FileTrip site update: Grid View now available!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
We are happy to present an important update on the FileTrip layout, a new display mode called the Grid View. In any of the categories that you visit, you are now able to switch between the List and Grid views. The Grid view becomes particularly useful for categories that require direct visual feedback such as the newly created DSTWO skins category. What's more, the website will remember the settings you use for each category. When you switch modes and come back to the same category later, your view setting is preserved. Check out this new feature by visiting the Supercard DSTWO skins category in Grid view.

Also I have increased the thumbnail size to 100px height in order for this mode to work properly.

Screenshots:
201010070043.jpg

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you need a cache refresh
smile.gif
F5 or Ctrl+F5.

also I'm thinking of making some categories in "grid view" by default, perhaps all the skin categories.
What do you think?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Costello said:
you need a cache refresh
smile.gif
F5 or Ctrl+F5.

also I'm thinking of making some categories in "grid view" by default, perhaps all the skin categories.
What do you think?
Hmm, I did that and it didn't work

edit: now it did
tongue.gif

edit2: yeah, this should be the default for skin categories

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wow, costello you´re fucking awesome ; )

Actually, i´m doing my tesis right now, about PHP DB, and so, so these ideas really help me out!

Thank you very much (and the others admin) for building this site, named GBATemp
wink.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Perhaps it would be a good idea to enable it on homebrew categories as well (at least that's how I seem to remember the old Download Center). That way people can already see what a certain homebrew looks like before they download it only to find it out's nothing like what they expected.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't know, the thing is, most homebrew don't have screenshots in there...
the view is still available if you click "grid mode" but should it be enabled by default? hm... what do you think, everyone?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
I don't know, the thing is, most homebrew don't have screenshots in there...
the view is still available if you click "grid mode" but should it be enabled by default? hm... what do you think, everyone?
probably best not to make it default but start recommending images be placed with the homebrew to get it to the point we can have it as default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1