Gaming FFIV DS (U) Anticipation Thread

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
WeaponXxX, I never thought of that. Maybe we will get some stephen hawkins voice like action.

I do remember hearing that they removed renames. That's why Namingway has all her other forms now.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:
...is the trailer over hyping the game and there are no cut scenes?I played through the Japanese version when it came out half a year ago and they do have cut scenes and voice acting in-game, so it's not just hype.
Taedirk said:
QUOTE(ferrariman @ Jul 21 2008, 12:46 AM) WeaponXxX, I never thought of that. Maybe we will get some stephen hawkins voice like action.
I do remember hearing that they removed renames. That's why Namingway has all her other forms now.
When you first meet Namingway, he'll ask you if you want to change your name. The renaming of characters hasn't been removed.

So if you do change your name, it will be inconsistent with the voice dialogue--at least, that's the case in the Japanese version. I haven't heard anything about this being addressed for the US release. Although, Stephen Hawking voice action would be pretty entertaining.

brink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF4 is my favorite FF, hands down. Pretty much every FF since 4 owes it's success to it, however each FF since has become more and more commercial, catered and tuned for the masses and thus, began to really suck. When Square re-released FF1, 2 and 3, they had patch up the story line because that was all back seat priority back then, something that really only started to change with FF4. This is a fantastic RPG and I'm excited to replay through this classic game.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol, my Best Buy flier says that this game is "M" rated!
yaynds.gif
That would be awesome. There might actually be a reason to waste time on the dancing girls.

It also says Trauma Center 2 and Myst are "M" rated, so someone definitely screwed that up.
tongue.gif

Anyone have a reliable source as to which day this game will ship? The retailers in my area say it won't be on shelves until Wednesday, the 23rd, but there's lots of inter-tube speak that says it ships today and will be in stores Tuesday.

If anyone actually has a reliable source for that info (ie, "you work at a store", not "you read gamefaquers"), I'm sure it would help out the F5ers in the next 48 hours.

BTW, I tried playing the (J) version last night without my D-Pad thumb, and it wasn't all that bad. I sure am glad it's not Castlevania coming out this week.
wink.gif

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i am pumped about this game...i remember playing several hours but not finishing the SNES version...time for redemption.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Szyslak said:
Lol, my Best Buy flier says that this game is "M" rated!
yaynds.gif
That would be awesome. There might actually be a reason to waste time on the dancing girls.

It also says Trauma Center 2 and Myst are "M" rated, so someone definitely screwed that up.
tongue.gif

Anyone have a reliable source as to which day this game will ship? The retailers in my area say it won't be on shelves until Wednesday, the 23rd, but there's lots of inter-tube speak that says it ships today and will be in stores Tuesday.

If anyone actually has a reliable source for that info (ie, "you work at a store", not "you read gamefaquers"), I'm sure it would help out the F5ers in the next 48 hours.

BTW, I tried playing the (J) version last night without my D-Pad thumb, and it wasn't all that bad. I sure am glad it's not Castlevania coming out this week.
wink.gif
in the (J) DS remake it's somewhat between the original (J) and (U) version in terms of censorship.
however the 3D graphics make it slightly more interesting than the original (J) one.

jjjppp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krartan said:
yukia666 said:
Edit: I forgot to mention the other game that was released for phones, called Before Crisis: FFVII, which is ANOTHER prequel to a VERY deep and intriguing story line ^^ I personally love FFVIII, and FFVII ^^ Love the GFs and the Materia, respectively.
biggrin.gif
*History Lesson for those who didn't know about these information bits ^^

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm anticipating this too. Except I'm not waiting for the dump, I've already pre-ordered the game, and just waiting for it to get in.

How does Square Enix get me to buy a game I already have three versions of? That being said, all those are ports of the SNES original, and given how much I enjoyed the original and FF3, this is a no-brainer.

Now, if Dragon Quest IV would hurry up and come out... FF3 and DW4 are probably the greatest NES RPGs ever, and I'm really itching to play through it again.
smile.gif

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to this game now thanks to this thread, I hadn't thought about the game since the Japanese version was released. Now every time I see this thread I'm reminded that I can't wait for it's release!

maz-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FF 3 on the DS was the worst FF I've played (and I've played nearly all of them), so I'm not too sure about this one..will check it out of course, but yeah, don't really have high expectations.

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maz- said:
FF 3 on the DS was the worst FF I've played (and I've played nearly all of them), so I'm not too sure about this one..will check it out of course, but yeah, don't really have high expectations.

About the only thing that FF3 and FF4 share are the name. There's a huge difference between the two.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF3 was great!, by far the worst for me was Dawn of Souls 1/2, it was so boring, had so little story, and felt like they just threw you out into the wild >_>, the best hands down was 5/6, the sheer amount of content in 6 was amazing >_>.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
maz- said:

You won't be disappointed - FFIV is focused on story, character backgrounds, plot, better battle mechanics, bigger world etc.

FFIII was a taster of things to come (FFV is probably it's bigger sister/brother)

FFVI, VII & VIII went technological/sci-fi-ish, focused on story, character backgrounds, plot, better battle mechanics, bigger worlds etc.

FFIX went back to it's roots with FFIV/V type of story.

I won't cover the others as they are in a different league altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...