FF7 remake being released as a "Multi part series"

j0ffxdv9wtxoes2aqqak.png
It's been revealed that the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII remake will be released as a "multi part series" with each offering a "unique experience"

This may come as a blow to fans if this means the whole story of VII won't be available immediately. The announcement has yet to be properly clarifled.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by chavosaur,
Reactions: Chary

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whhhhaatttt??! Nuh uh. No! NOPE! Not gonna happen. Fuck this shit. Nothing to do here. Fuck this noise. Going back to bootleg mods

The hype train is run by SHINRA. IT'S A TRAP! It runs on nostalgia and greed!! We gotta get off this thing now!!

*red lights above*

{Cue Intro AVALANCHE theme}

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like they're dividing it up to sell it piecemeal to get more money out of it. Sounds like modern day Squenix to me, so it's not that surprising. I could be wrong, but still, I'm not holding out much hope.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't imagine they'll survive the fan backlash from this terrible decision. They've got some pretty big balls to even try.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States

Damn it all, Square, you literally had my money in your pocket. I'd be alright with this crack if the three games cost 1/3rd of a full game's price, but we all know already that they haven't the restraint or sense to do that. Just look at what they said, describing each game as offering a "unique experience." They're already trying to soften us up for the release of each part priced at, or around, $60. $40 each would be my best guess, but the day I pay $120 for a FFVII remake is the day I pull down my pants and let Square stuff me like a holiday bird. Even $30 each would be disgraceful beyond measure.

That being said, I'll not ignore the SLIM possibility that each part gets enough content to justify both the split and the price, but I imagine they'll have to drastically overhaul the structure of the game to accomplish that, and I don't think I, nor anyone else, could possibly expect that from Square. Not when modern publishers have tried to pull arguably worse stunts.

The tarnished silver lining to this swollen, obese, greedy Cloud is that there's more than likely a stampede of anger set to launch at pEnix (if it's not already in full swing, that is), meaning that this plan might not be permanent.

Last edited by Meteor7,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a game that people have wanted remade for years now and split it up into parts?!. no way can SquareE sell it for $59.99 and call it a day. Oh no, let's split this up into multiple installments all probably being priced over $19.99 a piece. making a $59.99 game anywhere from 70-150. all this dlc / add on s*** for games now-a-days. what happened to pay one price and get the "Full" game not just bits and pieces and if players wish to continue they must pay more? oh well let's see what they do. and if I end up buying it...

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
If this really keeps up like that, welp, i heard that there is a kernel exploit on 1.76 for PS4 consoles, if that's the case, then i shall use it very well, 120$ dollars for one game?, and we haven't talked about the future things this game will have, which are probably gonna cost half the price tag of the game anyway, NOPE, NOPE Square Enix, you want to treat me as if i was a fucking idiot?, guess what, you ain't receiving money out of me, I hope you like your game be played by several others without paying, 'cause that's what is gonna happen.

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First there's a whole tidal wave of people coming out of the woodwork to defend the battle system, and now they're gonna defend selling you each disc. If it comes out with a reasonable battle system and isn't parted out disc for disc I'll be surprised. Such a shame. Hard to stay hopeful at this point.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First there's a whole tidal wave of people coming out of the woodwork to defend the battle system, and now they're gonna defend selling you each disc. If it comes out with a reasonable battle system and isn't parted out disc for disc I'll be surprised. Such a shame. Hard to stay hopeful at this point.

Well intelligent people defend the combat system change because it's for the better.

Trying to split the game up is in no way, shape or form better. It's pretty unlikely too many people will be defending such a stupid idea. This thread is already pretty evident of that.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know, I'm gonna complain about all the changes, but then I'm going to buy whatever they put out anyway. I'll just be pissed if they remove my chocobo riding.

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know, I'm gonna complain about all the changes, but then I'm going to buy whatever they put out anyway. I'll just be pissed if they remove my chocobo riding.

Well, that ain't healthy. Not for you, but for the future of the games industry. Things will only become worse if we become lax and don't act against things like this. Surely we know by now that given an inch, companies'll stick the whole footlong up ours.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be optimistic here and make a bit of a different guess.

You guys remember the original game being split across three discs. Maybe what they meant was that each disc's equivalent in the remake is the same file-size as a full game. They split the game into multiple parts for the same reason that the original is split into three discs. Yes, they could have made it all one super-massive file, but then you'd be downloading for ages. This way, you can download each part individually, with your single purchase giving access to all three parts.

You may call it stupidly over-optimistic, I'm going to call it the only interpretation that doesn't result in Square-Enix getting burned at the metaphorical stake.

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You guys remember the original game being split across three discs. Maybe what they meant was that each disc's equivalent in the remake is the same file-size as a full game. They split the game into multiple parts for the same reason that the original is split into three discs. Yes, they could have made it all one super-massive file, but then you'd be downloading for ages. This way, you can download each part individually, with your single purchase giving access to all three parts.

You may call it stupidly over-optimistic, I'm going to call it the only interpretation that doesn't result in Square-Enix getting burned at the metaphorical stake.

But when it's digital, file size is no issue.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's been revealed that the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII remake will be released as a "multi part series" with each offering a "unique experience"

D

Deleted User

Can't wait for "Final Fantasy 7 p3: Clouds Revenge" where he becomes evil and kills a bunch of kids for no reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou