ROM Hack FE Fates Heirs DLC: Children

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this before getting Shiro/Kiragi/Forrest/Siegbert from their paralogues. Will this cause an issue if I do their paralogues and recruit them?

EDIT 1:
I've noticed that if you use this without the fathers being married, a few things occur:
-The children can't use any other seals other than Master Seal.
-Shiro can't use any other seals (not even a Heart Seal) and therefore can't ever use the Raijinto, unless you change his class manually with FEFTwiddler.

I'm going to do some testing on what changes when you do have the parents married because I'm very curious.

EDIT 2:
So I tried using the DLC with a save from my cartridge version of Birthright. In my version:
-Forrest's parents are Hinoka and Leo. He has supports with them and his alternate self, aka Hinoka and Leo's actual child, technically making them "siblings", like what DeathChaos25's Twin Kanas patch does in making the Twin Kanas siblings with no support conversations.
-Siegbert's parents are Selena and Xander. He's the same case with Forrest.
-Kiragi's parents are Takumi and Mozu. Same as Forrest and Siegbert.
-Shiro is a bit different because he has a sibling in Shigure, so he has supports with Azura, Ryoma, Shigure, and his alternate self.
-They can now use the other seals (Friendship, Offspring, Heart, Partner).
-Shiro can now use a Heart Seal, making him able to reclass into a Samurai and properly use Raijinto.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be some sort of conflict between this and Omegablu's bosses. I loaded this one first, and then Omegablu's, and when I recruited one of the Boss characters, this happened.

Attachments

• bot_0000.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 219
  • top_0000.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 206

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be some sort of conflict between this and Omegablu's bosses. I loaded this one first, and then Omegablu's, and when I recruited one of the Boss characters, this happened.
Looks like this Siegbert and Omega's Zola (possibly Kilma?) have the same ID?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I wanted the ids for his characters and posted mine in my thread. Likely he used something that matches mine.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You know, if you wanted the kids to be "genuine", you should try remaking the character blocks, make it an exact copy of the original one in GameData but give them the bitflags for the weapons.

If ALL the data matches up, the game will replace the character no problem, so if you use the same PID, FID, AID, MPID, MPID_H, and character ID, basically just copy their block with the new bitflags, and this will save you compatibility issues as well as making them work as intended.

This is just a theory but it wouldn't hurt to try it out, I've replaced ingame assets through DLC such as AIDs and the game has yet to crash on me, as long as EVERYTHING matches, it should be ok.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if you wanted the kids to be "genuine", you should try remaking the character blocks, make it an exact copy of the original one in GameData but give them the bitflags for the weapons.

If ALL the data matches up, the game will replace the character no problem, so if you use the same PID, FID, AID, MPID, MPID_H, and character ID, basically just copy their block with the new bitflags, and this will save you compatibility issues as well as making them work as intended.

This is just a theory but it wouldn't hurt to try it out, I've replaced ingame assets through DLC such as AIDs and the game has yet to crash on me, as long as EVERYTHING matches, it should be ok.
The game does prefer extra data over the actual ROM. Proof: I stripped out the cutscene subtitles with custom dlc.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The game does prefer extra data over the actual ROM. Proof: I stripped out the cutscene subtitles with custom dlc.
Yup, this is why conflicting information is dangerous, the game will always prioritize extdata over actual gamedata, this is the case because extdata is basically treated the same as game updates, where their data supersedes the data found within the base game.

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I wanted the ids for his characters and posted mine in my thread. Likely he used something that matches mine.
I don't think we have the same IDs. Mine start from 0110 to 0410.

Mhm ok. That seems like a better approach since they would be able to change costumes w/o any problems from the accesoryshop.bin or w/e and any other things. If that doesn't work, would applying it as a patch be the same thing or pointless.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kana is harder than you think. I tried to do a male Kana and it was a nightmare. I ended up just making an OP one that can use all the pref. weapons besides Yato (because online play). The issue is that the known bitflag for Yato usage makes the character into a Corrin, ignoring all portraits and names that you try to set to it.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Kana is harder than you think. I tried to do a male Kana and it was a nightmare. I ended up just making an OP one that can use all the pref. weapons besides Yato (because online play). The issue is that the known bitflag for Yato usage makes the character into a Corrin, ignoring all portraits and names that you try to set to it.
Basically this, the Yato flag is not a Yato flag, but rather, the Weapon was assigned to work with the "Avatar" flag, so any person that can use the Yato, it would be because they are an Avatar, and as such, the game would convert the unit into your Corrin, replacing all portraits/names.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZNvU7E6IYO0?si=Qqg_kuBhFCXtL5R7