ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The fate file is for the 'Branch of Fate' option.
...restesting still in progress, so many steps 'cause everything i have keeps complaining. >:c

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fate file is for the 'Branch of Fate' option.
...restesting still in progress, so many steps 'cause everything i have keeps complaining. >:c

... That makes sense. That's pretty cool. I imagine it saves details of your Avatar, as well as some other unit related info for your early joining units. I wonder if it would be possible to use a branch of fate backup to manipulate the game into starting at a difficulty other than your last one?

Like I want to start Birthright Lunatic, but I didn't want to replay through the initial 5 chapters again, since the last file I started was on hard. I wonder if you could load a branch of fate backup from when you had already played through Lunatic's initial chapters and have it work?

Probably an overly complicated idea for not much out of it, but interesting.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...well you can open it in FEFTwiddler, so maybe!

With some jiggerypokering i was able to have the bosses as well! Victory, victory-- *Looks over at Chrom* ...Outrealmer, with Outrealmer class, oh for... *Looks at Frederick* ...Outrealmer... Aaaand Lissa... Yup, same problem as Chrom.

god damnit, why must i suffer.
ALL I'VE DONE IS LIVE IN A PAL REGION. *Sobs*

Last edited by whitewolf8,

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...well you can open it in FEFTwiddler, so maybe!

With some jiggerypokering i was able to have the bosses as well! Victory, victory-- *Looks over at Chrom* ...Outrealmer, with Outrealmer class, oh for... *Looks at Frederick* ...Outrealmer... Aaaand Lissa... Yup, same problem as Chrom.

god damnit, why must i suffer.
ALL I'VE DONE IS LIVE IN A PAL REGION. *Sobs*
Guess you can say your DLC is.. inchromplete.

Did Omega's work as well?

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, you can just go into the support editor thing and change whatever S rank you have to an A rank, you'd probably need to do this for the other person, too.

Reactions: PKBowsy

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say I'm not surprised. But I figured I'd offer, at least. *shrug*
Just a bit of info for you about Fates extra data. First off, merging two dumps just by dragging the files into the same folder will not ever work. This is because the game includes a file called 'gcontents.bin' or something like that that has a full list of the files in Fates' extra data. Also, extra data shouldn't be console specific. That was just a theory Deathchaos had since the whole extra data restore concept to add the dlc characters wasn't working before.

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried using JK's Save Manger in .3dsx format (which should fully work without CFW) and it has access to ExtraData. That means that while you cannot install the DLC needed to inject the asset files in your ExtraData, one of us could give you the files. So you'd only have to use JK's Save Manager to backup your ExtraData, insert the assets in the backup's folder, then restore the backup. Once that's done, the .fe14unit files should work. Here's the save manager's link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
As for the assets file, I need to make sure I have the latest ones then upload them but anyone with the DLC installed could do the same.
Really? That's interesting. How would I inject those?

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just a bit of info for you about Fates extra data. First off, merging two dumps just by dragging the files into the same folder will not ever work. This is because the game includes a file called 'gcontents.bin' or something like that that has a full list of the files in Fates' extra data. Also, extra data shouldn't be console specific. That was just a theory Deathchaos had since the whole extra data restore concept to add the dlc characters wasn't working before.
So in order to get it all working properly, I'd either need to be able to edit the g_contents file to mash it all together, or beg someone who already has it all to give pls.
hm...

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see. Would anyone be able to do this? Or will this be something that you and DeathChaos would have to work together on? I'm sure somebody would be willing to figure it out. Like whitewolf heheh. I'd probably try as well but he's a lot better at this than I am.

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn