ROM Hack FFVII port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i heard someone was making an FF7 port for DS which sounds ridiculous but i thought i'd ask here if its true anyways. does anyone know anything baout this?

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it's true...

But i would love to see that FF7 game that's coming out for mobile phone to be ported to Nintendo DS.

V

vancitypimp

The only FFVII game coming is FFVII: Crisis Core which is a prequel, but its only for PSP. I would expect to see a remake of FFVII for PS2 before I see it going to either DS or PSP(Although SONY is working on an Official Emu to Run PS1 games for PSP.....)

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just on hardware limitations, would the DS even be able to handle anything close to FF7?

I guess I underestimate the DS a little.

Homebrew would run into legality issues. Nintendo can't do it cause they only have FF licenses to crystal chronicles and the ones not on sony.

Would be nice though.

Reactions: The_True_Darkness

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yer i thought as much just thought i'd ask incase. and off course DS could handle FF7 man
smile.gif
the only thing that will limit it (does that even make sense)is the space of the cards, theres no way they can fit the game on it now.

anyways now that the topic has started, does anyone know if theres any homebrew FF game AT ALL, even if its not out yet but being woked on. just a quick original game featuring FF characters, even if its like a platformer with cloud or squall or some crap, i'd love to play one.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
i've more than heard... I saw screenshots from how textures would look and other ideas the guy had... didn't bookmark his webpage tho
tongue.gif

but i'm pretty sure i found it via some ds homebrew newssite...

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
omg are you serius? did it look good? did he say anything about it being released anytime soon? plz try and remember wat the link was, i must see this.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
i cannot remember.
smile.gif

but maybe it was posted on drunkencoders months ago...
since nothing new has been posted I think the project died...

sblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far I know, the author has canned it, at least to the public's knowledge:
http://www.sylphds.net/ev2/contentview.php?id=358

The last thread about it on GBAdev was locked by his request.

He didn't want Square-Enix to send him a cease and desist order like what happened to the famous Chrono Trigger Resurrection remake project. If he's still working on it, I doubt he'll say anything until he's ready to release something.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yer i thought as much just thought i'd ask incase. and off course DS could handle FF7 man
smile.gif
the only thing that will limit it (does that even make sense)is the space of the cards, theres no way they can fit the game on it now.
Quite wrong. Excluding FMVs, the game is only around 244 MB big (as the WHOLE GAME is on EVERY disc - excluding FMVs). The game is also very old, meaning the compression used on it is quite outdated. And even if they'd keep the compression the same, they would only need a 2048 Mbit-Card, which is only twice as big as any current DS game.

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's actually a Final Fantasy 7 for DS, but it's a remake by NINTENDO, not a port.

That's Final Fantasy III not Final Fantasy VII.
WRONG. Nintendo has annouced a Final Fantasy 7. I'll find the announcment.
Guy, cool it. You had said that there is a FFVII game (seaming to imply that it is already out).
I naturally assumed you were confusing FFVII with FFIII.

Edit: That's FFXII not FFVII; so by all technicalities, you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...