ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, one weekend after the promised date, but here's a small update.

V6.5 Notes:
- Divided DLC into 3 entries, Chrom/Lissa/Frederick on entry 1, all non Cipher/Amiibos on Entry 2, and Cipher/Amiibos on entry 3.
- few fixes for Chrom/Lissa/Frederick, they should now be treated as normal player units, complete with death camera pan, they even have their Awakening growths now!
- Lissa's BCSAR has been rebuilt! All of her missing clips should now be included, such as Attack heavy and Critical quotes!
- Extdata dump has been updated.

a Japanese version CIA should be coming in the next few days if I can get them to work in a region free manner (as in you wouldn't need a Japanese 3DS/emuNAND for the DLC to work).

I can't really test the EUR CIAs so let me know if they work or have any bugs.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, one weekend after the promised date, but here's a small update.

V6.5 Notes:
- Divided DLC into 3 entries, Chrom/Lissa/Frederick on entry 1, all non Cipher/Amiibos on Entry 2, and Cipher/Amiibos on entry 3.
- few fixes for Chrom/Lissa/Frederick, they should now be treated as normal player units, complete with death camera pan, they even have their Awakening growths now!
- Lissa's BCSAR has been rebuilt! All of her missing clips should now be included, such as Attack heavy and Critical quotes!
- Extdata dump has been updated.

a Japanese version CIA should be coming in the next few days if I can get them to work in a region free manner (as in you wouldn't need a Japanese 3DS/emuNAND for the DLC to work).

I can't really test the EUR CIAs so let me know if they work or have any bugs.
Do we need to do the delete extra data thing?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Do we need to do the delete extra data thing?
Well, if you want to have the fixed Lissa voices, and the updated Chrom/Lissa/Frederick with growths, then yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could also try replacing your extdata files with the dumped ones on OP, backup your extdata, copy/replace, restore, and that would probably work, just make an extra backup for safety.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you want to have the fixed Lissa voices, and the updated Chrom/Lissa/Frederick with growths, then yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could also try replacing your extdata files with the dumped ones on OP, backup your extdata, copy/replace, restore, and that would probably work, just make an extra backup for safety.
Has the dumped ext data in the OP been updated for this release or does that not need to be updated?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to FEFTwiddler, should I just change the growths you gave me for Chrom/Lissa/Frederick and replace them with their character growths from Awakening, since that's what you did for the DLC?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Reactions: KunoichiZ

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Aren't base growth rates lower though or am I not understanding the growth and base stats thing? Do I just swap what I currently have with the ones in this link?
Base stats are completely unrelated to growth rates though.

Their growths were all 0% before, now they actually have growth rates.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The QR codes aren't showing up.
That's odd, they show up just fine for me;
6c19aa564e8a4fc3a9bf8086aa83c965.png

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd, they show up just fine for me;
6c19aa564e8a4fc3a9bf8086aa83c965.png
Then why does my iPad have to be different? :/

Also, @DeathChaos25, if you choose add Chrom/Lissa/Frederick to your team after Chapter 6, Lissa does not have a weapon she can use. Her Axe rank is E, but the weapon you gave her is a C ranked weapon. That means you'll have to buy her a weapon to use until she can use her Bolt Axe.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I have version 2 I think and now I want to export my save to my original cartridge... There is some way to "uninstall" these custom characters?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I have version 2 I think and now I want to export my save to my original cartridge... There is some way to "uninstall" these custom characters?
Wipe Extra Data, then the characters will disappear. This will also delete your extra data saves and mid battle saves however.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
do an extdata backup, go to where that backup is and delete all the files that start with g_ except g_contents.bin, wipe your extdata on your 3ds and restore this backup you just edited.

Reactions: brkun

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i was trying to fix Lilith Head and take the frederick model for some experiments and i find this on the dlc vallite frederick
upload_2016-10-6_23-18-26.png

However i have a question did the DLC will still update to add and fix? like the lord seal?

Last edited by Roythekids5,

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if this is a stupid question, but I was curious; patches won't load if you don't boot the game through homebrew, but is the same true of custom DLC? Like, once I have the custom DLC installed and set up, could I boot the game normally and still have the characters from it, or would it have to be through homebrew if I wanted to use it?

A few other miscellaneous questions...
  1. Do Cipher!Marth and Cipher!Lucina use the same voices as their amiibo versions, or are they silent? If not, how feasible would it be to set them to do so? Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick seem to use their original voice clips.
  2. The Awakening trio have access to their Awakening reclass sets, correct?
  3. How easy would it be to just tweak the stats, growth rates, reclass sets, etc. of these custom DLC characters? I'd be interested in giving Marth, Lucina, and Minerva reclass options, (nothing broken, just three-class sets with their base classes at the center) if that'd be possible.
Aaaaaaand an off-topic question! How are "Avatar-type" units' growth rates, cap modifiers, and reclass options stored? Corrin is the only first-generation character in the game for whom those can vary, so, to cut to the chase, what I'm hoping is that it's possible to get fully-custom personal growth rates, modifiers, and maybe impossible Talents on a Logbook Avatar or Bond Unit. That is, give them personal growths and modifiers that cannot be created using any boon/bane combination, and a secondary class that doesn't correspond to any Talent, without actually hacking the ROM to do so. I'm interested in rebuilding a couple of Avatars from previous Fire Emblem games as Bond Units/Logbook Avatars, and I'd very much like to import their personal growths and cap modifiers and such directly from their original games if possible.

Last edited by Topaz Light,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
My apologies if this is a stupid question, but I was curious; patches won't load if you don't boot the game through homebrew, but is the same true of custom DLC? Like, once I have the custom DLC installed and set up, could I boot the game normally and still have the characters from it, or would it have to be through homebrew if I wanted to use it?

A few other miscellaneous questions...
  1. Do Cipher!Marth and Cipher!Lucina use the same voices as their amiibo versions, or are they silent? If not, how feasible would it be to set them to do so? Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick seem to use their original voice clips.
  2. The Awakening trio have access to their Awakening reclass sets, correct?
  3. How easy would it be to just tweak the stats, growth rates, reclass sets, etc. of these custom DLC characters? I'd be interested in giving Marth, Lucina, and Minerva reclass options, (nothing broken, just three-class sets with their base classes at the center) if that'd be possible.
Aaaaaaand an off-topic question! How are "Avatar-type" units' growth rates, cap modifiers, and reclass options stored? Corrin is the only first-generation character in the game for whom those can vary, so, to cut to the chase, what I'm hoping is that it's possible to get fully-custom personal growth rates, modifiers, and maybe impossible Talents on a Logbook Avatar or Bond Unit. That is, give them personal growths and modifiers that cannot be created using any boon/bane combination, and a secondary class that doesn't correspond to any Talent, without actually hacking the ROM to do so. I'm interested in rebuilding a couple of Avatars from previous Fire Emblem games as Bond Units/Logbook Avatars, and I'd very much like to import their personal growths and cap modifiers and such directly from their original games if possible.

1. Nope, the Cipher Characters are silent, adding their voices would require editing their AID and AIDs are a pain to deal with, and if you don't know what you're doing, or even if you think you know what you're doing, one wrong thing in the AID and the game will crash.

2. Correct.

3. It depends, if you're using the extdata version it would be rather difficult because of how filesize and compression work, so editing the files might cause the game to crash every time it attempts to load them from extdata meaning you'd never get past the loading screen and into the title screen.

If you have CFW then it'd be as easy as going to romfs/global/GameData/Person/ and locating the 3 files for the Ciphers, decompressing them, recompressing them and then just rebuilding the DLC with the changes.

I have no idea how avatar units work, I know they have a character block like any normal unit, and then the boon/bane adds/subtracts to those growths.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning