• Views 132,323
  • Replies 625
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
ummm dling the story updates is taking forever & a day to DL via editor

perhaps there is a way to do this quickly, im clocking in at 15 minutes at the moment and only 3 "ticks" done
then don't do it. update db only gets you the things having changed on the server. Fetch db on the other hand gets you the copy of the table on the server. You've used the latter.

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job on the translations, the only issue I'm having is using the Python 0.8 release. When I patch the rom, everything that wasn't translated before (mission text, item descriptions, etc) becomes translated, but the stuff from before (stats, the main menu on startup, and other graphical translations) remain untranslated. Any idea why this could be happening? I make sure to patch with all current files, but it still remains untranslated. (when the older files did translate those sections)

I'd be happy to get up some screenshots to help visualize the problem, just let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

D

Deleted User

OP
[flame about people obviously unable to read]must...not...[/flame]

You could just read the previous page... or http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=FFTA2_Editor and you'd know, that you have to patch the rom with patch 0.1 before patching with the editor
Maybe we should add it as a signature...
Just as a recap :
* Untranslated japanese appears as a)gibberish when not added to the patch b)Stamps with tableid:stringid when patched.
* Graphic is not changed by the editor so if you want the first graphic translation you can use a 0.1 patched rom, anyother patch will not run in the editor.
* If you use the latest editor source don't use fetch db anymore, it's semantics has been changed now it fetch the WHOLE tables from the server which is taking quite a long time. Instead you can use Update DB, but note that is it run at the start of the editor on source releases (disabled in binary).
* Since story was added some crashes have appeared in game. It might be fixable by ensuring all the table you patch are validated using the Validate button of the toolbar.

About my involvement in the project : right now I'm working on adding features to the acekard rpg (to help debugging mainly).

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
error_ffta2.jpg

It happens if I try to patch the ROM with the story tables.
Any chance you know what's causing it?

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
error_ffta2.jpg

It happens if I try to patch the ROM with the story tables.
Any chance you know what's causing it?

Yeah, a mistake on 0.6.8. you've got to choices :
1) download 0.6.8a
2) edit editor.cfg file and add the line "first_load=True"

w00t, didn't realise that there's a new version.
I patched my ROM and everything up to the first mission works great.
The quality of the hacking is impressive. Love what you did with the logos/introduction.
Does the latest editor still require username/password to contribute?

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[flame about people obviously unable to read]must...not...[/flame]

You could just read the previous page... or http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=FFTA2_Editor and you'd know, that you have to patch the rom with patch 0.1 before patching with the editor

Actually, as weird as it sounds, I did read back through the pages and did patch, but only with 0.6 or so, which was my problem. I'll patch with 0.1 and then with the DB to fix everything up, sorry for the miscommunication on my part.
shy.gif

Edit -> Do you only have to patch with 0.1 or can you use updated patches like 0.2.4, etc?

Solariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
only 0.1 will work, since >0.1 will trim the rom thus causing errors in the editor.
but you need only 0.1 since there is nothing but more text translated in the other patches.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm i dunno if this is where i should put this... i think there is a chat thing somewhere but i can't use it so....

crashes, sounds dissapears n then it crashes

some missions and after some battles, i lose sound then it crashes....

i checked the validator and i got quite a few criticals, but not enough time to see if i can fix it (also lacking the know-how)

Quest Result
1 - 18 New Lines added after the logical end of string (thinkin these are the problem)

or maybe its just my fault, as i've got neither the time nor the know-how to re-patch these roms or fix em myself

D

Deleted User

OP
Hmmm i dunno if this is where i should put this... i think there is a chat thing somewhere but i can't use it so....

crashes, sounds dissapears n then it crashes

some missions and after some battles, i lose sound then it crashes....

i checked the validator and i got quite a few criticals, but not enough time to see if i can fix it (also lacking the know-how)

Quest Result
1 - 18Â Â Â Â New Lines added after the logical end of string (thinkin these are the problem)

or maybe its just my fault, as i've got neither the time nor the know-how to re-patch these roms or fix em myself
It's a known issue, and the critical shown in quest result have to be ignored. Most strings use a end of string marker except those ones.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to expand upon deufeufeus explanaton, the quest result strings that you see on-screen after a battle, is made up of 3 strings, each 1 line in length:

this makes up the speach bubble. Thus only the contains the end-of-string markers.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so your saying the crashing game is my fault then? i should just redo the rom n hope for the best? im hoping that'll work, cuz the crashes after battles n missions is gettin on my nerves! lol

or should i just put this game on hold til the issues are fixed? i guess i could put s'more time into a few other games... but i like training up my guys all the time lol

with a code i created im constantly switching races of characters to get as many abilities as possible, i've got most of my guys with Double Sword, but i was thinking of starting over to read the story

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit -> Do you only have to patch with 0.1 or can you use updated patches like 0.2.4, etc?
Now it's quite clear that you haven't read the latest posts before posting....

Or, I may have found out the issue and just not edited, that's all.

Now you've got my brother playing on the game as well, he really seems to enjoy it too. Besides the aformentioned quest and clan trial freezing issues, the game seems to run just fine. Props for an excellent release!

stroltz35

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 1481, in
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7823, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7420, in _BootstrapApp
File "main.py", line 1437, in OnInit
File "main.py", line 1304, in load_rom
File "nds.pyo", line 273, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\SLOT\\ffa2.nds'

THIS IS THE PROBLEM IM HAVEING CAN NE ONE HELP ME?

HazeyRoms

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You stinky "TATTLE TALE COCK SUCKER!"
Boo Hoo, Deufeufeu, Tattled on a message I sent Him And I will Piss this WHOLE forum off 1 time every day!

HazeyRoms

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FaggOt Face FaggOt face, Deufeufeu, isn't the father of his baby, His wife works as a STRIPPER who can we trust
-Ban Me FUCK you!

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes ban HazeyRoms. Looks like his 5 posts are all useless flaming and cursing. Third reincarnation of retman/Wii_DS??
laugh.gif

*waits for the flame PM's from hazeyroms*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries