Hacking Question File Based EmuMMC

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if anyone has it working correctly yet? Not seen confirmation, only of the partition based one.

I have emummc.kip in the atmosphere folder. I have emummc folder with my nand files in. (boot0, boot1 and 00) I have emummc.ini with,

[emummc]
emummc!emummc_enabled = 1
emummc!emummc_path = atmosphere/emummc
emummc!emummc_id = 30

I have booted Hekate and done the fix archive bit part too.

I just boot into standard nand.

EDIT: I am aware they said wait so i don't need telling that...this is a hobby i find it fun.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone has it working correctly yet? Not seen confirmation, only of the partition based one.

I have emummc.kip in the atmosphere folder. I have emummc folder with my nand files in. (boot0, boot1 and 00) I have emummc.ini with,

[emummc]
emummc!emummc_enabled = 1
emummc!emummc_path = atmosphere/emummc
emummc!emummc_id = 30

I have booted Hekate and done the fix archive bit part too.

I just boot into standard nand.

EDIT: I am aware they said wait so i don't need telling that...this is a hobby i find it fun.
Just wait

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope it's ok that I put my request here, since it's about the file based emuMMC.

It should be possible by now to create a file based emuMMC via Hekate, which is nearly as fast as the partition variant. I already use a partition emuMMC, but I wanted to test it anyway. Are there any requirements for booting this emuMMC? Because when I tried to boot it via fusee-primay (AMS 0.13.0) it ends up in a black screen with strange characters. I had experienced something similar with AMS 0.12.0 before, but here the emuMMC up to FW 8.1.0 was still booted (very slowly) and with higher FW versions it came to a black screen. Or can this emuMMC only be booted via Hekate?

Short summary:

file based emuMMC FW 10.0.4 created via Hekate v5.2.1 --> cannot be booted via fusee-primary (AMS 0.12.0) ---> black screen

file based emuMMC FW 10.0.4 created via Hekate v5.3.0 --> cannot be booted via fusee-primary (AMS 0.13.0) ---> black screen witch strange characters

partition emuMMC FW 10.0.4 created via Hekate v5.2.1 / v5.3.0 --> can be booted without problems via fusee-primary (AMS 0.12.0 / 0.13.0)

Last edited by Muxi,

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks, but isn't that the data of the official AMS release of v0.12.0? If I go by the version number, this is the same one I used (before v0.13.0).

The officials don't work yet. This is a fork of AMS 0.12.0, fusee-secondary by Kronos2308, which is working. I use it on firmware 10.0.2 for fast file based emuMMC. At least, this works on 10.0.2.

Last edited by tataniko,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@annson24 & @Muxi

This works well for fast file based emuMMC.
Check it yourself.
Thanks, but isn't that the data of the official AMS release of v0.12.0? If I go by the version number, this is the same one I used (before v0.13.0).

@tataniko I believe this build is prior to the v0.13.0 but after the commit on the new emummc driver, correct? If so, this would be good for the time being until a fix has been made on the official build.

@Muxi replying to your post about ams v0.12.0 not booting file-based emummc; I believe it does boot the emummc, it's just super slow that it will take a few minutes before showing the nintendo logo.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's just super slow that it will take a few minutes before showing the nintendo logo.
This was the case with ams up to and including v0.12.0 and only up to a file based emuMMC on FW 8.1.0. Everything beyond that I could not boot. A retry of the setup under Hekate 5.3.0 and subsequent booting via fusee-primary (ams 0.13.0) resulted in a black screen with strange characters on the right side of the screen. This emuMMC was created from a sysMMC on FW 10.0.4.

However, this emuMMC can be booted via Hekate and is also nearly as fast as the partition variant, but it does not work via fusee-primary. The composition of my CFW still requires booting via fusee-primary, otherwise I could just boot via Hekate.

Last edited by Muxi,

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
@tataniko I believe this build is prior to the v0.13.0 but after the commit on the new emummc driver, correct? If so, this would be good for the time being until a fix has been made on the official build.

Yes, that build has the new fast FS for file based emuMMC, I use it for a month via fusee-primary. I created a reduced size (4gb user partition) file based emuMMC from NAND backup with NxNandManager by eliboa. It works very well.

Reactions: tiliarou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro