Few questions about DS Lite condition..

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Extreme Coder, Feb 5, 2008.

Feb 5, 2008
  1. Extreme Coder
    OP

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    So, Egypt was totally disconnected from the Internet for a few days, so I couldn't come here for a while :'( It's not even totally finished..

Anyway, I just got an Ice Blue DS Lite a week ago, and I'm Lovin' It [​IMG]

I have a few condition questions:

The glossy surface kinda has too much scratches when reflecting it in the sunlight, is that normal?

The same with the touch screen, there is only one normal scratch and a few little scratches, is it normal or should I be getting me a screen protector?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    the light coloured ds lite systems (white and ice blue) tend to do a better job at hiding scratches and fingerprints, however it doesn't stop them from occuring. I've got one of the hori silicon sleeves to protect the outside and a set of their screen protectors for the displays.

the coating on the displays is plastic and any abrasive particles such as dust, dirt, etc that can get caught between your stylus and screen can scratch it (as can a six year old with a heavy hand [​IMG]), so it's best just to protect your investment.

3. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    getting any form of protection for your ds is usually always a good idea, i bought a hori screen protector the moment i got my ds lite, never regreted it

4. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Not to mention that a case for your DS is also good to have, like NERF armour or something like that.

5. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I agree. Unless you don't mind or care about your investments it's better to protect it if you don't want silicon on the outside you can buy Capdase's Professional Skinguard or Hori's Protect Filter DS Lite (which will include screen protectors, D-pad and button surrounding protector [be careful when getting these of as the blue upper layer helps indicate where it is; the real protection though might still stick on the sheet], and top screen outer protection [i.e. where the double screen logo is])

6. rix

Newcomer rix Member

Netherlands
    Yes, I think it's a very good idea to use screenprotectors.

A case to carry and protect your dslite is also a good thing to have.
    Prevents the scratches if you carry your ds lite in your pocket.

7. Extreme Coder
    OP

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    I regret a lot the fact that I didn't buy myself a screen protector and case the moment I got my DS Lite, it has taken some slight damage already [​IMG]
    I didn't know if the too much scratches on the glossy surface was OK or not [​IMG] Atleast I didn't get too much scratches on the touchscreen.