its battle system, let's learn about it. Everyday you should learn about something, you know.

Command Stock: Players selection which action they'd like to from a cluster of five "Action" slots.
Cost: Each of these five actions has a number attached to it and denote the number of slots a particular action requires.
Enhanced ATB (Active Time Battle): This refers to the bar under Lightning's name (the one with "444"). Players can perform various actions before it is empty. Commands with higher "Cost" drain the ATB bar faster.
Symbol Encounter: Enemies appear on the game's map. There is no battle screen transition.
Chain & Bonus: Found at the screen's top right. "Chain" refers to the number of consecutive hits inflicted. It's not clear what "Bonus" refers to, but Famitsu thinks it's related to Final Fantasy VII's Limit Break.
Enemy HP: The HP and names of your foes are displayed — unlike previous games."

Source

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds and looks a whole lot like the XII battle system with a dash of the system that was in Chrono Cross, with each action costing some action points. Are the maximum action points limited or do they increase with leveling, etc? Hopefully, they bring out some details about the skill system. Although from what I've seen so far it looks like each character is going to have their own skill list of some sort, as one of released picture shows a girl in a white mage outfit i.e. something akin to FF4 rather than say FF7.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! Sounds cool. I liked FF XII, but I am glad they are going back to a new version of the ATB system. No battle screen transition is the future of RPGs IMO. Chrono trigger was so ahead of its time.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I think this is the first FF game with enemies you can SEE! No random battles!! That's about the only thing I've ever hated... take 3 steps... RANDOM BATTLE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night