outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
errrrrr.... not my type of game...
imma get trolled or raged for this....
I dont really like the look of the trailer, I never liked dungeon crawlers i dont think, on ANY console. I love FPS, but stuff like this.... errrrrr... yeah
Flame Shield ON!

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Rayder said:
I know I sure plan to check it out when it's released. It looks really nice. Looks like the style I preferred to play back in the C64 and early PC days, with much improved graphics of course. The 3D perspective just seems so much more immersive than the standard top-down fare usually found on the DS. And to make my point, the last RPG I could tolerate all the way through on the DS was Eragon, short as it was, because the 3D perspective made me feel more part of the game. I didn't care much for Orcs & Elves, I just sort of lost interest at some point. There was another one, but I can't rem the name that was more like this game on DS.....oh, what was it called? ARG! I can't remember. There was also a GBA version. Anyway, it had the smoother movement (on DS, not the GBA), but it didn't hold my interest.....don't remember why anymore, but I didn't care for it. I'm hoping this one will get me back into playing these sorts of games. If this one doesn't do it for me, then I'm afraid I'm simply burnt-out on RPG's forever.

I think the game you are talking about is Mazes of Fate DS

That being said, it was a very good game and one of my favorites on the DS!

Dark Cloud 2 is my all time favorite ARPG/Dungeon Crawler. It was not for the DS, and in my opinion was one of the best games on the PS2
biggrin.gif

Yes I do want to play this game!!

I loved Dark Cloud 2!

Well, I'm excited for this game too. My belief on why there is little to no hype is, because it's a WRPG based on a tabletop rpg. There's also the fact that's it's not a JRPG with metrosexual characters, and it's not developed by Square, Atlus, or the like. I just hope you don't need to use the touch screen to look around.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to play the chose-your-own-adventure game books as a kid. I even wrote a few of my own. It's what got me into games design and thus onto my current career path. I think I still have Warlock of Firetop Mountain around here somewhere. I hope the DS game can do it justice. The whole CYOA series was pretty damn good, it covered all kinds of areas. I even had a Star Wars CYOA book as a kid. That was awesome.

Anyway, this looks pretty good from what I've seen of it. The DS could use a few more FPA games. And anything that's swords and magic and adventuring gets my attention. I'll be acquiring this as soon as it becomes available. Whether or not it retains a position in my collection is yet to be seen.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Still no confirmation on if it'll be very free-play like Elder Scrolls IV... I wish there would be a definite way of knowing that part. If it doesn't have that and a large world to explore then I probably won't get this game.

EDIT: I only want it in the first place because my comp can't handle Oblivion and I want to reenact classic 4PlayerPodcast stuff. LOL

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be very disappointed if you are expecting Oblivion DS. Sure, it has a similar graphical style it is first person, but it's going to be a dungeon crawler at heart while oblivion had barely any focus in that area.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
You'll be very disappointed if you are expecting Oblivion DS. Sure, it has a similar graphical style it is first person, but it's going to be a dungeon crawler at heart while oblivion had barely any focus in that area.
I was just expecting multiple towns, ability to just f around and such...... That kind of thing.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Curious about this, what i want though, is the Wizardy game they get in Japan, in english.

Can't wait for this one though.

And a Elder Scrolls for the DS? I'd so want that! Couldn't they like.. port the first one or something.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
It was delayed to today.

Gamefly says the release date is the 27th.

Nintendo Power wasn't too kind to the game, though, so I'm not sure what to think at this point. Wait and see, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.