ROM Hack FE Fates Heirs DLC: Children

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a bit of a noob in Fire Emblem Fates romhacking and it's one of my first games of the series ><. So without further ado I have recreated the Children from the DLC. They're basically the same as your children only the fact they can carry their parent's weapons! They should have the same hair color and modifiers if you did get the parents married.

Who's in the DLC:
Forrest, Kiragi, Shiro, and Siegbert

Screenies:
gG5AaUU.png

DKXcIeB.png

M5y5Pe5.png

8kgDwai.png
Some Known Problems:
  • Their costume when you enter accessory shop, but that shouldn't be that major.
  • They don't have any scripts for supports, I have no idea how to add their scripts.
Q&A:
Q: Will I get shadowbanned?
A: No. I tested it myself online :)

Q: Can my other children hold them?
A: No, it's only for these specific ones.

Q: Why is there no KANA?!
A: I somehow got it to work before, but I deleted it thinking it was easy to have them hold it without any bugs x-x. Probably Soonish (maybe might cancel if I can't get it to work again without it displaying as an avatar :/)

Q: Can people see them?
A: Yes!

Next Update:
Basically try my best to recreate the characters. I think the only ones I'll be doing is Azura :P

Credits: :grog:
This has to be the most important part of this hehe. @RainThunder for his open wiki. Without it, the ability to make the children hold the weapons wouldn't exist. Thanks for the open-source wiki ^^. Also, @DeathChaos25 who knows a lot about this. Thanks for having all those important info flying around the web. I was literally struggling to understand all of this information for about a month or so. You did a good job making your information easy to understand. Your DLC was the template of this and I would say you deserve the most credit of this because you could have easily made this.

For most questions I'll try my best to answer them, but I'm far too unreliable as I'm a bit of a beginner on this subject.

Download Link:
https://mega.nz/#!Q9ZEAKjQ!2ExEFhKrz4uctHx_pXtn2bjXtCCcTlduERjM2yzqCLc

Last edited by Koko-Kun,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep they're basically from the paralogues. Hair color, seals, modifiers, and etc. from your original child are passed down to this DLC's children.
That's cool. This is pretty awesome actually. I loved Heirs of Fates and the children using the legendary weapons, so this is a thing that I've been wanting for awhile now.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may look look at the cipher because I think they don't suffer from this.
Haha haha. All characters that shouldn't appear in the accessory shop suffer from this. Not fixable IMO.
solved by changing PID
NEVER NEVER HAVE PIDS THAT ARE THE SAME. Sorry for the caps, but the point needs to be made. If two characters have the same PID, then all sorts of crashes, conflicts, etc, etc, etc will occur. Also, even though part of the support lists are dealt with by the support table ID the other half is the character ID. The game uses character ids to deal with support and when those don't match up then no dialogue is shown.

Also, just thought that I'd throw this out there: The versions of the kids in the official dlc can't actually wield the divine weapons. They use replicas that only exist in those missions. These replicas lack the bitflag that locks the usage of the weapon. Additionally, the dlc kids use separate assets with fixed hair color.

Sorry for the essay, I promise I'm getting close to the end. Kana with Yato usage would be impossible without A.) The Kana becoming an MU or B.) A special set of Yatos that can be wielded by anyone (like what I mentioned above). Also, I can make the evil parents, kids, etc. as I've gotten pretty good at scraping together assets. Feel free to take some of the work load though as I have quite a bit on my plate right now. Hands off Anankos. I'm doing him (just about finished too, if his stupid AID would work grrrr).

Final 2 things: Do you mind if I make a video of these characters? I'm getting close to a new update for my project and will be recording anyways. And character IDs. If you have a list of the ids you used that would be great.

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha haha. All characters that shouldn't appear in the accessory shop suffer from this. Not fixable IMO.

NEVER NEVER HAVE PIDS THAT ARE THE SAME. Sorry for the caps, but the point needs to be made. If two characters have the same PID, then all sorts of crashes, conflicts, etc, etc, etc will occur. Also, even though part of the support lists are dealt with by the support table ID the other half is the character ID. The game uses character ids to deal with support and when those don't match up then no dialogue is shown.

Also, just thought that I'd throw this out there: The versions of the kids in the official dlc can't actually wield the divine weapons. They use replicas that only exist in those missions. These replicas lack the bitflag that locks the usage of the weapon. Additionally, the dlc kids use separate assets with fixed hair color.

Sorry for the essay, I promise I'm getting close to the end. Kana with Yato usage would be impossible without A.) The Kana becoming an MU or B.) A special set of Yatos that can be wielded by anyone (like what I mentioned above). Also, I can make the evil parents, kids, etc. as I've gotten pretty good at scraping together assets. Feel free to take some of the work load though as I have quite a bit on my plate right now. Hands off Anankos. I'm doing him (just about finished too, if his stupid AID would work grrrr).

Final 2 things: Do you mind if I make a video of these characters? I'm getting close to a new update for my project and will be recording anyways. And character IDs. If you have a list of the ids you used that would be great.
LOL, sorry you needed to write this up. I know a lot of this already. I gotten Robin's PID to load fine probably because he was not in my save. As for the accesory shop I feel like a flag might fix that. The support table idk about and never will hehe. Yes I'm fully aware those weapons are different and the children dont have flags and their portraits is just a specific color. I gotten Kana to load with Yato before (don't quote me on this, I just somehow did w/o avatar pottait) Idk what do you want to take? I want azura definetely. I'll just keep good Anakos with me privately if I can force myself to build his AID. Shouldn't be that hard. As for IDs I'm going to change it to be the same as the Gamedata.bin. I don't remember their Ids atm i'm in bed trying to sleep. Yeah you can take a video ^^.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, sorry you needed to write this up. I know a lot of this already. I gotten Robin's PID to load fine probably because he was not in my save. As for the accesory shop I feel like a flag might fix that. The support table idk about and never will hehe. Yes I'm fully aware those weapons are different and the children dont have flags and their portraits is just a specific color. I gotten Kana to load with Yato before (don't quote me on this, I just somehow did w/o avatar pottait) Idk what do you want to take? I want azura definetely. I'll just keep good Anakos with me privately if I can force myself to build his AID. Shouldn't be that hard. As for IDs I'm going to change it to be the same as the Gamedata.bin. I don't remember their Ids atm i'm in bed trying to sleep. Yeah you can take a video ^^.
Thanks. The ids should not be the same as the originals because the game will confuse them. No crashes, but upon reboot you will find that the characters were replaced by their Game data.bin counterparts. I have no idea whatsoever how you got that Kana to work as I spent a solid half of a day testing the reasonable bitflag values for Yato. As for the characters I'm going to make I'll have to get back with you on that. I haven't beat Revelations or all of the Heirs of Fate missions yet.

Reactions: Koko-Kun

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. The ids should not be the same as the originals because the game will confuse them. No crashes, but upon reboot you will find that the characters were replaced by their Game data.bin counterparts. I have no idea whatsoever how you got that Kana to work as I spent a solid half of a day testing the reasonable bitflag values for Yato. As for the characters I'm going to make I'll have to get back with you on that. I haven't beat Revelations or all of the Heirs of Fate missions yet.
Ah ok duly noted. I feel like something like that happened to that Kana so pretty much that boat sank. Also, did you change the icon and description of your DLC? Can you please tell me how you did it because my game doesn't recognize my DLC.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok duly noted. I feel like something like that happened to that Kana so pretty much that boat sank. Also, did you change the icon and description of your DLC? Can you please tell me how you did it because my game doesn't recognize my DLC.
The content file that starts with c.0000 is what you want. File extension varies wildly. Extract it. Then:
  • Add 1 to the byte at offset 0x8 in MetaDataContentHeader.bin file for each icon you add. It keeps track of the number of icons in "icons" folder.
  • Hex edit ContentInfoArchive_USA_en.bin. DLC data starts from offset 0x8, and each DLC occupy 0xC8 bytes.
  • Structure for each DLC:
    Code:
    0x0-0x3F: DLC title
    0x40-0xBF: DLC description0xC0-0xC3:Icon index0xC4-0xC7: unknown
  • Add a new icon to icons folder, and named it corresponding to the icon index.
Adding icons is okay, but adding entries to the content info file is not. You will have to overwrite an existing entry. Not an issue as there are plenty of "Reserved" entries. Also note that this content file will never have an fst.bin. You can also use existing icons (I know many of the Heirs of Fate icons would work for this).
Also, started playing Heirs of Fate and got to thinking about what I want to do. I'd like to do Shigure and the Hoshido kids and their parents. BTW the special Azura has an AID you can use that might give her the wierd model she has in the dlc. The neutral kids we can split up (unless you want to do them all).

Reactions: Koko-Kun

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The content file that starts with c.0000 is what you want. File extension varies wildly. Extract it. Then:
  • Add 1 to the byte at offset 0x8 in MetaDataContentHeader.bin file for each icon you add. It keeps track of the number of icons in "icons" folder.
  • Hex edit ContentInfoArchive_USA_en.bin. DLC data starts from offset 0x8, and each DLC occupy 0xC8 bytes.
  • Structure for each DLC:
    Code:
    0x0-0x3F: DLC title
    0x40-0xBF: DLC description0xC0-0xC3:Icon index0xC4-0xC7: unknown
  • Add a new icon to icons folder, and named it corresponding to the icon index.
Adding icons is okay, but adding entries to the content info file is not. You will have to overwrite an existing entry. Not an issue as there are plenty of "Reserved" entries. Also note that this content file will never have an fst.bin. You can also use existing icons (I know many of the Heirs of Fate icons would work for this).
Also, started playing Heirs of Fate and got to thinking about what I want to do. I'd like to do Shigure and the Hoshido kids and their parents. BTW the special Azura has an AID you can use that might give her the wierd model she has in the dlc. The neutral kids we can split up (unless you want to do them all).
Mhm thanks. What's interesting about Shigure lol? Unless there's a flag that allows a character to sing he's really not that special :P. For Azura ik about her, I'm planning on using some of her assets from Rom3 or w/e with the Heirs of Fate.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhm thanks. What's interesting about Shigure lol? Unless there's a flag that allows a character to sing he's really not that special :P. For Azura ik about her, I'm planning on using some of her assets from Rom3 or w/e with the Heirs of Fate.
His portrait shows him wearing the pendant which is downright awesome. I *might* make him a special singing class that uses his special Sky Knight sprite. Vallite Heir is sounding pretty good right now.

Reactions: ArcPh1r3

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His portrait shows him wearing the pendant which is downright awesome. I *might* make him a special singing class that uses his special Sky Knight sprite. Vallite Heir is sounding pretty good right now.
Oh never knew that hehe I miss the small details. I was thinking the same thing about that, but it would be nice if there was a flag for character.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh never knew that hehe I miss the small details. I was thinking the same thing about that, but it would be nice if there was a flag for character.
It'll probably be a lot of copying and pasting from the songstress class. I know where the important stuff is like growths, skills, weapon rank caps, etc are so the class won't be a total copy of the (bad) songstress class.

ArcPh1r3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a class with the look of Nohr Prince(ss) but the stats of a promoted class be possible? The most disappointing thing about Kana is their lack of scarves upon promotion. Vallite Noble maybe?

Igknotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have one. It is packed with the rest of the dlc if you have conquest/birthright and the ROM if you have the special edition.
So it possible to get fire emblem revelations through the CIA since it utilize the DLC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on