Final Fantasy VII & VIII Remastered Twin-Pack out this December

FFVII_FFVIII_Remastered_Header.jpg

Square Enix Ltd. today announced that two of gaming’s most cherished RPGs, FINAL FANTASY VII and FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered will unite in a twin-pack physical release for the Nintendo Switch system in Europe this December.

A timeless classic loved by a legion of fans across the globe, FINAL FANTASY VII is an epic adventure culminating in a battle to decide the fate of the planet which has fallen under the dominion of Shinra Electric Power Company, a sinister corporation monopolizing the world’s energy force. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to an anti-Shinra resistance group calling themselves Avalanche to fight for the planet. In addition to a powerful and emotional storyline, FINAL FANTASY VII also includes:

• 3x Speed Mode: Play through the game with three times the speed.
  • No Encounters: Players will have the ability to turn battle encounters off to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
  • Battle Enhancement Mode
Over 20 years on from the game’s original release, FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered breathes new life into the game’s characters and story like never before. With newly rendered visuals, players step into the shoes of SeeD recruit Squall Leonhart and resistance fighter Rinoa Heartilly as they work together to save the world from the military nation of Galbadia. FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered features the following boosts to enhance the experience even further:

• Battle Assist: The ability to always have maxed out HP and ATB, and trigger Limit Breaks at any time.
  • No Encounters: An enemy encounter option that allows players to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
  • 3x Speed Boost: Play through the game with three times the speed.

The FINAL FANTASY VII and FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered twin-pack will be available for the Nintendo Switch from 4th December and is available to pre-order from select retailers in Europe now. In addition, a boxed version of FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system from 4th December.

FFVII_VIII_NS_2D_PACKSHOT_WITH_CASE_EN.jpg FFVIII_RMST_PS4_2D_With_Case_EN.jpg

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Final Fantasy VII-VIII Twin-Pack Official Site

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Someone please get the guys who make cartridge games a cigarette and a blindfold."

"Possibly the greatest game ever made is available only on PlayStation. Good thing. If it were available on cartridge, it'd retail for around $1,200."

ad.jpg

Square: "We're not expecting to be accepted by Nintendo right away, but we're doing everything to get the relationship positive again."

Nintendo: "They can say whatever they want, but we have no intention of signing a contract, and there's little chance of one being signed in the future."

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/5553/square-responds-to-nintendo

aftermath.jpg

Last edited by zfreeman,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be better if if they added the following for the switch below versus wasting time with 20 year old games

FFXIII
FFXIII-2
FFXIII Lightning Returns
FFXV
FF7 Remake

Reactions: pcwizard7

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They are BOTH on gamecard right????
or is one download code and one gamecard??
or are they both download code??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cuz if it is i gonna buy it just for FF7 cuz thats my favorate

It was on cartridge for asia, so... I guess it's the same for this one ?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Agreed, but there are alot of good games throughout history, they don't all get released repeatedly every other month for every device with a screen.
AFTER ALL every company's after profit, but also thanks to Square's marketing, more and more new audience such like '00 or ''10 kids can appreciate such great heart-touching Adventure game, instead get their mind poisoned by Fortnite or COD.

Reactions: ChronoTrig

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've played both games to completion then you're probably trolling.

If not, then its better think of Remake as a sequel. Its a complement that does not replace the original. That will get more apparent as additional chapters come out.

Ahh, I did research and you are right about additional chapters come out. Thanks.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job.... square enix of europe.

Also, I thought most people hated final fantasy 8 compared to final fantasy 7. I like final fantasy 8 for the writing. Chicken wuss is still funny. :P

Reactions: DS1

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, I love FF7, but I don't really care about owning a physical copy of versions that are little more than an emulator + cheats. If they actually put some effort into "remastering", I'd be more interested.

It's not like anyone actually gives a fuck about Triple Triad though.

I think they released a tangible version of the game in Japan. I vaguely remember buying a card set of it, but that was like 20 years ago.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm confused, these packs have been available on amazon for switch for a while and they are in english.
there was a phsycial English asian version that was imported by many places, but now they are actualy releasing outside of asia the physical version that is too, what you saw were english asian versions, probably the exact same content here tough.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I have a choice. Either I can import the game from Europe, I can import the game from South Korea, or I can stick with my PSX copies.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not like anyone actually gives a fuck about Triple Triad though.
Triple Triad was the best part of FF8, though. You must be thinking of Tetra Master from FF9.

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they have both games already on the stores and they are going to put the on on cartridge/dish. No upgrades from what they have already put out?... both are great games but I don’t see the point to buy them again(again...).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing that's kinda stupid on nintendo's part is the coins situation (if you even care about them). they're tied to account region, so if you're in the USA and you import this from Europe, you won't be able to redeem the coins. I found this out with a game that says USA on the cart, yet isn't USA. it's a conundrum that I even called Nintendo about and they couldn't figure it out either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm