Homebrew Featured Devs of the 3DS Scene

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I want to create a post gathering information of the devs the 3DS scene has right now. But I'm busy so often and because of that I miss many important info, I would apreciate if the contributors of this list are the tempers, and of course, the desvs themselves, I will add that to the first post.

So in order to keep track of every dev and all oh their work, I will include their info, several (and legal) links about their work and what is in each one.

Something like this:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"22 year old amateur game programmer and 3DS reverse engineer extraordinaire"

Featured works:

Ninjhax

http://smealum.net/ninjhax/

"Ninjhax is the name I gave to the solution I released back in November 2014 to allow users to run homebrew software on their 3DS/2DS/New 3DS with the (at the time) latest firmware version."

regionthree

https://github.com/smealum/regionthree

region free loader for 3DS/3DSXL/2DS on firmware versions 4.0-9.4 this also allows you to bypass mandatory gamecard firmware updates
loads games from other regions and runs them in YOUR language if possible !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I am a hobbyist developer and reverse engineer-er. I am interested in technology and all aspects of it. I am fluent in Java, C, Objective-C, PHP, ARM-ASM, Shell, HTML, and more. I also dabble in computer security analyzing, web mastering, web design, and data recovery. You may know me for: creating Habbo Hotel private servers (retired and abandoned), Kindle jailbreak and mods, or PSXperia (running PSX games on Xperia Play)."

Featured works:

Reversing Gateway Ultra

http://yifan.lu/

"As a break from Vita hacking, I’ve decided to play around with the Nintendo 3DS exploit released by Gateway yesterday. The 3DS is a much easier console to hack, but unfortunately, the scene is dominated by a piracy company who, ironically, implement various “features” to protect their intellectual property (one such feature purposely bricks any user of a cloned piracy cart–and also “legitimate” users too). Ethics aside, it would be useful to reverse Gateway’s exploits and use them for homebrew loading so I took a quick look at it. The first stage of the exploit is an entry-point into the system that allows code to run in the unprivileged user-mode. It is usually used to exploit a kernel vulnerability, which is the second stage. In the unique case of Gateway, the first stage is broken up into two parts (in order for them to obfuscate their payload). I am only going to look at the first part for now."

staplebutter
Featured Works:
blargSNES, SNES emulator for 3DS.
" What the title says. If you have seen lolSnes, you know what to expect. This project even reuses a lot of lolSnes's code.
Like everything else regarding 3DS homebrew, this is in early stages.​
Builds from EmuCR are NOT SUPPORTED. You will not receive help if you have trouble with one of these builds."

rinnegatamante
Featured Works:
Big Red Menu - Legal CIA installer/uninstaller
http://gbatemp.net/threads/big-red-menu-legal-cia-installer-uninstaller.379061/unread

As i said today, i was working on a CIA manager for 3DS to substitute devMenu/BigBlueMenu which are Nintendo copyrighted.
CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager
http://gbatemp.net/threads/chmm-custom-homemenu-manager.379349/unread

Today, i want to show you my last work: Custom Home Menu Manager.
With this homebrew, through a simple menu you can choose what theme you want to install and interchange them rapidly and safely.
You can also add a preview in .PNG format with your own theme that will be showed on TOP_SCREEN (if the PNG is too big for the screen, it can be "explored" through Circle Pad).
Homebrew CIAs UniqueID Collection
Why not making a list of used CIA UniqueID to not get conflicts for our homebrews?
If you want, just put your CIA uniqueID and i'll add it to first post​
[Release] ORGANIZ3D - Filebrowser for 3DS
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-organiz3d-filebrowser-for-3ds.377783/unread

ORGANIZ3D is a filebrowser/multimedia reader for 3DS wrote with LUA Player Plus.

[W.i.P] Lua Player Plus - First Lua Interpreter for 3DS
http://gbatemp.net/threads/w-i-p-lua-player-plus-first-lua-interpreter-for-3ds.374770/

After 2 days, we reached the goal to port our LUA core made for PSP/PSVITA to 3DS and we run the first LUA script on this console!

[Release] 3DSHangman
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3dshangman.379285/unread

Here you are another port of one of my PSP LUA homebrews.
3DSHangman is a port of my Lua Hanging homebrew for PSP.
It runs under Lua Player Plus both PSP and 3DS and it is a Hangman game with possibility to add new words in the game database directly from the homebrew :D.

Basic word database provides 75 different words.

Thanks to kek300 for the homebrew icon.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but this thread is going to blow up in your face. What qualifies as "the best"? What you might find useful could be useless to other users and vice versa. Also, by labeling devs as "best" or "featured", your doing anyone not featured on your list a disservice by calling their work insignificant. Some devs prefer to remain anonymous so you can't even add them to your list.

These people aren't celebrities nor do they wanted to be treated as such.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No offense but this thread is going to blow up in your face. What qualifies as "the best"? What you might find useful could be useless to other users and vice versa. Also, by labeling devs as "best" or "featured", your doing anyone not featured on your list a disservice by calling their work insignificant. Some devs prefer to remain anonymous so you can't even add them to your list.

These people aren't celebrities nor do they wanted to be treated as such.

My only interest in this post is to gather all the homebrew works in one single post, I was not trying to call them "the best" or trying to mean that anothers woirk is "insignificant".

My plan here is include every single dev and what are they working on, but I need feedback form users and the devs themselves.

Maybe the tittle is misleading, so a suggestion of a better and proper tittle is welcome.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not make a wiki page instead and just link to it? Then on their talk pages, the devs can simply add their own homebrew threads to it. /shrug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...